Is it okay for a christian to drink wine, beer and mixed drinks?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Well i have never put forward that being a drug addict or once ability to free themselves from addiction has anything to do with faith or lack there of in God.

I brought up the topic of drug addiction to use it as an analogy as to why people can preach that sin is wrong while still being sinners. I was using the fact that many drug addicts genuinely believe that being addicted to their drug is a bad thing and will even warn others against taking up a drug. This does not make then a hypocrite because they talk against the thing they cannot stop doing. Many while being addicted do their best to resist the addiction but constantly fall down and give in to their addiction.

I suppose no analogy is perfect and the drug = sin one is not perfect either. Sin is a far more powerful drug then crack and crystal meth. Sin is a drug that no person has ever broken their addiction to. The only rehab that works is the future one that God will provide to those who want to be free from there sinning addictions. One accessed through the recommendation of the Messiah Jesus.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Jesus is a drug. Some people get high on believing in Jesus. Religion is an addiction. There are people out there who go to church like they were going to AA or another 12-step program. None of it works unless you want it to. AA works about 18% of the time. Religion offers nothing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Sin is not an addiction, sin is a tool of manipulation, its use is to make the innocent feel guilty for his own nature, if I look at a woman and desire her, it's not sin is my nature I'm a man.

Sin is the invention of the church to belittle and make the innocent feel guilty, nothing more be said about sin. Sin only exists for those theist mindless retards who believe such bullshit!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I think you have unresolved anger issues

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

you are right in the sense that sin is an article for control - the laws of the state also operate on the same general principle however
    (I don't think you are prepared to live in a society without laws ....)

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I am not an angry person. I'm content in my understanding of the universe. I love all people... okay most all people. I enjoy my life's work. I love my family and they love me. My dogs love me. Dogs pick up on that anger, you know.

Anger doesn't play a role in atheism. (Atheists, correct me if I'm wrong. I've been admonished not to speak other than in the first person).

Atheism may have a false connotation of negativism, because we don't have belief in gods. That doesn't mean we are negative emotionally or intellectually as a general rule. We just don't share the supernatural beliefs of religionists.

But, since you brought it up, I'd like to know what you mean by "unresolved anger issues." Please explain.

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

its not so much about atheism, its about you (the fact that you are an atheist is not an issue)
    I guess the reason you come across as being possessed of unresolved anger issues is that your posts tend to be repetitively inimical and emotional

you could probably place all your posts/threads under the title "why I hate christians" - basically for a debate forum its problematic when one works solely out of one's emotional energy

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

12. WhiteStone Registered Member

Why would believing in Jesus be an addiction? Addictions have a negative connotation. Jesus has given me peace, forgiveness and patience with others. (Even though I'll be the first to admit that I still have much to learn in the latter

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) I don't see that as negative.

I agree 100% with your statement that religion offers nothing. Religion doesnt give you anything but empty hope. However, I disagree that faith in Jesus is mere religion.

If your opposition does not stem from emotional factors, as you say in your posts, I wonder what your inner motivation is. They are often so sharp that I do understand the feeling they are caused by an unresolved emotional issue.

13. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Feel free to give it up, then.

What? You can't? You don't want to?

Did you know that most addicts are in denial about their addiction?