is it necessary to take showers everyday?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by chris4355, Mar 21, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

yeah it does. ...tested...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Indonasia, if I remember correctly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Yes, it is Indonesia.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It's hot, but the humidity is also quite high, I guess it's above 75%, so when I sweat, the sweat doesn't go quickly. There is no way you don't take daily shower there.

Where do you live, Chris, and how is the temperature and humidity there?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

I've moved around pretty much all my life, now I'm in Southern California... at least for the next 2-3 years. I think I'm heading to Canada or somewhere colder when I'm done.

I can't take those California summers, way too hot and dry.

8. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

So maybe that's why you didn't feel the need of much shower past few weeks, or?? I mean it was still winter. Good luck on moving to Canada.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yup, mine does that too. Looks like I got electrocuted.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ha Ha..... Me too. I can go out with perfectly straight hair but in high humidity I come back and it is frizzy and wavy. :shrug:

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Same here. I used to keep mine shoulder length and straighten it...I gave up, every time the weather became slightly damp it just went back to its normal state.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My hair is down to about the middle of my back but layered more around my face.
    When I had shorter hair I found myself in the Salon a lot more to keep the shape.
    Now that it is long, not so much anymore. Now I just get it trimmed and highlights put in every 3-4 months and he thins it out with those scissors or it gets too bushy.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

When I worked at a tannery, unloading the incoming hides, I showered every day.

When I worked construction, blocktending and sheetrocking, I bathed every day (no shower available).

When I worked in a close office and teaching situation in daily contact close quarters with dozens of people, I usually showered every day.

When I drove for a living, when I hang around the house and don't get dirty, I just wash out the major joints before venturing into public, and shower when it would feel good.

Outside of public acceptability of one's crotch and armpits, the human body doesn't get itself dirty all that fast.

I have a suspicion that deoderents, in particular, can create a dependency something like sinus-clearing sprays and lip balms - that they kill the good bugs and enable recolonization by the bad ones, or something People I know who have quit using them for some reason - allergy, in particular - seem to smell pretty bad for a while regardless of soap and water. But people who never use them seem pretty normal, as long as soap and water is part of the routine.

Where I grew up, northern plains of the US, it was common for oldtimers who had to hand-pump and stove-heat their bathwater to go weeks - even all winter - without bathing. They didn't really smell that bad, IIRC, but every so often you'd hear a nurse at the emergency room mention that they had to cut some old guy's longjohns off him because his chest hair had grown into the wool weave. It was unusual enough to mention, but not unheard of. And they were in good health outside of the injury or whatever had landed them in the hospital.

14. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Wow, you have done many types of works!

What I confuse is, why is that some men (if not most), their feet (and socks that wrap them) are always smell bad even if they took shower everyday? I notice this for example when I am invited into party where we had to remove our shoes and wearing only socks or bare foot (to keep the floor clean). I think there are more bacteria on their feet than that on their shoes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Certainly a daily shower is not natural (That practice is only couple hundred years old, at most) and probably not as heathy as rarely washing, especially if soap is used as that removes the natural oils.

If you only washed without any soap once per month, or less frequently, I am sure you would have fewer colds and othe contagious illness. No one with one would come near you; but unless you can find someone with same POV, you may get very horny.

PS to inzomnia:
    Shoe are very un-natural also. Definitely deform your feet and if in high heels often shorten your Achlies tendon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

To answer your question about showering... no. Just please don't smell.

My diet isn't so shitty that I can't go a few days without showering if I must. But I know of some people that smell horrible after missing only one shower.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

inzomnia you shower twice a day?

your kidding, if all australians did that we would be in an even worse situation as far as water surplies are concerned than we already are. 3 min showers once a day is the MAX the goverment wants us to have (to the point that they keep sending stupid little water times out to everyone)

18. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

i cant find where i read it but there was some study that said australians shower the most out of anyone in the world

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

probably, we have a stupid love affair with water. Even inspite of evidence to the contrary people still act like it is an unlimited resorce to the point where the murry is dying because all the water has been used for things like city water (for adelaide and i think canbura) and irrigation

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the really stupid thing is that we apsolutly REFUSE to reuse water. There are treatment plants which are cleaning sewrage to dialisis standed (WELL above whats required for drinking water) and its being dumped in creeks to go out to sea or at best being used on gardens because people simply refuse to alow it to be put into the normal water surplie. So the tax payers money on the plants is wasted and we are spending MORE money on desalination plants which use more energy and have greater ecological side effects.

Shear idiocy

21. chris4355 Registered Senior Member

That sucks, I was not aware of that. In the US we don't even know where the hell our tap water comes from in the first place so its not an issue. =D

Waters running out across the world, and that's fact, I am sure once it becomes more apparent and the supply starts decreasing. They will opt for treatment plants. Money talks.

Or maybe I am being a little too optimistic.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When I shower I always just get myself wet, then turn off the water, lather up then turn the shower on again to rinse the soap away. That way I save allot of fresh water whenever I do shower which is at least once a day and sometimes twice , depending upon how much work I do or if I just feel dirty. I also sometimes use deodorant whenever I am going to go out to avoid that body odor that we all have at times. I also use cologne to have a "fresh" smell about me, not to strong but just light enough to know it is there. I like Cool Water and Baby Blue Jeans myself.

23. John99 Banned Banned

honestly i can go for weeks without a shower and i dont use deodorant or shaving cream. as a matter of fact i have not used deodorant or shaving cream for ten years. that is the truth. i do shave but then i use soap with no added ingredients or sometimes i just shave without soap. i hurts to shave like that sometimes but i just cant use shaving creme.