Is Homosexuality psycological or biological?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mrhero54, Mar 5, 2003.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Instinct is the cause of sexuality. Socialization causes you to put a label on it.

If you are attracted to one sex or the other, it's because that's what you're attracted to. Smells, feels, comfort in interaction, etc. sway one's attraction.

So 'heterosexuality' in general, is caused by an individual's predaliction for sexual interaction as re-enforced by their history. Likewise with homosexuality. Different people are shaped differently in all ways, their minds, tastes, etc... so their experiences as they interact with their predalictions guide them to the act in a manner that gratifies them (even if their gratification is "i don't want sexual gratification').

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

On the 'Heterosexuality is a disease' posts.

You mention women can't procreate without men. I'll kick in another open door for you. Men can't procreate without women.

Heterosexuality is the turbo of evolution. Beneficial recombinations are created more easily than just by chance during asexual reproduction.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

sexuALITY is both mind AND body, obviously. the idea that it was merely psychological and also labelled a disease by those %^$£ing shrinks was shown up for the psuedoscience it was

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mistermistoffolees Registered Senior Member

I personally think it can be both. What I call "True Homosexuality" is the genetic or biological origins of it, and "Psychological Homosexuality" being something skewed that happened in childhood. It is my belief that a lot of paedophiles and/or sexual deviants are psychologically homosexual ie. John Wayne Gacy. Read up on his childhood and specifically his relationship with his father.

8. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

There is no such thing as homosexuality or heterosexuality. That's the creation of the modern west.

These studies you are talking about are just hogwash. You study a couple of transgendered and meterosexual males and then you assume the results apply to men who desire men (which is practically every masculine male).

Whatever the theory claims, Homosexuality in practice refers to transgendered and meterosexual males who show an open interest in men. Most straight men have strong sexual desire for other men, but they are forced to take on a heterosexual identity.

The scientific community that seeks to understand human sexuality in such abstract forms, does not even care to define what it means by 'gay' first, before it starts to research these absurd identities. This is the basic requirement of science. But when it furthers the heterosexual agenda, no one cares to raise a voice.

THE ENTIRE SEXUAL ORIENTATION THEORY IS CRAP.

9. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

RUBBISH.

You don't need to be a heterosexual to procreate.

Heterosexuals are transgendered males that in the wild do not live in male packs, but live with females as one of them.

Apart from that, there is no evidence of heterosexuality in the wild. Human heterosexuality is a forced phenomenon. That expains the enormous checks on it and the hostility by those who tend to undeservedly gain power in such a warped system.

The first requirement of heterosexualtiy is to break the natural order of human life --- that of male only and female only spaces.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  10. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

On nature vs. nurture:

The society cannot create something that nature does not provide for. Society can only give favourable or unfavourable conditions for something that nature has created, so that allow it to devlop and blossom or make it wilt away and harm.

Society cannot make anyone like men or women. But society does make people gay and especially straight by applying specific social pressures. Heterosexuality is especially a condition which is totally artificial and brought on by the society. It is a fake identity that people put on to protect themselves.

But society does affect nature in indirect ways. There have been studies, that e.g., by forcing Jews in Europe into jobs that required intellect, jews developed a particular genetic disorder...... (I don't have the details). Or the case of African elephants when after a century or so of poaching male elephants stopped growing teeth, presumably as a precaution developed by the nature.

It will not be surprising if hundreds of years of suppression of sexual desire amongst straight men, some such disorder would have occurred. Or they might have lost something which was crucial for their well-being. Apart from their capacity to bond with other men.

11. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

sexuality is a western notion, not backed up by nature. Only gender is real.

Western society negates the importance of gender, and replaces it with unnatural sexual identities.

Sexual orientation has validity only in an mixed gender society, which is an unnatural way of living.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Simply, Homosexuality should be treated like Nymphomania, Beastility, Paedophilia as a psychiatric condition.

My reason is as follows. Firstly Homosexuals like to make everyone aware of their "sexual preference", quite frankly I don't want to know about peoples sexual preference no matter whether they are Homosexual or Hetrosexual. In certain respects if I was a boss of a company and a person stated that they were Homosexual, I wouldn't give them the job because of sexual harassments concerns. (Mearly stating there sexual preference can be harassment)

Notibly the human mind is quite dependant upon addictions, in fact it's natural for everyone to suffer a vice of some form. (I personally reason that because the human brain has opiate receptors, it more than welcomes addiction when such receptors are triggered from something that gives us a positive taxis, be it eating chocolate, taking drugs or sexual intercourse)

In fact such "addictions" like Nyphomania are the best way to explain homosexuals. A certain area of the brain being stimulated enough to cause the repurcussion of that addiction being repeated, in their instance intercourse with the same sex.
    (In the ROBORAT experiment, Rat's were rigged to have this region of their brain stimulated to allow for people to manipulate the directions they turned when roaming through rubble to aid finding victims from building collapses)

On top of that the other tell that there is the essense of a psychological condition is the way that Homosexual males act in regards to each other and proud hetrosexual males. (Namely hair pulling, nail scratching and overall "bitchyness")

In fact it can be suggested that if the entire populous was completely hetro and a homosexual individual was to be found nowadays, they would more than likely find themselves locked in a mental institute.