Is God to blame for all the evil in the World?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

And wait for the bullet that a fool will let fly without seeing clearly. Seriously now. Think of your foolish intent.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I just wonder what intent you've got...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

To not hunt with fools.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I guess you don't hunt then.

8. Great Old One Registered Member

You guys are weird.

Of course evil is God's fault.

It's certainly not my fault. And if you don't pick God then evil might end up being your fault. And then you'd have to do something about it.

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

God is reason, but knowledge as well.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It is my view that all human to human evil is our fault but that we cannot help but do that evil to each other.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct. This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Theists have developed Theistic Evolution to explain what I briefly showed if you think the notion compelling.

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Those are things one might have. They are not what one can be.

As you have nothing to show the reality of your statement, know that it is a lie and that you should stop lting about God.

Regards
    DL

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What one "can be" is ambiguous. You must have direction and purpose.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  13. Great Old One Registered Member

I agree with what you have said, but see another angle.

You claim natural disasters are 'unthinking'.

Once you open the door to existence, at all, as intentional or purposeful...you can't easily shut off where the purposes are and where they aren't. They're everywhere, basically...

That would leave a natural disaster as 'intentional', in turn, to the intent of existence in general with the specific purpose of creating change/victims.

I don't find that a very logical way to think, because you'll never shut off the number of possible purposes some event may serve nor decide between them what purpose it actually served. It's just what it is.

It's more useful, at least, to think of evils in terms of identifiable agents of change (people, animals to various degrees...things we suspect may have consciousness).

If you were a believer in God, as a conscious actor, acting on all events (and some religious traditions do, such as Calvinism and Islam/Occasionalism)...it looks to be a description of quite an evil puppet master. There's a number of 'God' like concepts people have taken up and looking at them carefully...most if not all of them are quite evil.

14. Great Old One Registered Member

I'd like to point out something about the 'theistic evolution' concept.

It states that 'God' as such exists in the ground of a truly chaotic being.

Even in this case 'God' is not really God. The true God is Chaos. And what thinks it is 'God' is simply waking up and trying to control it's true master.

Evil.

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The purpose that God seems to have is the destruction of what he himself created for being evil.

You would think that a God would set a better purpose for his existence than creating things just to destroy them.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree that we have written up our Western Gods as quite evil. Yet most in the West adore the prick of the bible.

Evil, to be evil in nature, would need to be acts that have an evil intent in the mind of the doer of that evil.

Natural events like earthquake or lightening that do kill people, cannot be said to be evil as they have no evil mind pushing those events.

Please look up mens rea ( Latin for evil mind or intent) for the discussion on lack of guilt or culpability when there is no evil intent behind an act.

A landslide does not slide to kill those in it's path. It just happens to happen when some are sometimes in the way.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

There is only one true God to any and all of us. That God is ourselves.

I linked to theistic evolution for their view of evolutionary evil, not for their view of some imaginary creator God.

God's master is not evil. God's master is good as cooperation is our default setting. Not competition.

There is a much better chance for an entity to survive if cooperating than competing when living in out type of social group. Ask any baby.

Regards
    DL

18. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Read a study once that concluded babies are psycho's. Can't remember where.

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Did you believe it?

Regards
    DL

20. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Parts of it seemed reasonable.

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

So do parts of Mein Kampf but both authors are in the same league.

Regards
    DL

22. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

So you compare the ravings of Hitler to a science study? That's odd.

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

"Read a study once that concluded babies are psycho's."

No worthy scientific study would conclude that babies are psychos.

Regards
    DL