Is Gender Orientation biological?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Buddha1, Dec 26, 2005.

?

Do you think Gender orientation is biological or psychological?

1. Gender orientation is Biological

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Gender orientation is pscyhological

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I don't know and I'd like to find out

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Sexual orientation cannot be biological because it can be changed with simple will power.

I have never had any pressure in my life. Just because my body is male doesn't mean that I am male. I am neither male nor female.

There is no biological femininity or masculinity, such things are created because we identify ourselves with our body. It is all in the mind.

Of course it isn't.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

You mean destroyed with simple power. This power consists of religious bigotry and hatred.

- On what basis do you say that?[/QUOTE]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Where on earth do you live?

I wonder if being genderless, or rather being of neutral gender is also a gender orientation. Just like being 'asexual' is?

Giambatista, can you relate to this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

No. I mean that if you're a heterosexual male for example, you can start liking guys with will power, or if you're homosexual you can like girls if you just try. Just think about them sexually. So sexuality isn't biological, it's determined by the mind, but not consciously (although it CAN be chosen consciously)

More people are heterosexual because people identify themselves with their body so they feel like they lack what they think is their "other side", or complementary half.

I don't live on earth, I live in 'heaven' (mind), in myself.

Of course it isn't, genders are just illusions. No one really has a gender, everyone is the "self". People only think they have a gender because they identify themselves with their body!

People also develop a "personality" because of this. In reality, we're all impersonal. Personalities aren't "real". The self has no personality because it has them all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  8. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I know that. I have always maintained that people have the power to be attracted by both men and women. But I think both have different purposes in our lives. And many people are exclusively attracted to one of the sexes and/ or genders.

The society often distances humans from their capacity to love one of the genders --- mostly same-sex but not always. I know some men who always thought they were attracted only to men, but in workshops came into touch with their sexual feelings for women. They had been psychologically obsessed with their sexual feelings for men only because of their 'homosexual' identity and because it is something that the society suppresses --- thus fixating the mind of men on it.

I don't agree. This applies to feminine gendered males only. For masculine gendered men it's the other way round (i.e. their same-sex attractions are part of their masculinity, while their opposite-sex attractions put them in touch with their femininity (heterosexuality is queer!)).

Although it becomes complex when 'social masculinity' comes in and then everything changes.

In short, Men who are really in touch with their other (femininine half) tend to be naturally 'heterosexual'. And they have little use for the power that heterosexuality brings. They're there only for the real thing.

Did you always live there, even as a teenager? Or only when you became mature enough?

You are not completely right there. Take the case of transexuals (which I think are not the only cases, just extreme ones). They have male body but still they identify with the female ones. Ditto with homosexuals (the real, fem ones), and real 'heterosexuals' although to a lesser degree.

But sometimes, it does seem that we would often exist as genderless, if it weren't for the society. For when I'm sitting all by myself, eating or sleeping, I'm not really a man or woman. I feel no gender. It is only when I'm relating with the others that gender becomes important. But that in itself is not complete evidence that gender does not exist.

9. Anomalous Banned Banned

There is no such things as outer and inner.

[homophobic comments deleted]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  10. Anomalous Banned Banned

Personal threat deleted by moderator. Further threats will result in your banning.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Not too easy to answer, I'm afraid. I thought you knew EVERYTHING relating to gender orientation!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Biologically I may be male, but I have personality characteristics of both. Or maybe more accurately, a blend. Sometimes one side or the other stands out more than others, but I do tend to see myself as more neutral than anything.

I've actually asked other people what they think about my personality as far as gender-specific traits are concerned.

The actual response was something like "You don't act like you're gay (femme)"!

I also know I don't act overtly like a man. I really just do what feels natural to me.

12. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

There is another cancer in this world and its Islamic militancy. What are you going to do about it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Are you sure he's really an Islamic militant? Maybe he's just confused.

14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Though I really want to know, what changes if a person accepts their genetic disability? What changes do they make in their daily routines? Do they simply acknowledge it and get on with their lives?

Is poor spelling and grammar a genetic disability?

15. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

No I've gone through his history. I took him for a Buddhist monk, for he talked about Nirvana and all. I should have known because he was praising Iran and its atrocities.

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I must admit I don't understand or know a whole lot about Buddhism, but his idea of Nirvana must be pretty unorthodox!

17. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Perhaps that's the best state to be in. But if gender orienatition is real (which it seems to be) then it would help for you to know what your natural gender status is.

For one thing, it will tell you a lot about yourself, that the society has hidden from you. It will help you to end your isolation by deciding on the group/ gender/ sex that you really relate with.

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

If you asked me to make a choice on whether I fit in with men or women better, I don't think I could make the right choice. If I choose either, it would be wrong. I enjoy the company of women, and the company of men. For different reasons. I feel I fit in with both of them, and neither of them!

Is there no such thing as a completely neutral gender? Certainly I am male biologically, but as transexuals genuinely demonstrate, what is on the outside is not always as important as what is on the inside.

How many transexuals are male? Approximately. They start out male but desire to be female? I have heard that men are more likely to want to change their sex.

How is this connected with the ratio of men to women who are attracted to their own gender? Is it connected?

19. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

No, the mind has no gender or sexual orientation. Everyone can be manipulated to like either gender. The only real "gender" is the outer physical appearance, and from that, the mind creates an inner gender and sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation can be changed by thinking sexually about the sex you're not attracted to.

We like what we want to become. Sexual desire stems from a feeling of deficiency, from the search for a complementary half which we lack, without which we feel alone and forsaken. If, however, we have found everything in ourselves, if we are a whole, what more do we require? What can we lack?

Does a man lack a man? No. If a man IS a man, he doesn't lack them, so he couldn't like them. But if he's only a man, he's still just half of the truth.

But just because the body is male doesn't mean that YOU are. And just because you THINK you are a man, doesn't mean that you ARE. We don't think about what we are, we ARE what we are. What we think about, we are not. Thinking is a process to become what we think, to unite.

Take 2 magnets and try to unite the "positive" pole with the other "positive" pole. They don't want to, because they ARE positive. They want to remain what they are, they don't want to be destroyed. Now put the "negative" and "positive" together and they will like each other, because they "feel" they lack the other side, although in reality, they have both sides in them, just like we humans do!

I have never been a teenager and I have never become mature. I don't have an age, because I have always existed. Only a body needs to have an age, but I'm not a body, I'm the user of bodies.

You never understood what I was talking about when I said that the mind is neither male nor female. That's the reason why men can like men and men can feel like they are women etc.

I'm currently in a male body, but why would "I" be a male, just because my body is? Don't be ridiculous! Only if I identify myself with my body, I would reflect the external form in my inner mental form.

Inner gender is a consequence of physical appearances. If inner gender was real, you could never feel genderless. Look at small children, they have no gender or sexual orientation, they're all alike. Children are true. You are not a body, you are the mind which is both male and female which means that it is neither male or female. Men should become more like women (soft, emotional) and women should become more like men (hard, tough).

You know the characteristics of male and female bodies. If people think they are their body, they reflect it in their mind and personalities. We know that the female body is "soft" and softness becomes "emotional" when converted into a mental form. The same way as love would become red if converted to a color, or if converted into an element, it would become fire.

20. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

There is no basis to assume that love happens because we lack something. I think you can only love when you are sure about yourself.

And about seeking the opposite of what one has, again human beings are not magnets. And the same principles definitely don't apply here.

It has been amply proved through a scientific study that when people want to bond with another --- whether as a friend or as a mate, they go for likes. In other words, opposites don't attract --- that's a lie being circulated by the society for a long time. The study says LIKES ATTRACT. There is a huge body of research suggesting this according to the news report ABC News: Do opposites attract? Not according to Gene Researchers

It is also in tandem with ancient wisdom. As per the Greek mythology, When Zeus got angry he divided gods into two. The male god became two males, the female became two females and the hermaphrodite became a man and a woman. Then he relented and sent them to earth as humans, where each half would seek his other half. Thus the humanised forms of male gods started seeking another male (their other half), women started seeking another woman for love, and the humanised form of the hermaphrodite god started seeking male-female sex.

???

How about when I feel I'm a man?

Apparently, when humans love they don't behave like magnets. And I can get you seveeeeral proofs on this. But I guess, the study is enough.

21. Cross Registered Senior Member

I wasn't raised like a girl, but I actually knew a boy when I was young who was being raised "girly". I think about it sometimes, of how bizarr it was. I didn't notice it so much then.

There was this boy, only child, who lived behind me as a kid who's every toy was made for girls. I swear. His parents would only buy him toys meant for girls. My other freinds and I didn't think it so odd he had these toys, only that it was all he was allowed to have. That was bizar. Then he was also not allowed to leave his property, or go out in his front yard even. His parents restricted him to inside the house and their fenced in back yard. He was sort of treated like a family dog in this regard. We felt sorry for him.

We liked him and hung out with him, but were reluctant to visit alot because we always had trouble leaving. He was so desparate all the time, we used to have to trick him and tell him we were going to get candy or something and we'd be back. Other times we'd just suddenly make a break for it and jump the fence (when we were playing in his back yard) and he'd chase us like a dog and grab our legs and stuff to keep us there.

But yeah, we'd go over and play with his Barbies and stuff. He had a remote control Barbie Dream car, which was cool. Any remote control car was cool. No one cared it was pink. All his toys were pink.

I'm not trying to disprove your point, Buddha. I think it enforces it. The parents had to cloister their son in order to deliberately try and raise him "girly". He could barley even have friends.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  22. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Apparently, ancients knew this all along. It was the post Christian era when the major civilisations of the world (probably influenced by each other), sought to change this 'natural phenomenon' with exceptions to the rule by forcing them upon people.

So basically what you're saying about opposites attract, is a lie propagated by the society.

23. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Most of what you are saying is getting over my head, because its purely at a spiritual level. But still I can see that it is wrong, because it is wrong at the physical level.

How do you explain that some males see themselves as males and others do not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.