Iraqi Arab Jews

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Aug 31, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah I bet they do

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I would think they would have come in sometime after the British established their Sunni Puppet leader. Not sure how much influence Egyptians had with the Regent Abdullah, but the Kurdish leaders who came after him would not have entertained them

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. earth Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats a rather vague statement. And no source reference.

I'll look into it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. earth Registered Senior Member

Alternatively, historian Moshe Gat argues that there was little direct connection between the bombings and the exodus of Jewish refugees. Gat questions the guilt of the alleged Jewish bombthrowers who were found guilty in an Iraqi court of having perpetrated one of the bombings. He cites a rumour that a Christian Iraqi army officer "known for his anti-Jewish views", was initially arrested for the crime, but was evidently not charged despite the large number of explosive materials matching those used in an earlier synagogue bombing that were allegedly found in his home. He further cites a long history of anti-Jewish bomb-throwing incidents in Iraq.

Israeli officials of the time and in particular Mordechai Ben Porat and Shlomo Hillel, prominent figures at the Iraqi Zionist underground, vehemently deny the charges. An internal investigation conducted in Israel in 1960 found no proof of an order to execute such an attack. More possible responsible parties have been suggested, such as the Iraqi CID and the Muslim Brotherhood.....This excerpt was taken from one of my previous posts.

Israelis suspicions of either the Iraqi CID and or the Muslim Brotherhood were responsible for the bombing is still valid and can’t be discounted just because the brotherhood’s official branch was formed in 1960.

Another suspect....A rumour that a Christian Iraqi army officer "known for his anti-Jewish views", was initially arrested for the crime, but was evidently not charged despite the large number of explosive materials matching those used in an earlier synagogue bombing that were allegedly found in his home.

Naeim Giladi's claim jews were killing jews doesn't standup under scrutiny.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And what was the name of this Christian Iraqi army officer? And a name of any one Muslim brotherhood member in Iraq at the time?

9. earth Registered Senior Member

You rant about Israel and its time you re-evaluate.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

11. earth Registered Senior Member

I'm about done here.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I asked for evidence for your assertions, as I gave for every one of mine.

I searched too and came up blank. Can't find any record, even a blogpost of a Chritistian Iraqi army officer who was found with explosives in his keeping.

What I did find was a report of the British Irgun setup

So we have names, places and actual people vs vague allegations.

Yeah me too

13. earth Registered Senior Member

That excerpt from the British report is example of a covert operation that failed. We know Raziel was killed by a German bomb while in Iraq.

The need now is peace and stability in the Middle East.

14. earth Registered Senior Member

I really believe if it wasn't for al Qaeda the U.S. wouldn't be in Iraq at this late date, instead Iraq would be on their own by now. The truth is it cost to much money these days to make war.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We know that the Irgun says Raziel was killed by a German bomb. I find it very strange that a bomb thrown from a aircraft onto the top of a car, takes off the top of the car, the head of one guy and both legs of another but leaves two other people in the car unhurt/

And we have no idea what the two survivors did after or what the "other British maneouvers" were for which they needed the Irgun distraction. Or did the British just leave their citizens as hostage, in Iraq?

Well it won't happen as long as there are resources there that others need.

16. earth Registered Senior Member

SAM,
    Everything is going green thinking and the technologies to make it happen are in the works. I really don't know what the Middle East countries are going to do say in 20 years from now when nobody wants the oil. The Middle East leaders should make friends now because they are going to need them in the future.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't know what the dictators will say, but the people will thank God.

18. earth Registered Senior Member

Surely the people will but that won't fill their stomachs.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And oil does? Not really. You can't eat it, you can't drink it and its caused them 80 years of dictatorship, occupation, grief and regression. All the Arab lands are much worse off now at social level than they were in the 1920s.

20. earth Registered Senior Member

The oil that is sold to other countries brings in revenues keeping the Middle East countries economies afloat. Right now those revenues is what the folks in the Middle East are using to feed themselves.

Less demand for oil will cause the price for a barrel of oil to drop. I can envision oil under $10 a barrel in a few years. We will see unrest in the Middle East like never before when that happens.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Because they know it's Pawestinian Season?

Or is there a reason more subtle, that you don't care about?