Iraq Veterans vulnerable to commit suicide

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by wanneszinnig, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and I think that's fine. But the company clerks and the supply clerks who type up all of the company paperwork does NOT go out on patrol .....and thus is highly unlikely to get zapped. Training has nothing to do with it ...one can be trained to be a fighter, but if he's never out in the fight,...?

Baron Max

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wanneszinnig God doesn't work 2day Registered Senior Member

So your conclusio nis the more people do something the easier it is....

And by the way: 'thousands' is a relative small number if you know there are 6billion of us.

Maybe you should reconsider your last quote...

and yes there were maybe even 5 murderers in my town...out of a population of half a million....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, the more people who kill other people proves that killing isn't nearly as traumatic as mamby-pamby, doo-gooder, bleeding-heart liberals make it out to be.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. maxg Registered Senior Member

No it just might mean that there are lot of traumatized people running around.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And how long would you like to keep up this little game of "might", "maybe", "could be", "should be", .......?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

killing someone for the most part fucks people up mentally it is a minority that it doesn't

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Do you have any evidence for that assertion, or are you just repeating liberal, doo-gooder bullshit opinions that you've read or heard?

Baron Max

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Isn't this actually a bit of a mixed blessing inasmuch as many of those would have died in WWII and Vietnam?

• • •​

The even darker side of this is that the Army, at least, may be abandoning these soldiers in the long run. NPR reported Thursday:

What is troubling, according to some, is the implication of a conflict of interest. In discharging people for "personality disorders", the Army may simply be abandoning these soldiers in order to not pay disability claims.

Zwerdling's report runs just under five minutes, and is well worth your time. I promise.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i have talked to people who fought in war and also i perviously provided evidence. instead of being an asshole why don't you read all the posts

13. maxg Registered Senior Member

See I use "might" because I don't know the answer. You don't either but still insist you do. I think your game is stupider.

BTW, I could provide evidence to support my statement (e.g., rates of PTSD and depression are higher among combat vets than among the general population or among vets who didn't serve in combat). Won't bother since I know from past experience you won't even bother looking at the research.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The sad part is it didn't have to be this way. Iraq descended into chaos because the early planning for an occupation on the part of the State Department was entirely ignored in favor of Rumsfeld's "plan"- secure the Iraqi oil ministry only. Being a part of a successful transition to civil government would have given any soldier a feeling accomplishment. Being a part of what actually happened could rob the strongest person of the will to live.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Coulda', woulda', shoulda' ....solves nothing, but only brings up more arguments ....that also solve nothing.

Baron Max

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Uh-huh,
    So where is the proof that more vets commit suicide than have died in battle??

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, it points to the very heart of the problem. Why did the invasion and occupation begin so well, then go so badly? What led to the kind of conditions that now weigh so heavily on our troops? When you start to investigate this, you realize that the most basic aspects of transitioning Iraq to civil rule were ignored. That could be a valuable lesson if we ever decide to do something like this again. The chaos we are now a part of was far from inevitable. If we want to move forward, we must realize what led to the present situation.

18. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Too few Monday morning armchair quarterbacking experts actually signed up at the beginning to show us all how it should be done from the gitgo?

Just saying.

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The most disasterous decisions were made by a small group of senior Pentagon civilians with no military or reconstruction experience. Disbanding the Iraqi army was opposed by most military commanders and experts when they learned of it. Their own expert's advice including detailed State Department plans for reconstruction were ignored. Rumsfeld even ridiculed the looting of Iraq's national treasures. How could anyone not forsee the problem of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi soldiers unemployed, unable to support their families, armed and under no no one's command, with a knowledge of the location of ammo dumps and explosives no one was guarding?

If one wanted to create the worst possible situation for our troops, they could not have done much better. I think they would rather have a private army anyway.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, that was exactly what we did in Germany and Japan ....and it worked out quite well. Yet here you are, saying that it's a bad thing and won't work?

A little Monday Morning Quarterbacking, huh, Spider?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

do you try to be a troll or does it just come natruelly

23. wanneszinnig God doesn't work 2day Registered Senior Member

Are your conclusions perhaps waring the label: made in china?
    Cause they realy suck!

The thousands of people that are killing proves that a lot of people have forgotten how to deal with problems not that killing is a traumatic experience.You are focussing on the wrong subject here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.