Iran trys to get holland to ban dutch mp's film about the "violence provoking koran"

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

I've been doing that for the last thirty minutes. Time to do something more constructive.

G'night!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Maybe not in the west, but it would be big news in thailand, but i have lived here for 9 years & never heard about it through marvin gayes grapevine, i also have not heard about it on the jungle drums on either the thai or burmese side of the border , but obviously you living in india, burma's best pal & fuck buddy you would be privvy to such reliable news reports.

"persecutes minority Muslims"

How about change that to muslims "persecutes minority christians" in indonesia

or muslims "persecutes majority catholics in phillipines"

or muslims "persecutes majority buddists in thailand"
    (nearly 3000 murdered in in 2 years)

Persecution really is a nast thing sam is you ever here of muslims being persecuted let me know?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, thanks SAM, so sweet. But why the parting shot? Ahh yes see #1.

No the possibility can not exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

One is made of marble and one is made of paper. Two material items easily replaced.

Correction, the statues, unfortunately, were priceless and irreplaceable.

However, a copy of the Quran is printed every 30 seconds.

I would call your example a classic case of comparing apples and oranges in terms of material value. Silly in the extreme.

India Caste=Taliban

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You are a fool. Michaels analogy was dead on. Your analogy makes no sense. You are comparing the mental state of people with faith. :shrug:

Congratulations! :bravo:
    :roflmao:

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Q knock off the personal atacks. Your not a mod anymore so (as far as i know) i can deal with you if i have to

This is your offical warning

10. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=77720&page=11
    And with the many people flocking from the West to the East they must be doing something right as well!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I couldn’t care less what you say about Islam or the Prophet. But Wilders is a nazi who also happens to be part of the government. That is what is bothering me. That someone who has that kind of power is allowed to wilfully and on purpose burns the book which many consider the Word of God and hold sacred.
    Congrats, have a cookie
    Funny, how you take an example from Christian history and sneakily try to imply that that’s what the Muslims want to do.

Dont let the fact that it was the Christian community requesting the ban in the first place stop you. But piss on my head and youll wake up in a hospital.

Once again with the “you” as if i’m the one outside rioting and destroying property. Why do you chuck me in with people that do that? Have you ever seen me do that? Have you ever seen any Muslim that has posted on here do that? What the fuck gives you the right to chuck me in with those people then? Have you seen anyone on here condone those actions? Have you seen anyone on here applaud those actions? What the fuck is your problem then? Do you want to see me doing those things? Is it perhaps some sort of sick fantasy of yours which you try to play off on other Muslims?

Yes, they do. Rent-a-Mobs they’re called. And they have been condemned many a times.

Because, and i know there aren’t that many things in the US which are held “sacred” anymore, if you take something which people hold sacred and devote their entire lives to and they see a member of parliament completely tear it up and burn it and spread lies and hatred about it and them, they are going to be outraged. See, I said outraged.
    That is such a wrong comparison I don’t know where to start. Muslims respect Jesus first of all. Any differences between Islam and Christianity are fought purely with words. No Muslim engaging in such a debate with a Christian will deliberately burn the Bible or piss on a Jesus picture or statue “just to get the other party thinking”. An inherently flawed argument.

Strange I’ve never seen you actively fight against the banning of the movie Susan and God in Australia. Or Of Mice and Men. Or The Beast in Heat or Final Exit. Surely you must be outraged about your precious freedom of speech being attacked by the banning of those. Or the banning of Different From The Others in Germany. Or the banning of Mais ne nous délivrez pas du mal in France. Or the banning of Visions of Ecstasy in the UK. Strange that you’re so quiet over that. What’s that you say? That’s outside the US? Too far for you to care? I didn’t know freedom of speech had borders. Oh well, then I want to see you fight for the unbanning of Frankenstein some US state. Or maybe Pinky. Maybe movies aren’t your thing. Well then, no worries! You can fight for the unbanning of Tenderness which is banned in some U.S. schools and libraries. Or The Anarchist Cookbook? Or what about Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret which is banned in some American schools and libraries due to discussing puberty. Or what about Angaray,banned in 1936 by the British government Or The Catcher in the Rye?
    Or Fahrenheit 451, banned in some US schools for being interpreted as critical of state-sponsored censorship, go figure. Or Go Ask Alice, banned in many US states because it suggests the idea of anti-family and also banned because of its descriptions of drug-use and offensive language and concepts. Or what about the Harry Potter series, banned from many libraries of the United States and other countries for a number of reasons including teaching children "evil themes, witchcraft, demonic activity, murder, evil blood sacrifice, [and] spells", among others. Or Karlsson-on-the-Roof, banned in North America for subversive views on babysitters? Or what about The Kincora Scandal, banned in UK for alleging British cover up over Satanic Abuse. Or The Lorax, banned in parts of the US for being an allegorical political commentary. Or what about The Lasting Scar, banned from publication in the UK? Or The Peaceful Pill Handbook banned in Australia for political reasons. Or what about The Radsters, banned in Australia as deemed excessively 'turgid'. Or what about Rights of Man, banned in the UK and author charged with treason for supporting the French Revolution. Or what about Suicide mode d'emploi which was cause of a great scandal in France in the 1970's and the subject of a law edicted in the French parliament which forbids not only this book to be sold in France but any medium giving tips or recipes on the way to kill oneself. Or what about What my Mother Doesn't Know, banned in some school libraries for use of sexual content. Or what about Zweites Buch whose possession and sale is illegal in Germany and Austria because of Nazi content? Or what abou... You get the idea. There are many banned movies and books in the Western world. Why don’t you go and fight the good fight for freedom of speech on behalf of those and stop spouting your anti-Islamist agenda by being opportunistic about the comments made by someone in Iran to the Dutch government about a movie which isn’t even finished yet! Let alone banned!
    Good for you, have another cookie.
    Ah yes, blame it on religion. Easy isn’t it? Pathethic...

Who’s turned to violence? I dont see anyone rioting anywhere regarding this film. Maybe you know more than me so please tell me where are people rioting?

So because of the actions of a few, you will see it as representative of more than a billion, and growing, people, worldwide? I’ll let you find the logical fallacy in here yourself.
    We do? What do I spout into society every day? Pleas enlighten me...

And don’t let the fact that destroying those statues met with condemnation stop you...

Nope. Hes a nazi. As simple as that. And just as the BNP switched from anti-Semitism to, well anti-semitism (Arabs are semites as well you know), anti-Islamism would be more appropriate, just because it was “topical”, he has started targeting Muslims. It is a sad day that a person who wants to deprive people of their freedom of religion is a member of parliament in the government of a Western country. But alas, that is whats happened.
    There aren’t any intolerant concepts in it. It would surprise me if he would actually present verses which I and a whole lot of other Muslims have not soundly refuted by now. Hes just another plagiarist as it were, regurgitating the same old tired anti-Islamist arguments forwarded by the Christians when Islam was growing. And they have all been refuted, soundly.
    I was taught religious history, as was everyone else I know. Strange that you werent.
    BTW, have you read up on Abbas Ibn Firnas yet?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Arsalan,

I can't remember exactly - You do or do not think Mohammad was the Last Prophet?

RE: Abbas Ibn Firnas

Yes seems like an inventive person. I like these type of people - they remind me of me

I think I would have gotten along quite well with him. In today's day and age he'd just as likely be atheistic scientist - probably an engineer. It doesn't look like he wasted too much of his time being religious. Also, he grew up in Europe and had the advantage of living in a city where the various monotheisms were held in check. Lucky him

Michael

RE: banned films.
    I watched two banned films last year. One was from China and another from the USA.

I think we should all purposely go see this movie, or download it, and then make our comments on the material presented.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Also, Arsalan, if I remember correctly, you seem to take an unorthodox view of Islam - is this correct?

13. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

I dont believe he is the last ever prophet. I believe there can be Prophets after him. Aisha herself, one of the greatest Islamic scholars of all time, also said that Muslim shouldnt say he is the last prophet.

Yes, he grew up in a Muslim city, from Muslim parents and blabla and did a thing which i was quite stunned by

Namely trying to fly. He was also quite succesful in that. Nice guy. And just another example of what Muslims did.

Ya, my point was theres lots of banned movies and stuff. We shouldnt get too carried away by this being banned or not. If its banned people will download it. YOu cant rly ban anything nowadays. But ya, I will watch it and then post my refutations to anyone who wants to listen. Ive already had some friends email from Holland who said they wanted to hear what I had to say about the movie

14. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

I consider myself an orthodox Muslim. Tbh, i dont care much for labels like that. But if people ask me i say fundamentalist, orthodox etc.

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm surprised because that is most certainly not a common attitude among Muslims I know. BUT it's step in the right direction

I don't know if you've ever read anything about Baha'i but that's a very clever religion. Instead of a new Prophet they started with a new Adam. Neat idea and it totally circumvents the no new Last Prophet.

However, you seem to have done the same.

That's true. I'd like to point out Spain was pretty progressive though. My standing is not that Muslims didn't invent anything but that monotheism or orthodoxies of any beleif stunts development. So it's not surprising that Muslims WAY WAY WAY over in Europe were often much more advanced than those in the center of the ME.

So it seems to me anyway.

One reason why polytheistic societies are so progressive is because they have a sort of inbuilt tolerance to other people's Gods and ideas about Gods. After all - there's lot of them. Buddhist's in my mind seem to have a similar sort of approach in that anyone can become a Buddha, regardless of religion. hence Jesus is seen by Buddhists as well on his way to becoming a Buddha (or maybe he was already?).

Let me ask you this:
    Is it possible that you may be wrong? That I may be correct? I'm not asking what you believe. I'm asking what is possible.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You just said you didn't care. Obviously, you do care and you're as pissed off as the rest of the Muslims. It's just a book, go buy another. They get printed every 30 seconds.

It happens all the time. No one gets killed, though. Only when Muslims get outraged do we see violence.

So, if Muslims aren't getting pissed of because of religion, what then?

A filmmaker has already been killed by a Muslim for making a film. What planet have you been on?

Muslims support the violence of those few, that has been made only too evident here.

Read on, Mcduff...

Nope. Hes a nazi. As simple as that. And just as the BNP switched from anti-Semitism to, well anti-semitism (Arabs are semites as well you know), anti-Islamism would be more appropriate, just because it was “topical”, he has started targeting Muslims. It is a sad day that a person who wants to deprive people of their freedom of religion is a member of parliament in the government of a Western country. But alas, that is whats happened.

There aren’t any intolerant concepts in it. It would surprise me if he would actually present verses which I and a whole lot of other Muslims have not soundly refuted by now. Hes just another plagiarist as it were, regurgitating the same old tired anti-Islamist arguments forwarded by the Christians when Islam was growing. And they have all been refuted, soundly.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Oh yes, I'm sure you're just itching to get me banned, aren't you?

Official warning? For calling Sam a fool? Yeah, I'm sure I'll get "fair" treatment.

:roflmao:

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well what would you expect from a gibbering, delusional idiot who has been brainwashed by a violent cult of pedophiles since birth and gets her ideals from recycled toilet paper. Duh?

I do believe you're jealous.

19. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, the art of posting without actually saying anything, bravo. Now if you would kindly address the points in my post instead of tow tipping around them and giving your opinion of me, maybe this debate could go on.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I addressed your fallacious argument above.

21. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

If you had read what I said, i said i couldnt care less what YOU think. But if a member of parliament does this stuff then ye i do care. Understand now? jeezz

There are many riots in the world where people get killed Its common. And there are also peaceful Muslim protests. Ofcourse you wont ever have seen one.

Because a member of parliament wants to deprive people of the freedom of religion.

Im talking about this movie. No about Van Gogh. And if were going to talk about murders of anti-Islamists, why dont we talk about Volkert van der graaf? Oh ya, he wasnt a Muslim so its not as bad

Who is supporting violence?

Ah so thats teh shit i spout into society everyday? Well then, please label all your posts and your opinion as shit as well

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

why in gods name would i be itching to get YOU banned?????

Hell i hardly ever even interact with you so why would i care???????

Edit to add, if you and sam want to fight it out go ahead. I will even make a specific thread for you and delete everyone elses posts

However if your going to clutter everyother thread with personal atacks against eachother why would i not treat you like everyone else????????

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

As will he who started the fight. Provocation/instigation

The more patriotic of your nation would disagree.