Iran seizes 15 British troops in Persian Gulf

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mr.Spock, Mar 23, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So now you're resorting to the demonization of your perceived class-opponent in order to justify Iranian oil-driven fascism. Dehumanizing the Baluchis will not excuse your blood-soaked Iranian oil machine. What does the aridity of their chosen environment have to do with this argument? More cultural supremacism. Today the Baluchis, tomorrow the Kurds.

The first act of any colonialist is to justify their colonialism.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sorry we have to disagree here; I am familiar with the Balochis and the Iranians and I frankly would discourage any formation of Balochistan on the sole basis of the effect on women and the education of children.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Duh! It's the government that's responsible for the underdevelopment! Probably motivated by tin-cup capitalists in New Dehli, eagerly sucking at the teat of the sickly prolitarian cow of the undeveloped zones. And what has this to do with the heroic and oppressed Baluchi peasantry struggling heroically against the occupying Iranian army? Bugger all, that's what. :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So your "familiarity" with the Balochis leads you to conclude that they are -what? too stupid to form a revolutionary government? More colonialist rhetoric, coupled with argument from false authority.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Rather a familiarity with the more extreme forms of Islamist politics.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

A pity. Iran should have made the British sweat for a little longer.

11. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Sounds familiar...

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That's the point, Ghost - that it's one rule for the infidel Amerikee in Iraq, and another entirely for the Iranians in Baluchistan, and the Turks and Iraqis in Kurdistan. Strangely enough, some of the posters on here seem to accept that rule implicitly. I'm curious as to why.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I saw a guy on the news yesterday who predicted this would happen any day now. He said the whole purpose of this episode was to test our/the Brits resolve. We failed the test,

Iran now knows it can do whatever the fuck it wants and the only consequence will be ......nothing.

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

I'm under the impression that they released the prisoners because of fear from a military response.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Isn't it odd that the Iranian's have not even attempted to take any American soldiers/sailors hostage? There is a very good reason why, and it certainly isn't because we haven't crossed their "borders".

Great, the British negotiated their release... I wonder what was given to Iran in exchange for their lives.

All I can say is, "Peace in our time."

~String

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Quote Churchill while you're at it.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Chamberlain.

18. world_events Registered Senior Member

Maybe they will lift the restrictions of march 28.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

I agree. I would have split them up and kept them for months.

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

That's no surprise.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What guy?

22. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear All,

Hows it going

Good news that the 15 british military personel have been released.

However it only seems now that the authorities are looking into the sort of questions i was asking on page 4 as above.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

23. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

That's the point, Ghost - that it's one rule for the infidel Amerikee in Iraq, and another entirely for the Iranians in Baluchistan, and the Turks and Iraqis in Kurdistan. Strangely enough, some of the posters on here seem to accept that rule implicitly. I'm curious as to why.

You’re basing this on a ‘Muslims’ perspective? Why does that matter so much to you?

I don’t know if you’re being serious though, I find it hard to believe especially since you’re always condemning Muslims and Islamic countries. I know you want Amrika to pull its troops out of Iraq, do you then want them sent into Iran? Is this some sort of game you’re playing? from where I’m sitting it seems like a load of tits and sloppy blowjobs. Northern Iraq is like a bomb waiting to explode, we have a nice mix of Kurds, Arabs and Turkomen. Turkey will never accept an independent Kurdish state and will most definitely send their army in if the Kurdish movement gathers steam. Not good for the region and not good for the Kurds.

Regarding Balochistan, ever heard of Jundullah?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jundallah

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/04/abc_news_exclus.html

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!