Introduction

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Ken Fabian, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Ken Fabian Registered Member

I like the forum style of discussion but need to break out of the regular haunts to get some different viewpoints and offer some of my own thoughts. Climate and energy issues are important ones I keep returning to. Other subjects of interest can be more about thought experiments and speculation, sometimes just for fun. I'll look around, get an idea of how participants like to do things.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Welcome!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Good to see you show up here. It's fairly quiet here, until one of the cranks bursts into life, but that's true of almost all science forums these days.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Welcome to SF!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. TheVat Registered Member

Hello Ken! I've really gotten a lot from your climate and energy postings over at the dot net place. I'm over here for similar reasons.

9. Ken Fabian Registered Member

Thanks. It does seem like this form of discussion is in decline and I think that is unfortunate. I visit some bloggers/substackers too but not sure I can afford a multitude of paid subscriptions for the latter. As subjects of interest to me come up I'll probably start contributing.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Im not a fan of Reddit, but that site has many spirited scientific discussions. The format isn’t appealing to me.

11. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

I'm not keen either.

wegs likes this.