Interstellar Communication

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by kmguru, Jul 13, 2001.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Oh wait... I get it. You are equating the RC time constant in exponential functions directly to time? Is that it?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

HUMMM... AS I THOUGHT... anyway...

its a well known formula.... i didnt invent it... and if you knew electronics.. you would know what it means....

a small capacity.. as would exist between a space ship and a satalite at earth...

with small resistances in play.. would allow for the faster than light communication, which the thread starter was seeking...

what is subspace.? or wormholes..? if not one dimesional passageways??

and what is a line of electric flux?? a line of force???

a one dimensional line of force.......

we all ready have the means... we just dont know how to use it.

im just pointing the way.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Hmmm... I suppose then that after 21 years as an electronics design engineer I know exactly what the RC time constant represents in the exponential describing the time domain response of an RC circuit, and that your statements below are...

...complete and utter nonsense. I'm just trying to prevent rampant pseudoscience and ignorance.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

I agree. I, too, have done a fair amount of work with RC circuits as well as tank (LC) circuits in filters and other applications.

This MT guy realy doesn't have a single clue as to what he's talking about. It's pure garbage through and through.

(P.S. Ignorance can be a wonderful thing for people like that. It allows them to think they know something when they actually know nothing at all. And everything would be fine - it they just kept it to themselves.)

8. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

MT seems typical of someone who wants certain things to be true or possible and uses scientific jargon (incorrectly) to support their hopes and "theories". The capacitance and resistance between ships in space somehow allowing FTL sounds cool, until you run into people who actually know what these quantities really mean.

9. DaleSpam TANSTAAFL Registered Senior Member

Hi MT, When I took my first linear circuits course the lumped-circuit assumptions were covered on day one. Somehow I don't think an interstellar circuit counts as "small". Plus, reducing the impedance of free space is going to be somewhat challenging. But good luck anyway!

-Dale

10. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

i didnt say it works... and it is morons such as superluminal that likes to make statements about others in order for himself to seem larger.

it requires a completely new form of technology... technology where in we have the means to modulate the voltage of specific individual lines of force..

something we cannot do, not at this time.

people can say what they like.. i am not so insecure that i am afraid to propose things which i know full well dont work... but i know why... and so it is a matter of overcoming that which is apposing us...

morons like superluminal, would rest on whatever degrees they have and tell the 'wright' brothers that they cant fly.. and or tell 'nasa' that getting to the moon is ridiculous..

its sad really...

im just sharing ideas for your consideration... and mental enjoyment.

superluminal seems to think this is a contest... and as if he can win..

so sad.

-MT

11. Anomalous Banned Banned

superluminal should watch the movie "Around the world in 80 days"

12. Anomalous Banned Banned

Clearly stated but they cant see,

all they want to prove is that the things they wasted studying all their life was worth enough for considering them as the best to be reproduced with.

13. Light Registered Senior Member

Insecurity has nothing to do with it. You are simply fantasizing and using terms that apparently you don't even understand. To "...modulate the voltage of specific individual lines of force.." is pure nonsense. Perhaps a phrase you picked up from some work of fiction? It sure isn't a scientific concept even in the least.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

MT, Anom,

You guys make me laugh. It's people like myself who were the Wright brothers, and NASA engineers, and the people who still make the findings of science into reality! If interstellar flight is ever to be a reality, it's practical, intelligent scientists and engineers who will make it happen. Not jibbering fools who go on about "modulating the voltage of specific individual lines of force.." without a clue as to what that might even mean. If you're just a layperson fiddling with ideas, say so. I encourage that. But don't try to come off as a sage of the impending development of FTL by talking about field lines and voltage modulation.

Try learning a bit about what your describing before yammering about it.

15. Light Registered Senior Member

Good advice!!

And it just points out that there are more fools around than there are truly intelligent people. Guys like that are the very ones that claim an education actually stands in the way of progress. Most likely, that's because they were too lazy to get one themselves.

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I just don't get the whole anti-science thing. It's the fucking magic wand of the modern world. People have no concept of what it's done for them. Do they understand how they would be living their (very short and generally miserable) lives without it? Clearly not. Welcome to 15th century England. Have fun!

People fear what they don't understand, even if it benefits them. Savages.

17. Light Registered Senior Member

Well, I think the anti-science thing is pretty simple, really. Again, it comes from those who were too lazy to get a decent education (and from those too young to have completed one). To all of that group science [B]IS[/B] pure magic. As you say, they don't understand it - and actually don't want to because it takes too much personal effort to study and attempt to reason rationally. Long ago it was said that "ignorance is bliss" and I cannot help but think that statement was intended to describe this particular group of know-nothings.

I also believe they actually enjoy their ignorance because it relieves them of any responsibility and allows them to spout any nonsense that pops into their tiny little minds. It also lets them ignore real facts without feeling the slightest bit of remorse. To condense the whole thing down into two common words, "they're loosers."

18. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

AMAZING... seriously... please continue... if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves...

so sad.

-MT

19. Light Registered Senior Member

There's nothing amazing about it. And it is in no way intended to make the educated "feel better about themselves." What is sad is stupidity for it's own sake.

20. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Just You Right?

-mt

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

what is this? individual lines of force?
    these "lines" do not exist in reality.
    they are a graphical representation to help people better understand the subject matter

time=rc? no mosheh. impedence=rc. it also=lc

maybe you are thinking that it takes time to charge a capacitor?

22. Light Registered Senior Member

Sorry, but that's not enough of a question to get an answer. Want to try again a little harder, maybe?

23. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

it does take time to charge a capacitor..

t = cr... tells you how long it takes to charge 70% of it.

and if the lines do not exist... then please tell us what electric field is..

please...

tell us what holds the electron to the proton... and why.

-MT