Intelligence and Survival

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Aug 12, 2007.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh, I didn't say I agreed with that or all the "lost" arms - but why do the extremists have to use them? Why do you think it's the Baathists? They haven't had nothing to say or do for 20 years.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, got used to being minority leaders I guess. Or do you think its a coincidence that half of the insurgents are Saudis?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL What do suicide bombers have to do with survival of the fittest ??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Unless you mean that this way all the dumb idiots blow themselves up, leaving the intelligent people behind..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I thought it was mostly a revolution of oppressed Iraqi dissidents against their colonialist masters. OK, I'm confused: who are these bad guys?

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

You know, I do wonder how overtly the Bush administration meant this war to be one of plunder. Motivations have to go beyond "we want the oil in the region" or "let's invade and set up a Quisling government." I think there's some additional aim to destabilize the region.

Fixed that for you.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup there is. The economy and future of the US.

http://www.theglobalist.com/DBWeb/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=3193

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sunni insurgents, who are against the Shia government, and are supported by Saudi Arabia and armed by US troops.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You come from an individualistic society, so the concept of sacrifice is probably unknown to you. An army protects the country; soldiers die.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I understand, but what does it have to do with survival of the fittest ?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just watch the American economy collapse and you'll get it. :shrug:

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, you said: "The little guy should be able to fight back, when he is outnumbered and out weaponed. Survival of the fittest, et al."

This means you are saying that survival of the fittest somehow has something to do with suicide-bombers. How ?

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Easy ....Sam hates the USA, and loves Muslim suicide bombers. Whenever it's possible, Sam fits those two things into any and all threads without regard to how it might fit with the subject being discussed.

Baron Max

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh!

And the Shia insurgents then are the good guys?

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sam thinks that "good guys" are anyone who fights and kills Americans and Israelis!

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Shia insurgents are supporting the Iraqi government. Why isn't the US supporting them?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

By the little guy, I mean the ones who are outmanned or outgunned. Does not apply solely to the suicide bombers, who are quite frankly never going to achieve anything.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, so you meant little guy like David in the David vs. Goliath anology ? Little country with limited means vs. big superpower ?
    I still dont see how terrorism ensures survival of the fittest. If anything it is going to push the world into oblivian.
    Neither side will ever give up.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

That's in poor taste. Even coming from you.

Enmos:
    Not sure of the connection myself - some sort of kin selection on a massive scale?
    We stopped the discussion about "altruistic" behaviours evolving.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily; the terrorists who fought the British in India helped to win our independence. The terrorists who decimated the native Americans and fought the British won themselves the US. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, but things are a bit different post-911 wouldnt you say ?
    Do you really think the US is ever going to give in to the terrorists ? The US will do anything to ensure its own survival, simply because they can. It will hurt them dearly but if they feel they must they can probably obliterate any country in the world. Hiding in temples and hospitals wont help anymore in that case.

The terrorists of today have a similar mindset; they will never give up, the stage has been set.
    Do you see any problems arising ? If things dont get resolved pretty quick now i suspect escalation (understatement) of the 'conflicts'.