Infinite Potential

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Write4U, Mar 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Your "black box" is entirely conceptual.
    In other words, you admit that the real world is not made of your black box mathematics. You disagree with Tegmark. You made that clear several posts ago.
    Word salad.
    Your newly-introduced "black box" is just another word for mathematical functions. Of course they yield predictable results. A mathematical function takes a mathematical input and produces a mathematical output.

"Causal energy" is just something you made up on the spot. It doesn't mean anything.

---
    By the way ... having watched the Khan academy video that introduced you to what an exponential function actually is, I expect you to accept that I was correct when I told you that the Fibonacci sequence is not an exponential function.

Please make sure that you acknowledge this in your next reply.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You don't say.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

If that is the level at which you analyze my posts, you will need to try a little harder.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Of course the Fibonacci Sequence IS NOT the Golden Ratio. That is why there are 2 definitions.

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/2981007/is-the-fibonacci-sequence-exponential

The ideal ratio of the Fibonacci sequence is Phi and as the numbers get bigger the ratio between numbers gets closer to Phi.

This is not anything to do with the ratio between numbers, but the limitation of "whole numbers". This is why in reality the Fibonacci sequence never attains the ideal but always approximates the ideal ratio.
    The same with all Platonic Solids. They are the idealized geometry of naturally occurring shapes.

And like the black box, platonic solids do not exist in reality but do try to form at the event coordinates.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No, I really won't need to. The contradiction stands on its own and is uncontested.

And here it is again:

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wait, what? Now they have intent?

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sighs.....
    No, under the circumstances, mathematically they cannot do other than what they do.

But because the Universe is a dynamic object, all mathematical functions are dependent on an everchanging environment that prevents ideal patterns to form, even if they exist as abstract idealizations.

This is why even cloned plants grow as an approximation of each other and the FS, why spiral galaxies are not exactly the same, and why planets are not perfectly round.
    They try, but when it comes to plants a single twig can cause a branch to grow differently from its genetic growth instructions.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Since this thread has ceased to be about David Bohm or the documentary about him titled Infinite Potential, it is closed.

Write4U's misunderstandings about what a function is in mathematics can be discussed elsewhere, if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.