Indian Atrocities

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by madanthonywayne, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

do you find them sexy?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That's true. America's transgressions are much worse.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wow.
    Can you imagine that. You're 15 years old and your just supposed to sit around and wait to die? Can you imagine the worry of a woman whose husband goes off to war? Should he die, you'll be ostracized. I wonder what happens to a young mother with children whose husband dies. Are they also expected to go away and die too? Or perhaps grandparents take care of them?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Permissible? Sure, you have every right to do that. But is it right? Is it the proper response? Comparing the US to a third world country to justify American policies that might rightly deserve criticism? What's the point? Again, it says nothing better than "we could be worse."

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Madant:

In the poorest of the poor, the parents usually have two choices: starvation and prostitution. Either the children starve to death, or are put to work. With the lack of work available, prostitution sometimes is the only option for survival.

The treatment of the widows usually reflects the lack of desire on the part of a family to support an additional mouth. If they could remove her, it would mean they could feed more to their kids. Its also the reasons why girls are married earlier, so the responsibility of feeding them can be transferred.

A quarter of the population lives on less than a dollar a day.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wow. So what's your opinion of campaigns against buying products made using child labor? Given the option of working or starving, I'd say such campaigns are counterproductive, to say the least.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Much of the child labour is parents and children working alongside, so its hard to judge them for trying to survive.

I think we first need to eliminate the poverty and ensure education, otherwise, we just leave them with grandiose notions of human rights, those are no good for a starving child.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

If you base your opinions on the posts in this forum, you'd think the US had the worst human rights record in the history of humanity. You say we shouldn't compare ourselves with a third world country? I'll bet there are plenty of people who think the US human rights record is worse than India's because you never hear squat about the horrific abuses there.

And I'm not saying India is particularly bad compared to the rest of the world. We just happen to have a prominent member of our forum that's from there.

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I agree 100%. (bet you never thought you'd hear me say that)

13. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Gustav is some sort of cataphract of love....I think

He's the one on the left.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually I would have been surprised if it was otherwise.

(You should not confuse my opinions of the country's policies with my opinion of individual Americans; one of my friends told me I have a big mouth and a sharp tongue, but she knows she can trust me to tell her whats what and still be on her side, that is the best description of me anyone has ever made

)

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No he's just a pretentious poseur.

16. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Bite your tongue!! No one can say so much with so little.

17. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

There are a couple of East iNDIANS in my school, all they do is play cricket and probably sleep wth each other. I doubt if they have an idea of the existance of this thread, I also doubt they will care.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

...er...apparently, yes.

Just not as far as the Afghanis are concerned, it seems.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Feel free to ignore the reason they are pouring over the border.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Or the gunfire they're receiving at the border!

Maybe, though, India's just moved up to a more moral plane that I'm just not able to understand. By shooting them, I mean.

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

madan:
    Ooooh, looks like I've started a trend!

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, we're trying to teach them democracy, a la NATO.

They're not shooting them for just crossing the border.

Many of the refugees who have been here for a decade, have been given citizenship; its hard to keep up with the messes the secularists keep dumping on our borders, with a quarter of our population living on less than a dollar.

And its not the first Afghan refugee crisis precipitated by the freedom lovers

23. mountainhare Banned Banned

By the way, folks, don't forget the Indians treatment of their indigenous people (the Advisasis).

http://www.pucl.org/Topics/Dalit-tribal/2003/adivasi.htm

And this is the kicker, folks:
    Looks like Westerners aren't the only folks who have a penchant for displacing indigenous populations!