Inconvenient History about the Democratic Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Woody1, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Click because it's probably more entertaining than the rest of this.

There are three parts, there:

(1) According to your profile, you are sixty-four years old; you lived through the end of the Democratic Party's time as a safe harbor for white supremacism, and apparently didn't notice.

(2) You won't respond to anyone as if you have a clue what they said; quite clearly, there are questions of open mind that you are, quite clearly, either unable or simply unwilling to deal with.

(3) Maybe for you it's some manner of sales job, but the rest of us don't have time for your dishonesty.​

Nobody in this thread called you stupid. You did that to yourself, Woody1, which kinda also makes you a liar.

And, you know, it's not like anyone is surprised at that turn, but, honestly—really—when insufficient literacy is your safety net, yeah, you're probably doing it wrong.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

The OP isn't about me. Why can't you address any of the points made therein?

Look who is doing ALL the name calling here.

See what I mean? Your people skills don't work.

That isn't something that an intelligent person would say, as much as you wish that it were so, and you aren't fooling anybody. Get a real job.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

Raunchy. Surely there is a better way of saying it. I'm glad it wasn't me. I shouldn't have to listen to this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Anyone feel like Woody1 actually manages to contribute a goddamn thing to SciForums... at all? Just curious...

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There aren't any points made therein.

There's some history familiar to anyone who made it through a standard high school curriculum, if anyone has the spare time and patience to sit through a video.

What was the point of it?

9. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Most of our revered founding fathers were slave owners, but why is that relevant to the conduct of today's variety of electorate and their leaders? I’m more interested in how the constituency of the current Republican Party could facilitate the election of an imbecile to the office of POTUS.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

You don't have to. Yet you do. You must like it.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

#nihil | #WhatTheyVotedFor

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Best advice is to not click. Second best advice is to not worry about incongruity.

There aren't any points made therein.

Like, duh.

12. Bells Staff Member

There were points made?!

Are they super secret points that no one else participating or reading this thread knows about?

You are the only one who took another poster's comments, quoted them out of context and then attempted to claim that they were personal insults, when they were not. The irony of your whine is that you called yourself stupid and then tried to blame other people for it.

You then went on a little spiel and trolled your own thread, when others attempted to correct you (how dare they, huh?) and educate you about your country's very known history and actually discuss the thread's topic:

Are you sure you want to comment at who it is doing the name calling here? Since, you know, it is you who is doing it?

He is stating the truth. You seem to be incapable of sticking to any subject matter without going off all over the place like a child on pure red cordial.

Considering you are the one who has shown absolute ignorance about your country's history, you then trolled and flamed it and you are essentially whining because someone actually strung more than 3 words together without images of memes, I really do not think you are in any position to be commenting on the intelligence of others.

13. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

I've also noticed that those who profess ignorance on these (and most) matters typically aren't exactly young'uns. Woody1 has indicated previously that he is at least in his late 40's, or beyond--how the fuck can you be on this planet for nearly half a century, or longer, and not know this shit?

Edit: Apologies. You just noted that Woody1 is 64. But really though, I can only assume that someone out there is buying this professed ignorance bullshit, lest they wouldn't bother with it, right? And yeah, I know, it's pretty much the definition of "tilting at windmills," but most people give up after a while, unless they're being paid.

Tiassa likes this.
  14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

It's a typical republican style game - pretend to be ignorant of that which is wrong with your plans and statements while professing you have "the best" plans.

Tiassa and joepistole like this.
  15. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

It's the futility that I don't get. I mean, I figure the working theory here is that the history of the Democratic Party isn't really news to Woody1 BUT, more pertinently, he also (likely) knows that this kinda crap isn't gonna fly here. Maybe on a trolling forum (4chan, etc.), or a forum for 12 year olds, but not somewhere where people at least have some grasp of history.

I've got an intellectual grasp of the various reasons people engage in futile exercise, and I've always thought that such would confer a more visceral understanding at some stage in my life. It hasn't happened yet. That said, I often have difficulty with accepting that people have different taste--in anything and everything--from my own, so...

(And, yeah, sure, what most perceive as utterly pointless might possibly yield microscopic gains in the furthering of an agenda. For all we know, Woody could be on his deathbed and making a last ditch effort to convince someone of... something. Maybe? Likewise, in the following:

Perhaps had Malcom Mooney asked just one more time, he might have found out whether or not they were, in fact, waiting for the streetcar. It's just that, in my example, it was totally worth it regardless.)

Tiassa likes this.
  16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

All you need to know is Republicans = good, Democrats = bad. Lincoln was a Republican, he freed the slaves, that's good. There were Democrats in the KKK, that's bad.

History ends there.

The first black President was a Democrat? "What? I was unaware."

Tiassa likes this.
  17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The implication Republicans are making here is that Blacks are just too stupid to know what's good for them. We've seen it time and time again from Republicans. The irony of the Republican base asserting anyone stupid is rich indeed. But they do it all the time. I regularly listen to Republican talk radio because if you understand Republican talk radio, you can understand where the Republican Party is going. Republican entertainment drives the party, and that's very dangerous and scary. That's how you get a Trump.

Tiassa likes this.
  18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Same to you. We know the history of civil rights in this country. The Republican Party is the current white nationalist party, and that's all that really matters. You can't taint current Democrats with the history of the Party, because they don't vote that way any more.

Tiassa likes this.
  19. billvon Valued Senior Member

Intentional ignorance. Many Republicans specialize in this.

"No one possibly could have known that Trump would turn out like this. It certainly wasn't our fault; there was just no way to know."

Tiassa likes this.
  20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

For some, at least, it's ego defense. But someone, somewhere must be buying it. I can think of sixty-two million nine hundred eighty-four thousand eight hundred twenty-five ... uh ... yeah, you know, ego defense; it's as good a reason to gobble it up as make it up.

21. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

I sometimes conveniently forget that. It happens when you live in the woods and very seldom see people anymore. But I also forget that lurkers vastly outnumber active participants all over the internets, and that's not something to be dismissed. (Somewhere out there someone is thinking that the whole secret Muslim thing was just misdirection, and that Obama is actually a secret Grand Wizard or something.)

A few years back there were a couple of posters here who overused the term "insane"--basically, all theists were insane to them. I'm always reluctant to use that term for describing individuals, but one could reasonably argue that some of the "arguments" used here (not just within this thread, of course--there's the "acid rain" and the thread on C02 levels) suggest defenses that fall more within the psychotic and pathological domains. I've engaged in forms of magical thinking throughout much of my life (think PK Dick-like and fascination/fear of simulacra), but even that is (arguably) a healthier response than this. (It also helps that I know that I do it.)

But then, one can never be sure as to what reflects a genuine conviction, and what is simply an adopted strategy based almost entirely upon being dishonest.