Inconsistent ban policy?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by funkstar, Dec 29, 2011.

1. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

I care about intellectual honesty and I point out dishonest or disingenuous (note the spelling) posts. If someone is misrepresenting the mainstream or saying demonstrably false things I'll point it out.

As for 'stalking' I know hacks like to think they intimidate or worry people and thus prompt lots of thoughts about them and replies but that really isn't the case. I see your name many times on the main page list and I don't even bother to look. Likewise with plenty of other hacks.

Sorry but you really aren't worth stalking. Explicitly physics related stuff then I'll take a look but because it's such a sure bet you'll have made a slew of mistakes but likely have presented yourself as knowledgeable.

So you'd rather be popular than honest? Interesting. As for behaviour, your tone is speaking for itself. Or how about your threats to cause trouble when you got banned? What does that say? Or how you spend years supposedly learning physics but you aren't going anywhere and you don't demonstrate any advance in working understanding?

Like I said, do you plan to be doing this when you're 45? Or do you plan to one day actually be honest and rational about your understanding and start doing physics properly? I have asked you multiple times if you ever actually plan to go into physics. You said, in regards to plagiarism accusations, that such an accusation could hinder future career plans of yours, so that would imply you intend to do into physics in some way. Do you think your behaviour, like threatening to cause trouble, would not reflect badly on you, if any future employer did look at these forums? Do you think you claiming to know some quantum mechanics but can't multiply out (a+ib)(a-ib) properly would not reflect poorly on you?

Given your propensity to throw your toys out of the pram when everyone isn't paying you complements (a behaviour others have noticed in you) I hardly think you need to worry about what I say about you, your actions speak for themselves, as demonstrated by other people's less than rosy view of you. Unless you think we're all communicating via PM and emails, like you seem to think I do with people like Rpenner and QH, despite having no evidence because it isn't true?

You complain about 'biased mods' and me supposedly communicating with others to somehow conspire against you, as there's a conspiracy against you. No, the problem is not others conspiring against you, it is your own actions. You are your own worst enemy, I don't have to conspire with anyone for similar attitudes to be invoked in others, you manage to invoke them perfectly well yourself. Now if you want to play populist and make yourself feel better because people like wlminex like OOB (out of box) thinking and have a dislike of the scientific method then delude yourself away. Just as a creationist putting on a white coat and saying "Most people agree with me" doesn't mean evolutionary biologists should keep quite you being (and I use this in the vaguest sense of the word) 'popular' among the most scientifically illiterate here doesn't make me bat an eyelid. You could convince entire forums you're knowledgeable but in the end you're not any closer to actually doing science, being a scientist, and you know that. As you said, actions say a lot, and your actions haven't changed over 4 or 5 years. I guess you do want to be right where you are when you're 45. So be it, it's no skin off my nose, James's nose, Funk's nose or anyone else here who actually does something with themselves. :shrug:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

I am very honest. In life my character builds my reputation and I have a wonderful reputation in real life. You think I honestly care about a forum, or what is said about me in it?

I have explained countless times, I don't care that you call me a hack, this or that. You don't know me, not really. All you know is this computer persona. You think you know me, but in actual fact you don't -- even with all the accusations they all add up to nothing, simply because I am a stranger to you. I could play, drink tea, act and perform rolly polly's in front of you and you still wouldn't know me from adam. You might even do a quick facebook search, but that still won't tell you all the relevent information about me. It has been my choice to come to this forum, for the last 4 years I have partaken in my joyful talks and discussions, and my life-plan is absolutely zero interest to you, so I don't know why you keep referring to it. Whether I come here and talk about physics in the next 6 years should be of no concern to you, and only mine.

As for being dishonest, I am far from that. I don't know why you say I am, what... because I come here and talk about physics, with confidence? The bannings I have had from this place make more sense than you, and even they've been dodgy!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

Anyway, my point was my popularity is reflected by being a nice person. You are a sour, twisted little man who enjoys taking liberty out of those who may be a little less intellectually stimulated than yourself. You revel in your ability to ''shit'' on peoples faces as I said before, simply because you think that is your job. You sit their and criticize people for wasting their time, yet in the whole reflection it seems you do quite a fair bit of time wasting as well, spending it on cranks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm... no... popularity means nothing really, unless you are a politician or a high school class-president hopeful...

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, I love my friends, they are what keeps me going half the time. So as for popularity ''doesn't mean anything'', is true for a half-beaten up sentance. ''Friends'' on the other hand which may be part of your popularity means a ****-load! And a friend to me is worth any knowledge that AN carries about with him like the holy bible.

9. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Since you are unable to not make a public spectacle of yourself by continuing with the exact sort of behaviour that had you booted from this site in the first place, it is becoming clear that your reason for wanting to return here was only to continue with the same negative behaviour. So cease and desist with your personal insults and this.. whatever the hell this is you have going on.

You have been warned about this kind of behaviour before. Even from myself. Consider this a public warning. If you persist in continuing with this sort of behaviour, the next one affect whether you can remain a member here or not.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Negative behaviour? Have you forgotten who this thread is about Bells?

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Have you even followed the insults which trailed before my own? Picking and choosing what we should read and should not are we?

12. Reiku Banned Banned

I reported your behaviour bells. You have no right to ban someone for being negative. That is the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard from this place. Moreover, if I was negative, I am sure this thread gives me 100 percent reason to think such. Thirdly, I wasn't even the one who started this debate off with insults! I've been called all-sorts in this thread and my place here challenged. I would say I have conducted myself reasonably well!
    pfft

13. wlminex Banned Banned

Please visit my . . . . ."Civilty, Please" Thread

14. Reiku Banned Banned

Wlmnex

I am pro-civlity. I have been asking for civility at this place since the dawn of time.

15. Reiku Banned Banned

But I am afraid, i cannot be held to blame for AN's actions. He is constantly uncivil. Especially towards me.

16. Bells Staff Member

I really do not think you are in any position to be reporting anyone at the moment Reiku. You forget, I and the other moderators, one of whom you just spent quite a bit of time insulting and virtually stalking across a few threads now, are well aware of the conditions of your return. If you wish to continue posting here, I would strongly advise you to adhere to those conditions.

This thread was a very valid query from the membership, asking how and why you could have been allowed back after your previous style of posting. You were allowed back as a second chance. Such chances do not grow on trees. At the very least, most who get such a chance to return tend to not make such huge spectacles of themselves as soon as they return. Quite the contrary. You have complained that you have been mistreated by certain moderators on this forum.

That has been your complaint.

So what do you do? You go out of your way to engage them in conflict, insult and goad them and then get pissy and abusive when they put you in your place.

I can assure you Reiku, you are in absolutely no position to report anyone at the moment. Especially after the comments you have made to a moderator of this site. Comments such as this which shows your level of immaturity which is one of the reasons which drives people to file complaints about you:

"Don't get on your moral high horse now AN. You're a mod hack! A disingeneous, stalker mod. You stalk the posts of so called ''cranks'' then you use your ''superior knowledge'' to basically shit on their faces. You'd rather want 1 honest person speak to you, than 50 hacks listen to me? I'd rather have 50 hacks listen to me because they like me, than the 1 listen to me for my knowledge, because knowledge means shit and behaviour speaks a million words about who someone is and what they are like."

[Post 20]

And this:

"Anyway, my point was my popularity is reflected by being a nice person. You are a sour, twisted little man who enjoys taking liberty out of those who may be a little less intellectually stimulated than yourself. You revel in your ability to ''shit'' on peoples faces as I said before, simply because you think that is your job. You sit their and criticize people for wasting their time, yet in the whole reflection it seems you do quite a fair bit of time wasting as well, spending it on cranks."

[Post 23]

So can the disingenuous bullshit, man up and adhere to the rules of your being allowed to return and post here. Not try and pull crap like this and then try and claim that you bear no responsibility.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

knowledge means shit?
    are you serious?

18. Reiku Banned Banned

Very.

''Imagination is more important than knowledge.''

That was Einstein who said that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  19. Reiku Banned Banned

Yeah, what about the pissy attitudes that were already existent when I arrived here at this thread, are you seriously acting with this selective memory of yours, or is it for real?

20. Reiku Banned Banned

This is what has me confused Bell. You have the audacity to come into a thread (targeted at me) by members with their own pissy attitude on moderation, then accuse me of being negative.

LOL

I actually couldn't believe what you said yesteday,hence why I reported your decision to warn me. I just couldn't get over my head what you wanted me to accept considering the conditions lol

21. Reiku Banned Banned

(BELLS)

I also don't know how you can claim that I only came back for the ''arguements'' - My activities here at this place cover a wide range of topics were in none of them I give out or recieve any derogatory comments.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Heh Heh.
    Imagine having Reiku as your doctor.
    You'd be dead within a week.

Reiku:
    Ooh, sorry I've just given you three trillion times the lethal dose.
    It was the Latex. I multiplied by the speed of light instead of dividing.
    There could be universes where that would work, you know.
    Never mind, I'll do some Brain surgery.

Patient:
    Are you a qualified surgeon?

Reiku
    Well, not qualified exactly, but I've watched Diagnosis Murder a few times.

Patient:
    What? You want to operate on my brain, and your only experience is watching
    Diagnosis Murder.?

Reiku
    Dr Sloan solves every case.

Patient:
    An how many of his patients survive?

Reiku
    Well Duh, it's none. Di-ag-no-sis Mur-der.
    You aren't any relation to Alpha are you?
    In this case it's easy to solve.
    I did it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  23. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

It's funny that you say all that but you make insinuations about my persona. Practice what you preach.

I'm responding to something you said which implied you believe/plan that at some point in the future you'll be applying for professions pertaining to physics, hence why having accusations of plagiarisms associated to your name would be bad.

Whether you are or not in real life your online persona on these forums says otherwise.

Come on now, you can't really be that oblivious.

In your case, yes. Before you misinterpret that, there's nothing wrong with people familiar with something talking confidently about it. I talk confidently about things I can demonstrate understanding of, likewise with others. For example, Trippy is a chemist and he talks confidently about chemistry, that sort of thing. However, if someone isn't familiar with a subject and talks as if they are, peppering their posts with errors they don't even realise they are making, and deliberately setting themselves up to somehow be a 'teacher' of sorts to people who don't understand the subject then yes, that is dishonest.

To use Captain Kremmen's approach, I would be dishonest if I watched an episode of House and then attempted to give people medical advice, even if their symptoms were like those in the episode I watched. Furthermore, no amount of watching medical dramas would prepare me for med school, just as reading pop science books doesn't prepare you for university.