In a double slit experiment it is the aether which waves

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cav755 Banned Banned

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics by the double solution theory - Louis de BROGLIE'
    http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

“When in 1923-1924 I had my first ideas about Wave Mechanics I was looking for a truly concrete physical image, valid for all particles, of the wave and particle coexistence discovered by Albert Einstein in his "Theory of light quanta". I had no doubt whatsoever about the physical reality of waves and particles.”

“any particle, even isolated, has to be imagined as in continuous “energetic contact” with a hidden medium”

The hidden medium of de Broglie wave mechanics is the aether. The “energetic contact” is the state of displacement of the aether.

"For me, the particle, precisely located in space at every instant, forms on the v wave a small region of high energy concentration, which may be likened in a first approximation, to a moving singularity."

A particle is a moving singularity which has an associated aether displacement wave.

In a double slit experiment the particle travels a well defined path which takes it through one slit. The associated wave in the aether passes through both. As the aether wave exits the slits it creates wave interference. As the particle exits a single slit the direction it travels is altered by the wave interference. This is the wave piloting the particle of pilot-wave theory. Detecting the particle strongly exiting a single slit destroys the cohesion between the particle and its associated wave in the aether and the particle continues on the trajectory it was traveling.

In a boat double slit experiment the boat always travels through a single slit and the bow wave passes through both.

The boat travels through a single slit and the bow wave passes through both whether you detect the boat or not.

The bow wave is the boat's water displacement wave.

In a double slit experiment the particle always travels through a single slit and the associated aether displacement wave passes through both.

The particle travels through a single slit and the associated aether displacement wave passes through both whether you detect the particle or not.

'New 'Double Slit' Experiment Skirts Uncertainty Principle'
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-slit-experiment-skirts-uncertainty-principle

"Intriguingly, the trajectories closely match those predicted by an unconventional interpretation of quantum mechanics known as pilot-wave theory, in which each particle has a well-defined trajectory that takes it through one slit while the associated wave passes through both slits."
    'Team 'sneaks around' quantum rule'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13626587

"For his part, Professor Steinberg believes that the result reduces a limitation not on quantum physics but on physicists themselves. "I feel like we're starting to pull back a veil on what nature really is," he said. "The trouble with quantum mechanics is that while we've learned to calculate the outcomes of all sorts of experiments, we've lost much of our ability to describe what is really happening in any natural language. I think that this has really hampered our ability to make progress, to come up with new ideas and see intuitively how new systems ought to behave."

Seeing intuitively how a double slit experiment behaves is understanding the particle always travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

"The word 'ether' has extremely negative connotations in theoretical physics because of its past association with opposition to relativity. This is unfortunate because, stripped of these connotations, it rather nicely captures the way most physicists actually think about the vacuum. . . . Relativity actually says nothing about the existence or nonexistence of matter pervading the universe, only that any such matter must have relativistic symmetry. [..] It turns out that such matter exists. About the time relativity was becoming accepted, studies of radioactivity began showing that the empty vacuum of space had spectroscopic structure similar to that of ordinary quantum solids and fluids. Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness. It is filled with 'stuff' that is normally transparent but can be made visible by hitting it sufficiently hard to knock out a part. The modern concept of the vacuum of space, confirmed every day by experiment, is a relativistic ether. But we do not call it this because it is taboo." - Robert B. Laughlin, Nobel Laureate in Physics, endowed chair in physics, Stanford University

Matter, a piece of window glass and stuff have mass.

In a double slit experiment it is the stuff which waves.