Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No I just haven't seen Xev abusing her powers as a moderator, I don't care if she’s a shit or not.

Oh and by the way Xev got 26 votes out of the 50 minimum required votes, which means that she has won.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

The proposal must have a minimum of 50 votes to pass or fail, but the poll is open until the 20th of May. Until the poll closes, we will not know the outcome.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Moderators come in many shape, sizes, philosophies and other characteristics. Many people are wanting to say what they want and are "moderated" from not saying whatever pisses off some moderators. I've heard from many types, Xev is just another type of mod that you must learn her ways. Because she cusses or prevents people from writing something she feels isn't in good taste is the same with ALL moderators. Some take advantage of their positions and misuse their power however I don't see that as yet with Xev, a little uppity but not a dictator at least for the present time.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Arditezza,

Hum I did not think of it that way, oh well let the roasting continue to the 20th!

8. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Well seeing that more people chose no shows that Xev has indeed won.

As for you little concern with her, she does not abuse her power at all. She is very bitchy but never steps out of the line of her moderation requirements. I do have one problem with her other than her PMS and its the fact that she tends to cause threads to go off topic which is a violation isn't it?

9. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Porfiry:

From the other thread that was closed before I saw your response:

How can she provide you convincing evidence? In what ways did the posts that addressed her position attack her when after I reposted one of deleted posts, she responded to it and did not delete? she acted in haste and deleted posts from both Spookz and I that did not insult her position, but rather battered it. This is abuse, and I for one would like to know how she furnished the proof that would have you believe that she did not abuse her moderator powers.

10. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

it would be hell if there was a draw in the poll...

11. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

we really need to get xev out of moderator status, at least so we can use the ignore feature on him.

i really think we need to do this

loudmouth idiots are ok as long as we can ignore them when we want, but to have one forced upon us is unacceptable

12. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

the ignore feature is pretty stupid in the first place. my own internal computer does a fabulous job of ignoring people. maybe it's a cliche, but if someone or a post bothers you, don't read it ! she's never bothered me, mostly because i don't pay that much attention to her or most other posters. every forum needs a...let's say "outspoken"..person around to shake things up.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

paulsamuel:

Xev is not a "him".

14. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

makes no difference what her pronoun is. this is a computer.

15. Arditezza Banned Banned

I dunno, I liken Xev to the schoolyard bully. And Porfiry as the Principal who's letting the bully run the playground at recess. Problem with that is that you intimidate and humiliate the other kids into not playing in your yard, and your fellow troublemakers and bullies stay around. I don't think that should be the intention of a forum, and I don't think it's okay for the person in charge of the rules to be breaking them and being extremely abusive to people (not abusing powers, just abusing posters).

I don't care about Xev's opinions, and I don't care about Xev. What I do care about are the converstations and debates that are prevented in that forum because of the bad attitude and horrible demeanor of the moderator there. I am by no means saying that it should be wine and roses, but it should be a place where every starts on equal footing and isn't going to get rotten eggs thrown at them for even having a thought on anything.

Oh, and now that there is a rants forum, who's going to throw 80% of Xev's posts in there for being off-topic ad hom's against others?

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i'm not sure someone with so few posts has license to insult the board's owner. stick around for a while. you'll quickly see this is a exceptionally well run board.

17. Arditezza Banned Banned

I don't doubt that, and I wasn't insulting Porfiry. I was comapring him to a Principal of a school full of children (which most of us are)

These are fine forums, or I wouldn't want them to be better at all. I want things to change because I DO care, not because I'm just being a jerk. I am unwilling to accept the bad, when there better examples and better moderators

18. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

how do you know?

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Xev claims to be a she, but in truth we should call Xev a “it” in fact we should call everyone here “it” because we have no proof of the sex of anyone.

20. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

i agree. but it would mislead all of us into thinking that we are responding and corresponding with a username, not a person.

21. GuessWho A Californian Registered Senior Member

From reading this thread, I can see that Xev has written some bad things against some people but then these some people might have done something to deserve something? A moderator should be moderate but it does not mean a moderator must be moderate. Xev being a racist gave me a strong temptation to vote yes but I was able to calm myself down and remind myself that she does have her freedom of speech. Without seeing any evidence that she abuses her power as a moderator, I voted no.

22. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

you've already voted and made up your mind, so i'm not writing this to convince you, but perhaps other readers might want an alternative view.

Which is;

as you said a moderator should be moderate, and by your admission, xev is not doing what he should as a moderator.

xev certainly does have the right of freedom of speech, but he has responsibilities as a moderator. if he wants to exercise his full freedom of speech he should do it as a member not as moderator. no one is trying to silence him.

what would you need to see from xev to convince you that he is abusing his powers as moderator? is there anything? cause I might be able to find it and perhaps convince a potential voter.

23. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Do you think you're making a point by writing he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.