im new:)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Acerbus, Nov 29, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Acerbus, it really sounds great. I don't care about the cold, I want to see the Aurora Light.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seems great to me, to be outside in the cold and look at all the beauty out there. I start feeling to go there immediately.

A little difficult without that rotten money to come there.

BTW. I am 41 years old, a little to old for you perhaps.
    What has age to do with it any way?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'll do a late welcome...

Welcome to Sciforums... may it hug to you like a fuzzy creature and make you warm through the coldest nights.

By the way I might be 24 in age, But I'm most definitely up for a snowball fight!!!

(Just one rule... no throwing Yellow snow

)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Acerbus Wanderer of the Wastes Registered Senior Member

both of you seem pretty cool

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. slang Registered Member

As long as we are talking new ones, I think I ghosted long enough.

So hi all, I'm slang.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Don't ghost, POST!

Actually that could seem a little rude... Well I welcome you Slang to Sciforums, may your conscious voice grow stronger with every post, rather than hiding up.

(General note to all Ghosting:
    I know alot of you ghost, pondering over wether you comment is worth posting or not, Just post... you shouldn't be worried about how we think of your posts as we all make spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. Sometimes our whole posts can be in Err but that's the nature of humanity and the nature of discussion.)

Enjoy Sciforums.

9. Acerbus Wanderer of the Wastes Registered Senior Member

hehe look at my posts most of its gibberish

post away if someone calls you a "drunken redneck hobo" because they dont like your idea, well screw them! its your opinion not theirs that counts

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, I do agree with you two, Stryder and Acerbus.

I put my sunglasses on especially to post here at Acerbus's nice Alaska.

Everybody has his/her own oddities so to say, but are all human and very welcome.

Welcome to Sciforums Slang, may you post for a long time and find out about all the different oddness in each one of us...

Have fun.

Acerbus, more about Alaska please...

11. Acerbus Wanderer of the Wastes Registered Senior Member

err...

well lately weve been haveing alot of ice-fogs..like for 2 weeks starting the tuesday 2 weeks ago we had a solid ice-fog for like 4 days. since then its been comeing and going its kind of creepy to go out in it in the morning imagine...

"You walk out of your house its almost pitch-black.The single street lamp throws a pool of light 10 feet in diameter(because the fog)the only light in the world it seems. You step off of your porch into dense ice-fog, it clings to your hair freezing it. The world seems so quiet. The only sound you hear is the sound of the ice crunching under your boots. You start down the street walking through the dense mist that pervades everything. It floats through the trees like some geist from long past. It moves in front of your moveing legs, swirling and seeming alive. When it touches your clothing it freezes to it creating a slight shimmering. As you continue down the street others open the doors to their homes throwing a breif light upon the outside world, they join you walking apart in their own sombre reverie. On your left, up a small slope, is the empty expanse of the football field enclosed by a chainlink fence.It seems unnerving to walk in such an open place and not being able to see. As you reach the corner and turn left into the parking lot you can see a faint aura of light in the distance, the feeble lights out side of one of the entrances to the school. Walking along the sidewalk toward the school you see other people getting out of their cars and heading toward the school also, they seem afraid to break the silence. you reach the school turning left and then right going around the building, to save time not walking through the halls. you walk up the slope of the hill and come on level with the main part of the school. you pull open the door to go inside and are hit by a wave of heat and noise..the ice clinging to your hair and clothes melt away..."

well i hope that gives a better picture of one of my morning walks to school.Ice-fog is very dense you can actually feel it pushing on your clothes as you walk

if you want to copy this print it out ect.. just give credit. thanks.

12. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Acerbus ...

Thanks for sharing the experience, one most of us will never know.

Again, thanks.

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Acerbus, wonderful.

You tell it so beautiful, I can see you walking there in my head, wonderful as you tell it.

I know that kind of fog in a minor way you do probably, but in the Netherlands we have such icy fog also, your hair is really frozen if you get into town by bycicle in that weather, though don't you think it is wonderful, that sound of silence...

And that feeling that you are all alone in the world, because you can't see a thing.

I used to live in an appartment, 7th floor. It looked like we were floating in the Sky with nothing surrounding us. We couldn't even see the street below us.
    And then my son had to take of for school. He loves it, I do too.

Seems wonderful to me, to walk out there in the icy cold. Just put on warm clothes and warm boots and go out in the silence and cold of the fog...wonderful, really.

Tell me more, better, write a book or a short story.
    You write it down in a very clear manner. I really can see you walking just by the way you tell it...

More please...