Im New

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by mardener, Jun 8, 2005.

1. mardener Registered Senior Member

Hi, Im the new guy.

Im only 16 (going on 3) and this forum seems to be a bit too advanced for my brain. I really like some areas of Science and have been looking for a forum of this type for a while, one which isn't full of 'I was abducted last night' and 'Is that a Ghost on my wall?' type posts.

I really just like to read through some of the posts, especially in the Biology and Genetics section. I want to go into medicine after my A-levels and have come to really start to understand some of these 'basics' on our cell composition and chemical processes.

I hope you aren't bothered about a noob from up-north leaching you typed materials.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Welcome.
    If you came to lurk, that's cool. Just don't spam us with idiocy. We have enough of that. Spamming us with stupid ideas, that's ok. There's a few of us here who love to tear apart anyone and anything, then complain that it was to easy, then wonder why they left and never came back.

Anyway, good to have you aboard. And 'luck with learning. Don't be too scared to share. People here bite. A lot. They'll argue anything. Eventually, you'll just start baiting them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Mardener:
    Do not listen to Roman, he's a pustulent turd.
    Plus he's gay and suffering Kaposi's.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Ignore btimsah. He's mad.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Welcome and have fun while you are here. Don't mind gendanken for she suffers from chronic problems that science hasn't figured out as yet.

9. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

I'm new too, I've been looking for a board where people have logical and intelligent threads, which is here. Although I think it might take a while before I am noticed, because it's hard to dive into big debates about things when you don't know the people you're talking with.

10. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

I was new about 4 months ago, and it took me about 8 days to be noticed.

Now I'm the king of the forum, and one of the top 450 posters! As a matter of fact, I'm number 432 as of this writing. Okay, so maybe not quite the "King" of the forum...but I'm working on it!

Anyway, welcome to you both.

11. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

Hehe good work! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've already been successful in pissing someone off, yay!

Are there people on here who actually can admit it when they're wrong? Just curious.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There are some that can admit it but many here have HUGE egos that can never be brought back down to reason that they are wrong sometimes. Just don't fight them, let them think they "know it all" that would show that you are way above them .

13. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

cosmictraveler is one of those

but anyway, welcome to the forums hope you enjoy it.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You can jump into any discussion you like. Don't be bashful. It doesn't matter whether we know you, all that matters is that you have decent communication skills, something interesting to say or ask, and a little respect.

Oh, and my own personal beef: If you read something really great and you want to share it with us, DON'T just post the URL and expect us all to go read it. Use the skills you learn in school and write a report on it, something we can read quickly. Most of the stuff that's published is in desperate need of a line-edit and could be shortened by 75 percent. Perhaps I'm asking for a favor, but if you're in school it's a great benefit to develop that skill so you'll get something out of it for yourself.

15. Roman Banned Banned

Gendanken is definitely a biter. I think everyone should be warned about her.

16. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

I've noticed alot of how you respond to people and I think it's very sensitive and positive. You are the kind of member on here I would listen to because you don't act like you know everything and I am always going to be wrong. I knew by joining up I would have to get over those kind of people, and I will!

17. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

Yip, thanks, I'll take that on board hun! I hate when people do that with URL's too, it's a real let down when people don't put much effort into a thread.

18. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the welcome! I hope so, I used to be on a board with people who were like family to me, for a couple of years, but now that's all gone, and I think it's time for change. I can't wait to get into it!

19. Argon Registered Member

It is Nice to see such an understanding group of well wishers in this thread to welcome Silent Serenity. I must be considered a lurker so far as I have not posted as much as I would ordinarily on other boards. I can relate to SS's feelings about jumping into old conversations of members who are familiar with one another. It almost feels like crashing a party of sorts, so I have mostly read a lot of the conversations. I hope you have found a Home SS, Good Luck....

20. vslayer Registered Senior Member

pfft, 'only 16', here we like to relate to people by their intellect and political views. age is not important. as long as you have a good brain you'll be fine

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yes, your right, thank you for showing us how perceptive you are about people.

22. Silent Serenity This Is Not Hollywood Registered Senior Member

Here, here! Good luck to you too hun!

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Well, that's kinda true. The oldtimers do all know each other, but we all hate each other too. And we'll never grow to know and hate you if you don't have the balls to jump in every now and again.

Oh. And don't fear the Gendanken. When she lunges for your throat, she does so with only the most loving intentions.
    Really.

And Roman. Yeah. Watch out for him. He's got the herpes.