If religion isn't a motivator for violence...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by KennyJC, Jul 26, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

9/11 was by Al-Qaeda, an Islamic fundamentalist group funded and trained by the CIA in Afghanistan during the cold war as a buffer against Russia. They turned against the US after the imprisonment and torture (for 10 yeasr) of Syed Qutb, their ideological leader who was arrested by the Iran President ( a US ally at the time) due to his anti-US sentiments.

Al-Zawahiri was a member of the brotherhood of Syed Qutb and was also tortured. He was also the guy who trained Osama bin Laden, a CIA recruit.

This is the story in short

Details:
    CIA and Osama
    http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO109C.html

Qutb
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qutb

Zawahiri
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

No, the religion does promote violence, actually. I'm not an expert...but I think that's kind of hard to miss after watching the news and all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

See how far samcdkey goes to make excuses for religious extremism...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Regardless of their reasons for doing what they did, it was messed up. You can't justify what they did. They killed 3,000 innocent people. There is no excuse for that.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes; the verses were revealed during the course of 4 wars of the Prophet against pagans, Jews and Babylonians. Since the Prophet was severely outnumbered and many times unsure whether he should risk his small group of men, or whether it is right for him to fight against the Christians and Jews ( who according to Islam are the People of the Book and worship the same God); these verses were revealed at those specific times to help the Prophet in his decision making. They are not general guidelines to kill disbelievers.

The verses which were revealed as guidelines are these:

"God commands justice, the doing of the good, and liberality to kith and kin. He
    forbids all shameful deeds, injustice and rebellion. Thus does he instruct you, that you may receive admonition." 16:90

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of male and female, and made you
    into nations and tribes, that he may know and cooperate with one another." 49:13

[17:33] Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand retaliation by law or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life, for he is helped (by the Law)

[22:39] Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them;

[42:40-43] The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loves not those who do wrong. But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong (done) to them, against such there is no cause of blame. The blame is only against those who oppress men and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice: for such there will be a grievous penalty. And whoever is patient and forgiving, these most surely are actions due to courage.

[2:179] And there is life for you in (the law of) retaliation, O people of understanding, that you may guard yourselves.

9. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

The bible says a bunch of crap, you know. Do we follow it all? No. In the O.T. it says to kill homosexuals and we don't go around doing that. It says wait until your married for sex and not many people do that either.
    In the Koran it says "he who walks with peace walks with him." Do the Muslims follow that? Some do, I guess but not all of them for sure.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Propaganda is very powerful especially when controlled by media.

Believe what you like, I'm done here.

I'd like to see how many of you practice tolerance when your country and family are bombed out of existence.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not responsible for the terrorists or their actions so I see no need to justify them.

I'm giving you facts; you can read and judge for yourself, if you are so inclined

12. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

No, you're standing up for them. You don't kill innocent people!

I'm not saying that what has happened to them is all that great but no need in being evil in order to stop evil.

13. mustafhakofi I sa'id so Registered Senior Member

samcdkey can you answer this for me, if 9/11 7/7 etc were not religiously motivated, then why is it that only muslims carried out the bombings, it was'nt muslims who converted to christianity or judeism, sikhism buddism, etc... just muslims.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Tell that to the Lebanese children today; they'll be growing up in a few years.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Could it be because the Islamic fundamentalists trained and funded by the CIA would be Muslims

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

18. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

I don't have anything against the Muslims. I just don't like some of the extremes.

Why are all the bombings going on in the middle east then? Why are the Jews and Muslims trying to kill each other?

I don't get what you're trying to say. You say your not justifying anyone but you so totally are. It's almost like your saying it okay for what they're doing because those innocent people are deserving of it. That's not cool.

19. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

The Koran has nothing really to do with this. The people are doing this because they feel they should. It is for religious reasons even though the Koran is pretty peaceful. Look at Muhammad who was there encouraging killings. = /

20. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Exactly

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not justifying terrorism; I'm asking you to put yourself in the place of those people who have as children known only war and murder in their country and family, as they see it, funded by the US and UK.

What happens to abused people when they grow up? They become abusers.

They are sick and criminal. Not rational or pious.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You guys swallow propaganda hook line and sinker.

This is why the problem of terrorism will never be solved.

Because all of you have no clue whatsoever.

23. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

That url I posted was not unfairly anti-islam for it was quoting the Quran itself. How much attention you pay to those quotes depends on how strong your religious faith is. You being a liberal moderate, obviously means you make excuses for these parts of scripture and those who follow it.