If a man is raped by a woman...

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lepustimidus, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Should a raped man have to pay child support to his offspring?

1. Yes

3.2%
  2. No

90.3%
  3. Other/Don't know

6.5%
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is not right.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i agree but i dont know the answer or even if the same thing woud occure here. Family law is a compleatly seperate set of legislation to the crimes act and only works on whats in the best interest of the child rather punishing offenders

i could quite easerly see a civil court awarding damages for rape from the mother and then the mother turning around and getting it all back in child surport from the family court

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Treu, family court does place the welfare of the child above everything in this case. however it is simply a manner of then the father countersuing in civil court under some of the newer laws that do not allow an offender to profit from their crime. If the rapist has been convicted i could see civil court setting aside the probate court child support order or making an injunction against the rapist getting the money at all. As for the state collecting from a 14 year old boy, a smart lawyer would would countersue the state and spread the story all over the media. The bad press alone would guarantee any judge that takes the case would not dare rule against public opinion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.