i wonder...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Lori_7, May 20, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i would be more inclined to pursue music than neurology. lol...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well is it able to be identified better than that? i've heard about timing of impulses in the brain. is there a test for that? some empirical evidence?

so it wasn't disturbing or meaningful enough to invoke either concern or interest. i wonder if a dismissal like this shuts the door to knowledge. what do you think?

why would it have to be deemed a message from god to be significantly meaningful?

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

so you're saying that you do not in fact know that what you're experiencing is schizophrenia.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Which bit of "I'm neither a fully-trained psychologist nor a neurologist" did you miss? I concentrated on perceptual psychology at uni so I missed learning about the other stuff.

I see you're making assumptions again.
    There's a vast difference between me feeling a need to see a doctor and considering it uninteresting.

What you think I could have learnt that the brain glitches every now and again? Oh, wait...

Notice I put a "&c" on there as well. What do you consider to be significantly meaningful"? And significantly meaningful of what?

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure of what to think of that. It seems you have an interest in digitizing a persons brain and then "molding/running it" in a prosthetic body. It's interesting but leads to a resource shortage ultimately due to overpopulation no?

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

lots of things, if not everything, is meaningful in some way. maybe it means you have a brain tumor. does the experience bring anything else to mind other than a glitch?

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

wouldn't it make more sense to change the nature of the organic systems? why artificial intelligence? that seems like a real stretch. especially considering the untapped potential in our brains, and ultimately in our dna. that's how we've always evolved, with the help of "mother nature", and possibly more than that.

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Correct. I don't exhibit enough symptoms for a positive diagnosis; however, the audio hallucinations can be affected by how I feel, what I am thinking, and can range from lame/boring sounds to rather spectacular musical scores. Quite often, the voices that schizophrenic people hear are affected by thoughts / feelings and have a wide range of "quality" to them. Thats a pretty solid correlation that isn't shared by other known disorders that can result in audio hallucination.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

On occasion.

I really don't understand what you're asking. Perhaps if you can parphrase the question...

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i just wonder why it wouldn't be more random or systemic. i wonder why you only hallucinate in regards to music, and nothing else. are you saying that you think your thoughts and feelings determine that?

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'd certainly deny that everything has meaning (for a given value of "meaning").

I would have expected more persistence, and possibly other effects, from a brain tumour. It definitely wasn't something that sprang to mind as a possible explanation.

I don't understand the question. What could it bring to mind?

15. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Well sound and music. Not everything I hear from the hallucination is pure melody. As to why the hallucinations are constrained to music / sound, I can only speculate that the part of my brain affected most is an auditory processing region.

Nope. I am saying that my thoughts / feelings can influence the content of the hallucination (i.e. it's involuntary).

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

like with crunchy, it brought to mind music. does yours reflect anything that's familiar or logical?

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

do you consider this to be a good thing, or a bad thing? you sarcastically mentioned being lucky. but lots of people like me appreciate music a lot. music has changed the lives of many...even saved people's lives. some claim it's taken people's lives.

when i described the experience i had, which i believe i channeled a spirit that used my body to pen a poem, to my atheist musician brother, he surprised me by saying that a lot of musicians and lyricists attest to channeling something in some form. they don't attribute the music to themselves and their own devices entirely.

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I consider it a bad thing. It's a chronic involuntary experience.

Humans are naturally wired to blame / give credit to imaginary external 3rd party entities. That is not surprising in the least.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

just thought I'd....
    Yep spot on. I know of many people who are having similar dreams and so called hallucinatory experiences along same lines. An emmergence of "his nibbs" seems imminent ....
    Most of the time they experience severe depression immediately after the experience due ot the intense isolation experienced when one discovers a truth that others can not possibly comprehend.
    A global/universal "priming" "preparation" is under way is the general consensus and it's happening under intense secrecy due to the need to avoid mass hysterics. [paranoia]
    edit: and it's not directly associated with religion or theology generally.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Lori,
    Can I ask what "year" it was that you first had your experience?

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I've had more subdued experiences during my life that led me to believe in god and christ, and that in some ways prepared me for the off the wall event in 2005.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I'm very familiar with that isolation. I also think that the individual and personal experience lends validation, in that there is no collaboration, influence, or convincing from other people regarding the matter. Its all you. Nobody gives it to you and nobody can take it away. And I think in the end we'll all come together with knowledge that we trust, because we all lived through it all on our own.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Is that because it worries/scares you? Makes you feel like you're not in control? Because its isolating? I mean theoretically, if you enjoy music, you should enjoy your gift.

Funny...I thought people were wired to be egotistical.