I Need a Miracle

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by pharaohmoan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Saquist Banned Banned

Snakelord, what do I care what you think?
    Why do you care what I think?

Ah...Shame....

I'm not gonna go back and look, Snakelord, it's so trivial I'm surprised I'm even responding to your post. Well...not that surprised.

If so...then shame on you.

How stolid, Snakelord, that doesn't appear very cheery.

Yes. The pot is indeed stirred quite well. I'm actually most satisfied with the results. MOST satisfied. It really dosen't take much.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Well, that certainly brings back the memories of what it is to be a teenager.

I would simply submit that if you don't care what other people think, you're really not in the best of places, (a forum where people say what they think). Perhaps you would be better off in a quiet place devoid of people.

That's fine, I went back and looked. Lo and behold there was no explanation, no admittal of error and no sources claiming that monkeys mutate into humans. I am quite surprised that you consider your absolute lack of understanding of evolution as 'trivial', but perhaps to you it is. In that case I would advise you not start speaking about the subject matter as if you know anything about it.

Myles offered you the challenge to support your statement. In the response to that you refused on the basis that he is a "sick, contaminated individual" and "like a cancer". I would submit that "no, I wont accept the challenge" would have been better than getting all personal where you need not have done, or indeed just a retraction of your statement. Once again, nobody is going to kill you because you happened to be wrong. It seems pride got in the way.

I'd agree, but I didn't do such a thing. You unfortunately spent quite a while insulting Myles, his mother and childhood. So, shame on you yes? Or no?

If you say so. Apparently you're not ready for adult conversation. When you think you are give me a pm and we'll talk.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: How many times have you heard a theist say, "It happened and it was a miracle!"

I have heard this quite a lot. When they say it, my mind is calculating the positive reasoning behind the "result" of their miraculous event. It's pretty obvious to me that their "miracle" occurred because of:

1 x
    2 x
    3 x

I just don't understand how they cannot see the obvious deduction to their belief.

Is it me, or have y'all experienced this, too?

M*W's Friendly Atheist Quote (FAQ) of the Day:

"As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created god or God man." ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

M*W's Anti-Bitterness Comments (ABCs) of the Day:

"I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities." ~ Whoopi Goldberg, b. 1955 American Actress

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

yes, the astral human prototype.

i understand evolution already... but i don't believe much in darwins physical evolution (natural selection), i believe in spirit (d)evolution. darwin didn't know much about spirits so his weak ideas couldn't explain how the eye could evolve.

8. Myles Registered Senior Member

I cannoy put my hands on my copy of Hume's enquiry at the moment. but he said something to the effect that a miracle would have to contravene the natural order as we understand it from everyday life. He went on to say that such an event would require an even more miraculous explanation. You can see the full text in a chapter of Hume's Enquiry Concernong Human Understanding. There may be something available on line.

In lighter vein.....if a plane crashes and only one person survives , that's a miracle. If all but one survive that's not a miracle.

9. Saquist Banned Banned

A luxury I don't have.

Your advice has been..."noted" and filed.
    It doesn't really change why I should care now does it?

An intresting theory.

Well some people beg for the abuse Miles just begs a bit louder.
    Is this your way of begging for abuse aswell?

AH!!! Ladies and Gentlemen...he gets it. Not so obtuse as we were led to believe.
    An adult would indeed realize this is FAR from an adult conversation.

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

So . if you know so much, how come you agreed that monkeys mutated into men ?

What is the connection between spirits and how the eye evolved ? This business with the eye is another of the stupid arguments used by Creationists who propogate rubbish. It has been answered many times.

I gave you a thoughtful response but all I get back is that you know all about it and Darwin couldn't explain how eyes evolved. I shall waste no more time on you because you seem determined to remain ignorant.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  11. Yorda Registered Senior Member

sorry i didn't mean to be mean... but if you want to understand how all creatures evolved, you can't just read about darwins evolution, you have to read about the evolution which the nazis believed in.

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

I don't know about all Nazis but the prevailing views of those around Hitler related to astrology, hollow world teaching ( Hohlweltlehre) and other such nonsense.

Their only use for genetics was to use it as an excuse to murder millions of people the regard as inferior, Jews. Gypsies, the mentally impaired and so on.
    THeir beliefs were in no way compatible with those of Darwin/

13. Yorda Registered Senior Member

what i'm really trying to say is that... you have to read about the evolution which helena blavatsky was talking about, because hitler got all his crazy ideas from her. she knew how evolution really happened and she said that aryans were superior and they came from atlantis...

but alice bailey said that jews were inferior. she said that they had bad karma because they killed christ.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  14. Myles Registered Senior Member

If HItler got his crazy ideas from Madam Blavatsky, it follows that she, too. was crazy. Anything she said has no relevance to evolution.

The problem is that everyone feels they can expound with confidence on evolution without having studied the subject.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Saquist,

can you please cite a work on evolutionary theory where it states that monkeys mutate into men ?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!