I love simcity 3000

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr.Spock, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

cant wait to upgrade to simcity 4

its fun being a capitalist.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

I loved the original one for Nintendo. I wanna' play.

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

nobody else like to be in control of a mega metropolis? :greedy:

or a small lovely village?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I have played all SimCity games. They all bring something different to the table and of course lose some of the things that made them great.

Original Simcity was a very simplified system in comparison to the other version.

SimCity2000 increased on it a great deal, bringing Water and Terrain changes into the equation. (I remember watching a run up report on the future SimCity release, where the new at the time "CD-ROM" version was going to sport actual live action sequences. The footage shown was of a nuclear power plant melting down, with people in Hazmat suits trying to scrub the place down)

SimCity3000 brought the SimNation more into play, as the previous version didn't allow you to expand on the whole nation or worth all the cities together. Cities maps could also be exported to The Sims. You could also follow a sim around the city.

SimCity4 More emphasis on following sims and of course the Rush Hour expansion.

Basically the game moved from it's initial build a city charm and attempt to reinvent itself to cope with other generate types to keep people interested (It's Failure or Success is obviously depicted by peoples reactions)

There haven't been that many building games that could compare, other than A-Train which was underrated at the time.