I have nothing against blacks and mexicans I just don't want them in my neighborhood

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by S.A.M., Dec 1, 2009.

?

Is it racist to not want people of other colours, cultures in your neighborhood?

1. Yes

76.2%
  2. No

9.5%
  3. Some other opinion

14.3%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

This isn't making much sense. One the one hand you say people can self-segregate and then on the other you are saying that they can self-segregate only if they will accept others living in their community. Well if they are self-segregating they will continue to do so even if those 'others' are living in their community which means that the 'other' will still feel uncomfortable unless they also care not to involve themselves with their neighbors (which does happen by the way).

Prohibiting someone from owning property is against the law in the US. The example she gave was of someone who 'have nothing against' another group but chooses not to live with them and they wouldn't be happy if these other groups began to move into their community! This is not racism its preference. You should not pretend as if there are not cultural and lifestyle issues that go along with religion, race and ethnicity because much of the time there are though I think there is a move away from these differences in places like the States.

If you don't want a 'homogenous' future then why are you opposed to people living separately if they choose when living separately helps protect those traditions etc? In NYC you have chinese restaurants next to Italian and French. People of different races get together from time to time but there are still separate communities in terms of living. Is there mixing? Sure. Are there diverse living communities? Sure. But that's by choice. There are others who would make a different choice.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm now suppose I made a nice little sign and put it up near my gate [on my own property] so passersby could read it?

Is that alright? I just want to be sure that others know my sentiments so they are not misunderstood.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If you have nothing against them then why don't you want them in your neighborhood?
    No one in their right mind can defend a statement like that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

My,my! Do you have a hidden masochistic tendency?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well its not illegal. People may be offended but that would be besides the point. Its only the politically correct thought police who would say one doesn't have the right to think, feel, write or utter those sentiments.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Which is what I thought when I saw this blogpost

http://www.eturbonews.com/12537/are-gay-tourists-welcomed-vatican

They are Catholic, its their identity,their church, their city in fact.

Why can't they say that gay and lesbian tourists are not welcome?

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well I can't comment on what the religious folk feel about these issues. All I can say is I don't know why any homosexual would want to belong to the Catholic church or any other religion that thinks them persona non grata. Its beyond me why they would even be insulted:shrug:

Given the choice I don't know why anyone would try and force themselves on a group of people who are fundamentally against them (I mean from a religious point of view). Why would they need to be accepted by said group?

In fact how does anyone know who is gay or straight when they are on vacation?

Any tourist can go to the Vatican. If you declare yourself the 'gay and lesbian' bus load of tourists then yeah I guess those from the Vatican might take umbrage.

11. Gustav Banned Banned

12. Gustav Banned Banned

indeed

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How about if we don't forbid anyone, just specify who we want?

14. Gustav Banned Banned

DESPITE such problems, the use of restrictions is growing rapidly across the nation. An analysis this year found that 17 percent of the American population was living in homes whose design or use was governed by conditions in their deeds or covenants. Twenty years ago, only 1 percent of the population was affected by such restrictions, according to James L. Winokur, a professor of law at the University of Denver, who conducted the study of deeds and covenants. (link)

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well with or without signs people have and continue to segregate themselves from groups they don't wish to live among. The only alternative is a politically correct chip that disallows anyone from having whatever 'feelings' they may have about any other said group. Its all bullshit if you ask me.

By the way Sam you should indicate exactly what that sign means and from which country otherwise its irrelevant to this discussion.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

i wonder if lucysnow is raping cambodia

/curious

another weak troll

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It says Muslims only on the left and Greenlanders [other road] on the right.

Does it matter where its from?

The community wants to maintain its identity in its neighborhood.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sure it does. There is no point posting a picture without any context. There are those who might want to comment on it and that's difficult if we don't know the when, why and how.

19. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What context do you need? Is there a context for keeping your neighborhood like yourself?

21. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I am with you on this did you look at the link it is about an all Black school in Toronto Canada no whites or any other colour allowed.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

You don't need the laws or the 'good ole days'. People are VOLUNTARILY self-segregating and there isn't anything illegal about it.

23. Gustav Banned Banned

yes
    no one reads the op or tt plus most here are brain dead retards