I hate White Boys

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by gendanken, Aug 14, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

In retort to a thread labeled I Hate Being a White Male. Snort.

Draco would have you believe he’s a darkling, imbued with the Gothic blood of Chthulu.
    Truth is that this boy is just another symptom of White and Fucking Bored.
    Klebold and Harris were of the same conformist, virulent strains of White and Fucking Bored.
    This brand of white boy is everywhere, and if its not smashing into a wall with his skateboard then its baring his plastic fangs at the dork playing D&D sitting across from him. Fear me!
    But no one does, so he bores some more and he’s off to shooting his classmates since nothing screams “Look at me!" louder than shooting people as insignificant as you.
    It happened in Thurston, Virginia, California, Paducha, Alaska and most famously Columbine yet I wonder how long it will take for another set of parents to gather their eccentric little white boy lovingly in their arms before dumping him in a hospital, wondering what is “wrong” with this disturbing creep too meek to make friends.
    They will stuff him with Xanax and Paxil and Zoloft and all kinds of remedies that will fail to cure him of boredom and insignificance.
    He is small, with his body growing at a third of the rate of his brain’s and if he were wise he’d capitalize on it but no- its easier to curl up like a fetus in the school cafeteria and shock people with Manson lyrics and a dog collar.

The problem with White Boy is that the middle class income has left him with surplus time on his hands, and in his clumsy rebellion he is left to exaggerate the smallest transgressions into the Biggest Thing in the Whole Fucking World.
    They call him a nerd with a prick as big as his sister’s
    He can’t dance, he can’t swim, sing or play basketball and all the jocks sprinkle pepper in his boxers.
    He never gets over it because in rebellious years he runs to his friends that he now keeps with a gimmick- "I am not Guthry or Petey now, stop calling me that", he says through clenched teeth. "I am Draco the Goth boy and my new, fancy, arrogant bloodlust has nothing to do with my not being able to cope creatively with my insignificance. Look at these scars, minion, I drink blood! I shall now tell you of my eccentric disillusions."
    At this point he will mutilate Nietzsche.

None of the school shooters had potential- which I may add where all white, teenaged and bloody bored. All were driven by the lure of revenge and notoriety because they have clung on to the horrors of high school so hard their nails are bleeding. Again, Mr. Klebold, Mr. Woodham and Mr. Carneal have blown up a spitball into the Biggest Thing in the Whole Fucking World.
    If you cannot deal with simple trial every teenager coming to know himself has dealt with for thousands of years... then of what use are you to the adult world?
    The White Boy has been breastfeed, spoonfeed and all self esteemed by the ignorance of those conscientious morons he calls parents. He is injected into our world an idiot ready for trampling, and all he needs to finally shut the fuck up, dear reader, is a spanking.

If you can recite the whole 'D' and 'R' section of Bierce’s Dictionary, you’re an angry white boy.
    If your hands have contorted to the shape of a keyboard from which you keep a blog about a world gone to shit, you’re an angry white boy.
    If you want to cut your life into pieces since this is your last resort, then you are an angry white boy.
    If you are losing your sight and losing your mind wishing somebody will tell you you are fine, then you are an angry white boy.
    If your rocasea is flaring up at this point, you’re an angry white boy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. water the sea Registered Senior Member

A spanking?
    But will this not make him even more angry, even more eccentric? Will he not shout: "Look, I've been wronged again! This life is not fair! Why do the innocent have to suffer the most?"

Will he not seek refuge in the Old German, proclaiming that a man must first go under to then, in all his greatness, come up, and become the overman?

Will he not, after this spanking, consider himself an overman -- for he has so bravely stood the mean and pernicious tests that cruel life, and even cruelest mother nature have made him go thorugh?

But yes, indeed, I agree. A spanking is the ultimate solution for that boy to become an overman. He already has it all worked out in his ever so quick and responsive mind, all the potential is already there -- he is just waiting for the right moment for the right spanker to come along.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

A spanking won't do it.

An execution, however, will.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What does being white have to do with it?

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Sorry gendanken but black, asian, and hispanic teenagers all go through the same obnoxious phase. I don’t think that whites are disproportionately irritating during their teens.

9. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Spanking...?
    Execution...?

Nahhhh...

Give 'em a tin hat,
    And give 'em a gun...

And send 'em all off to the war...

10. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

Spanking? Forget that!

Daily beatings with a variety of household items, coupled with evening a morning molestations and....fuq w/ their medication. They'll turn their anger from classmates to society as a whole and become what we all admire in America...Silent Serial Killers (an exclusive club for whites only).

11. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Thank god you don't go in for the whole myopic generalzation thing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

So what about those "white boys"? Given, they are probably miserable nerds that crave for acceptance/attention. But how should you change that? Surely, as was said, medication and beatings won´t do a thing. They would then be drugged and maltreated white boys who think they are even less worthy. And perhaps, they will even retaliate with anger and force. (if they are not too weak to lift an arm)

No, the problem might be solved by filling their time with something that increases their selfesteem. As a bonus, it will rid them of their inactivity. Obviously, parents also have to invest more time into their little brats, which means that their lifes will also get less comfortable, something I think they would not be fond of.

But hey, why not kill them, imagine what they will be when they have grown up... And they are annoying, if I think of the little assholes strutting around on the last Black Metal concert I visited... disgusting.

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Well, do you see any threads titled "I hate being a black male!" or "I hate being an Asian male!" or "I hate being a Hispanic male!"??
    No.

But there is the thread "I hate being a white male!"
    So.

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Is that some attempt at taking my name in vain?

15. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

You're right, we don't. Maybe that's because in North America - particularly the US - those other groups you make mention of label whites as the ones with the hatred. It was only a matter of time before whites started hating themselves too.

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What a coincidence. I just got a fortune cookie that told me, "Anyone who makes blanket statements is a fool."

But seriously, and I mean seriously, I have spoken out on this phenomenon many times before, trying to fulfil my duty as an "elder" (61 in a couple of weeks) of this "community."

The white American children who came of age in the 1950s and 1960s had to deal with the horrible discovery that our fathers had deployed nuclear weapons against civilian targets. And we had remarkably little help struggling with that because our fathers simply didn't talk about it.

The muthaz vaporized innocent men, women, and children in a single act of anger, in a fraction of a second, that dwarfed all previous such acts in all of history. And the reason was, basically, because they could. "You see, we got this great new weapon and we figured..."

(Spare me the debate about whether Japan would never have surrendered otherwise so they were really saving lives. And that the aggregate death toll over the span of the entire war was much higher in Tokyo. Just as many armchair historians believe that Hirohito would have eventually not been able to bear the shame of blindly leading his people to their annihilation and would finally have overruled his generals, and the population, including those in uniform, would have stood by his decision. There's no resolution to this debate except to say that if there had been no atom bombs the Allies would still have won, and that was all they really cared about.)

Add to this some other facts that they carefully avoided teaching us in school: Manzanar, Jim Crow, lynchings, the KKK, why America even bothered to take sides in World War I. We barely even touched on slavery. The Civil War was an unfortunate but glorious struggle whose outcome shaped this great country. The Salem witch trials were a Halloween legend. The Korean War began and ended and I didn't even know it was happening.

When we finally started attending university classes in the 1960s and a younger generation of professors felt that it was time we learned the truth, we were overwhelmed by the nasty things that our daddies and granddaddies and great-granddaddies did. And goddammit, here they go starting it right back up again in Vietnam???

This may seem painfully naive to you kids who grew up with full-color TV coverage of every war on the planet, but even learning that the Santa Claus whom we loved so dearly was also a lie added to the list. The inescapable conclusion was that those sweet daddies who had bought us puppies and taught us to ride bicycles were in reality evil, lying bastards.

So we simply disowned them. We wanted nothing to do with them. The media coined a great term for it: The Generation Gap. It was an entire generation of white boys rejecting all traditional masculinity. When we weren't self-medicating that intense pain between our ears with various psychoactive substances, we were discovering that the females of our generation were just as pissed off. Not necessarily over the stuff that was missing from our history books, but over the stuff that was happening to them every single day courtesy of a patriarchal society. Unprosecuted rapes, unavailability of abortion, difficulty getting into schools, not being promoted at work, expectations of being the stay-at-home parent, even plain old extremely uncomfortable and restrictive clothing.

Before long we were allowing ourselves to be initiated into adult life by women instead of men. So we learned to cry and hug and express our feelings. I have a wall full of my own works of needlepoint and I've never handled a football in my life.

This was all great. It really was. Men need to learn how to do those things. The divisions between "male" and "female" behavior norms were extreme and artificial. The world needed this enlightenment.

But then what happened when our generation started having children of their own? Every kid had two mommies. We (speaking for the generation, I have none personally) loved them to death, made them wear helmets on their bicycles, taught them to play nice and take turns, all the stuff that mommies do. But we were unable to teach them most of the stuff that daddies do: situational ethics, sacrificing today for tomorrow or for the next generation, making difficult choices, doing what you know you have to do because the good outweights the bad. Sticking up for each other to create collective strength. (American women in general still don't do that and now we don't either.)

As a result a second generation of boys grew up even further removed from the teachings of their male elders because we had been unable to separate the good from the bad -- the team spirit from the "Whites Only" drinking fountains.

And women did not live through all this unfazed. Everybody needs fathering just like everybody needs mothering. Not having to bear the scars of rejection, mothers actually did their best to fill the gap and provide some fathering. Bless women, they are so much stronger than we are. Some kids managed to grow up in a home with no father or with an effectively invisible father, and they were OK. But most women simply didn't have what it takes to deal with most boys. And providing fathering to their daughters was something that didn't even occur to most of them. There was a secret of nearly sacramental proportions that mothers in a sense didn't really like the stuff that their husbands were teaching their daughters, so omitting it from their training seemed like a great idea. Unfortunately adult women also need to be able to figure out problems in situational ethics and decide when it's appropriate to make sacrifices.

Yadda yadda. People of my generation now have great-grandchildren. This has been going on for four generations. What we've got to show for it is frightening. Corporate leaders who treat their businesses like videogames to walk away from when they get bored. Religious leaders who tell us that the definition of a good man is one who does the right thing when nobody's watching have been humping little boys when nobody was watching. Journalists lie and cheat like sixth-graders. The first President of our generation used the White House as his private love shack, and he looks like a paragon of virtue compared to the second one, who behaves like a retarded thirteen-year-old who will lie as long as he can get away with it and can't foresee the consequences of his own deeds. And a citizenry who lets him get away with it and can't foresee them either.

This is the bequest of my generation to you people. All because we believed that if we continued to let the world be controlled by people like our fathers, it would lead to our destruction.

Maybe we were right. Who can say how things might have been different without the anti-war, environmental, anti-poverty, civil rights, and various other anti-traditional masculinity movements. Would the Cold War have turned hot, with both sides using bombs much more powerful than those two primitive ones we dropped on Japan? Would all our air and water be so filthy that we'd need filters on everything? Would poor people be dying from lack of medical care? Would everyone in power be white and male? Would it still be okay to whip children with a belt for talking back?

If we were right, and that world really would be collossally worse than the one we've got, then I guess we're better off, but it's really depressing. I actually can sympathize with the generals who reached the conclusion that they had to drop the A-bomb: geeze, are we absolutely sure there's not another option that we overlooked? Were we just stupid and selfish?

Or were we just too young to be making that decision? Should we have been good little boys and waited until we were adults and then picked and chosen carefully the elements of traditional masculinity that we wanted to throw away and kept the rest? Could anybody do that? Once you grow up with a way of thinking, it's not easy to adjust it.

Thank the goddess for immigrants. Men in other countries didn't go through what we went through, especially in the countries from which we're getting such a large stream of immigrants these days. Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia. I look into these guys' eyes and I don't see the shame and indecision that I see in ours. They will build America back up, just as immigrants always have. It will be much different. But if my generation was right, it will be better. And that's what counts.

Situational ethics. Sacrificing for the future. Making tough decisions that feel bad no matter which way you choose.

Maybe we really were observing the traditional male duties and just didn't know it.

Anyway, I hope I've given you a much broader perspective on white males. We're not quite as simple as we let on. We're not even quite as simple as we believe we are.

Love you all,
    F.R.

17. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

It seems western society in general has entered a sort of introspective self-effacing phase more so than the others you mentioned. Though this leads to an inordinate amount of self loathing, and bellyaching types I think it is in the long run a good thing.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, to solve problems, you should first look for the cause in or near you; and since western society seems to be declining over the years, there must be some problems hidden somewhere. As a result, we are now looking for those problems, some blames themself, others the younger generation and some more blame foreigners.

But ultimately, most find the flaws in the people around them or even in themself, thus all this self loathing.

19. andrewsmith1986 I am death incarnate Registered Senior Member

me personally as a white male blame the white people for neearly everything from ozone destruction, global warming, most violence, and drugs. but only for the reasons that we were the smartest and came up with the things that created these catastrophe's

20. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

Fraggle...
    Brilliant! post.

I wonder how the philosophers and poets alike will react....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Rosa:
    I was being diplomatic.
    I'd rather gut him alive and shove his insides down his throat with my bare hands.
    But that's just me....and there was the prospect of getting banned for my grammar.

"I am Draco the Goth boy and my new, fancy, arrogant bloodlust has nothing to do with my not being able to cope creatively with my insignificance. Look at these scars, minion, I drink blood! I shall now tell you of my eccentric disillusions."
    At this point he will mutilate Nietzsche.
    "

And whatever manicured rebel from the past he can dig up and idolize in his confusion (Spengler, and if he really does his homework- Grant)

Fuck off.

Fraggle:
    You, I gather, have lived through both world wars. You have seen Vietnam, a cold war, the Haight Ashbury and a quarter of L.A alive with people fighting for freedoms. Yours was an age of momentum, as it was for a Venetian youth in the Renaissance or an American one in colonial times.

This is an age of sterile equilibrium where everyone is made the same and peace is a household guest that's outlived its novelty, expectations run low and boredom runs high.
    Therefore, the white male of your day is nothing like the disenfranchised little boy sitting at home with his computer with no identity, no discomfort, no momentum to keep busy.
    THUS! he makes his own discomforts and this I gather makes him feel..... pretty.
    Akin to Feydeu's play " A Flea in her Ear" where the neglected Madamme Raymmonde prays for an affair in order to have something to fight about.

Ever notice the difference between the Midwestern farmboy too busy with chores and the angry middle classed white boy sitting at home in Detroit reading Mein Kempf?

James R:
    Nada, nothing, nein.
    You are one unqualified idiot.

Nasor:
    I don't think so.
    White boy is obsessed with power. What makes him annoying is his clumsiness in attaining it.

Dreamwalker:
    That's just it- I feel its the over-mothering, pampering and adolescent breastfeeding that is propagating White Boy’s neoteny.
    How many middle classed mothers do we see on Dr. Phil’s stage bawling their eyes out, confused by little Billy or Guthrey who keeps getting in trouble?
    All of these mothers are white and fucking suffocating- its amazing to me they cannot see this.
    My mother is a drama queen and I remember my hate for her being directly proportional to her ignorance displayed by her pitiful inability to define what I was.
    Its this pitiful insistence on the part of the mother, specifically, to intrude on her little boy she cannot understand, and what is worse is her intrusions are little more than psychiatrists and psychologists exploiting another's misfortunes.

These people don't know what to do with their kids or their money, so they pay psychiatrists to help little Billy with his manicured rebellions.
    IDIOTS..

Fireguy:
    Wrong, Simplicio.
    The silent serial killer is, was, and always will be a vindictive Woman.
    Sleep with eyes open.

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Interesting point. A spanking. Is that what's needed? I wonder.

I wasn't a goth. But, I was in many respects this white boy as a teenager. Insignificance, lack of respect, boredom. Yes. All these things were part of it. Would a spanking really solve the problem?

What is needed is a way to make them significant. To show them rather than merely telling them that they are something worthy of respect. A part of a greater whole. And to show them the responsibilities that they must accept in order to gain respect.

In more primitive societies, there is a coming of age. The boys are taken off and initiated into the rites of the men. The boys are made men and shown their importance. Included within the group. In many groups, it is at this point that the boys move away from the women and move in to the men's hut. They are men. With a man's responsibilities. They are not bored and they are not insignificant.

So, it could be an aspect of our educational system that causes this. The learning that goes on so long. Till long after manhood has been reached. Insignificant for a good portion of the prime of life.

So, why white boys? Why don't the other races get in on this? And, the trend is almost unique to the middle class white boy. All you who are denying it are denying the reality in front of your face. So, why? I feel it is because the other races have racism to contend with. They feel trod upon and united with their group by this downtrodding. White boys have no similar group to bond with. It is their group that trods upon them. That makes them insignificant.

What is so interesting about this trend is how some make it through and some don't. Why? Why do some lose their grip and get a gun a shoot up the school. While others just suck it up and eventually move on to significance? Or at least more significance than utter insignificance? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. But, there must be something. Must be.

Is it that the ones who make it through are spanked and the ones who don't, aren't? Is it just random chance in which group the boy joins in which he seeks significance? Some combinations of personalities create an evil that wouldn't be there alone. They feed off each other, encourage each other to greater heights of delusion and grandeur.

Is that true? I know that many of the boys that do fall into these ways are the ones with potential. Many eschew their potential as just another hypocrisy of the world. Another lure and bait to more insignificance.

Sounds like an initiation ritual. Unfortunately, the crisis comes much sooner. Unless we are to have child soldiers...?

Or course, it's a bit of a generalization. There are some that break the rules, but you must admit that on the whole it is true.

Something that the Germans knew quite well. Hitler used this aspect of the youth to incorporate them into his schemes. Are youth organizations still as prevalent in Germany today, Dreamwalker? I've heard that the youth group wasn't new to Hitler, he merely coopted structures that were already in place.

This does bring up an interesting possibility. That this angst is in fact merely the evolutionary means of incorporating a teen (almost an adult) into the society at large. It is a crying out for significance and responsibility. It demands of the parents and society that the youth be accomodated. Unfortunately, our society is a lazy one and it's someone else's problem to fix the kids. Even your own kids.

Very interesting stuff, Fraggle. Always love your posts.

I wonder. This does seem to be the case. But don't we always hold our generation as different than any other that came before? That now at last we have arrived. The whole world has led to this, our emminent arrival upon the scene. And now here we are and no one has felt as insignificant and bored as we. Our feelings of ennui are far more powerful than any that have gone before. And the doom that hangs over our heads is far more real than the doom that hung over any other's heads.

Of course, there is an element of truth to this that can't be denied. The technology of the age has made things so easy. Transportation, entertainment, education, everything we want is at our fingertips. And, it turns out that there's nothing we want. Things just don't taste good unless they are denied, therefore we turn to the macabre. To the darkness of demons and bloodlettings. And even then, the situation pales. For we find that even in this we are catered to. That there is a store specifically marketed towards whatever form of 'rebellion' you care to name.

Once they cried out that the revolution will be televised. Now it will not only be televised, it will be mass-produced, packaged, and sold. Just for you. In a store near you. Hell, you can order right off the net if you don't want to go to the mall with out your 'look' already manufactured and ready.

23. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Lol, just telling it like it is Gendanken, if you can't see that then you truly don't have the right to call anyone else an idiot.