I cry for the world

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Weallneedtocare, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Weallneedtocare Registered Member

Yes, I agree I shouldn't have put that einstein statement in there, as it was arrogant (something I try to avoid). I have tons of comments so please bear with me.

Nebula, whoever that guy was on that "Guiltless Grill" link was totally full of himself. He is a self-proclaimed omniscient god. Don't even mention that lowlife again.

Whoever said put livestock in skyscrapers is simply inhumane. They are already cramped into the tightest horizontal space possible, not to mention stacked on top of one another in column after column, and then you want to cram them into an even tighter space?

Another thing that floored me is that this phrase was mentioned: "...killing animals humanely is ok". That is the farthest thing from the truth these days.

"It the laws of nature - survival of the fittest." Charles Darwin said that, and in its original context he never meant for it to apply to humans. Only later was that labeled for humans.

Taken from an article on health and nutrition.
    That pretty much sums it up. Whoever thinks that eating meat isn't harming the world at all apparently needs to do a bit of research before blurting out about how its not hurting anybody.
    Thank you immane1. You have just served as the prime example of half of my argument: the apathetic attitude of humans. When was the last time you hugged someone just because you were happy to be alive? I cannot stand the "nobody cares life sux then you die" attitude. Are the ones who care a dying breed?
    Earlymen were hunters. They killed and lived with its consequences in an animalistic way of life. But we have evolved intellectually and morally. We have choices now. Why choose to revert to an animal status and face its consequences when we can gracefully avoid it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Are you saying his argument was totally useless? Nevermind how you personally feel about the man, take the point he's making.

The world hunger problem IS artificial. We produce more than enough food to feed the entire world's population. However, the reason people are still going hungry is that there are distribution problems-- sadly, it isn't economically feasible for first world countries, the countries where food is abundant, to be generous.

People aren't going hungry because the animals are eating all our food.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Nature~wise, it is perfectly okay to kill any animal or any plant that we so desire. We are the superior species on this planet, at least for the most part (I'd rather not debate this point) and as such that grants us the power to let live or let die anything that we deem. Does a t-rex care if its prey is suffering? No. T-rex was the king, T-rex didn't give a damn about its fellow animals unless they could hurt him. I don't know why this law doesn't apply to humans. If we kill ourselves along the way then so be it.

I sacrificed someone to the WAR GOD Mars in a pit of fire and oil, and smiled in the faint light under all the screams, thinking "yes, I am happy to be alive."

He was one of them. I caught him while he was stoned in a net. He didn't seem to mind until I set him on fire (in fact I think he may even have been enjoying it!). So, yeah I guess I'll be hunting you guys down and decreasing the population in my own little way. Hehe, better watch out!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I speak on the behalf of everyone on planet Earth when I disagree with you.

Here's the thing. I have this little fetish when it comes to eating meat. I like to imagine that I'm actually devouring the creature while it's still alive, whether it be a cow or a pig or Laurence Smith of Apartment #356. I like to imagine that they're screaming and their eyes are wide with terror and pain. Hell, sometimes I don't even have to imagine! The best part is when you say: "screw it" and toss away the knife and fork, and just go in head first.

It doesn't look like I'll be giving up meat for awhile.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

T-rex was a scavenger...

I disagree that we should seperate ourselves from the animals and stop eating meat, my point was that we are seperating ourselves from the animals by the way we do it. Our menues are too diverse or not quite diverse enough depending on how you look at it. All this technology has given us the ability to steal food off other creatures and the eco-system wasn't ready to compensate for that.
    We can only afford to eat cows, sheep, chickens and pigs(unfortunately). We can only eat seafood if we farm it ourselves because we were never supposed to meddle with the ocean.
    Also all farming should be done in tall skyscrapers to minimize on landclearing.
    Also if an animal is lucky enough to capture and kill one of us we should let it finish its meal and leave it alone instead of hunting it down like a maniac.
    These are the problems I have with the world today, its not that we can't eat meat because we can its just that we need to do it sensibly.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

No, Bebelina, that is not true. I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt for eating meat, and you'll probably find that the reason we snap at people like you is because of stupid supercillious remarks like this one, not because I had a steak for dinner last night. Twit.

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Weallneedtocare,

You make it sound like standard procedure to kill animals that way. It's simply not true everywhere . There are laws as to how animals in slaughterhouses need to be treated. Nevertheless, I don't eat meat from those kinds of places. THe meat I eat is Kosher, meaning the animals are treated very humanely and don't suffer while being killed. They die without pain. -And are even given something of a funeral after "murder".

Which slaughterhouse were you alluding to? What country is it in? Do they really chop the animals while conscious? Is this done in all slaughterhouses? These could all be vital facts. And leaving them (in an attempt to sway your point, maybe) is wrong. We need the facts. I'm not against vegetarianism, and I'm all for animal rights, but let's not get carried away here.

10. Weallneedtocare Registered Member

How naive can you get? How arrogant can you get?
    Then do it. Go kill a cow and eat it, blood in your face and smeared all over your body. Suck the juice out of its intestines, munch on the still-warm cartilage, and totally lose yourself in the true way of a carnivore. I seriously doubt you could handle it. Only then will you have regressed into a barbaric state and truly become a true carnivore.

11. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

Weallneedtocare;
    Animals are not shoved into spaces that small. If they were, they would not be fit for human consumption. Just in case you did, if you got that info from a group like PETA, they're crap. Sorry, but even other similar groups say their material is mostly made up and their claims unfounded.

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Hahaha! That's all I can say. Why do you care so much if somebody envisions eating an animal alive? Is the amount of your argument the fact that eating meat disgusts you? Eating some steak disgusts me, mainly because I don't like it. Same with these disgusting little chicken balls (not the testicular kind

) that my mom cooked as a side dish.

It's customary to torture animals overseas during a wedding. Why don't you do something about that?

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hey, don't ask me. Ask everyone--

Everyone on planet Earth: we disagree with you! Raaa!

mmmm, reminds me of my childhood. I lived on a farm and once a year I would go out to the barn while my parents were away on business or something, find my favorite cow (who I had gotten to know over the past year) and then eat in just the way that you described. One time I almost got caught! I told my parents that I had fallen and hurt my jaw, that was why there was a ton of blood on my face. When they found the cow, I just said that I had seen some black helicopters and that these funky aliens had exited from it and taken the important organs from the cows. Somehow my parents never put two and two together.

No way man! T-rex could run in short bursts! That's all he needed to take down the sicklings or the weaklings!

14. Weallneedtocare Registered Member

PETA is too extreme. Don't use them as a basis. Use a better org like IFAW. No Elbaz my argument is not just because meat sickens me. I'm trying to bring facts to peoples attention and debate them. I am not a vegetarian missionary trying to convert everyone. If I give people the facts and then they make their own decision, then great. If not, I hope that they at least took the time to read over some stuff and learn a bit.

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Seriously, there is so much evidence suggesting t-rex was a scavenger that its not just a crazy theory any more. His brain case was almost identical to that of a vulture. His vision was poor and his sense of smell was phenomenal. The only reason he would evolve weedy arms like he had would be if he had no reason to use them. He wouldn't have sprinted because if he tripped over he wouldn't have been able to get up so he followed his nose and walked at a steady pace.
    Granted he would be able to scare anything off a carcass but he himself didn't hunt.
    Sorry.

16. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Then your motives are noble. But I still disagree with you.

I can tell from your writing that eating meat does sicken you. Or you're at least disgusted by the fact that it once jiggled around on a live, brain toting grass eater.

17. You Killed Jesus 14/88 Registered Senior Member

Vegetarianism/Veganism = Simpering

18. Nebula Occasionally Frequent Registered Senior Member

Weallneedtocare;

It's been noted that you've ignored my post

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hey, is it wrong to eat something that eats meat? Because then, aren't you saving more lives by eating the meat eater? Am I right? Am I right? Huh?

Oh, well I'm sorry too. Scavengers, the ones that I'm aware of, tend to not be as large as t-rex was. In fact, I think that they're a hellofa lot smaller. So, why did t-rex get so big? Because it needed to take down the really big dinosaurs that lived along with it. Hardly any other animal could do such a thing unless they were in teams (like the ultra mega cool utahraptor), and at great risk even then. Rex could bring anything it wanted to the ground, its prey was probably too big to run away in the first place.

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Pollux V
    Oh, well I'm sorry too. Scavengers, the ones that I'm aware of, tend to not be as large as t-rex was. In fact, I think that they're a hellofa lot smaller. So, why did t-rex get so big?
    Predators tend to not be as large as t-rex. Dinosaurs were big. I'm disapointed at your counter argument so far.
    Because it needed to take down the really big dinosaurs that lived along with it. Hardly any other animal could do such a thing unless they were in teams (like the ultra mega cool utahraptor), and at great risk even then.
    And? What takes down elephants? Some animals don't have predators. But with that many huge rotting carcasses lieing around there needed to be a scavenger with an enormous appetite.
    Rex could bring anything it wanted to the ground, its prey was probably too big to run away in the first place.
    Rex wouldn't go for anything that could put up any struggle, he was constantly at risk of falling over which would do him serious damage. His skull was extremely huge and heavy, his arms couldn't break his fall, if he fell his jaw would hit the ground with so much force that he would be dead or mortally wounded.
    Thankfully he wouldn't have fallen over much because he would have been casually walking around in search of corpses all the time.

21. Weallneedtocare Registered Member

Simpering- (n.) A silly, self-conscious, often coy smile.
    YouKilledJ - your "insult" makes no sense at all. As far as I know there is no stereotype concerning vegetarians always walking around with a coy smile.

Nebula- No I didn't ignore your post.
    Not necessarily true. At least thats the conclusion I made based on the facts I was given.

One final statement I'm going to make is that I'm appauled at the kind of response I got for asking a question and providing a few facts and my opinion. I often wonder what age groups occupy this board? Sounds like arrogant teenagers to me, of course I could be wrong.

The way I see it, as a whole this community is very resistant to new ideas and change. Not only are they shunned, but they are quickly shot down and ridicule is placed on whoever wrote it.

It was once thought of as completely normal to own a slave and treat them like crap. Look where we are now. Once it was thought that women had no rights. Things have a tendency to change for the better over time.

22. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Ya know, lettuce grows, it's alive. Why don't you break into the local cafeteria and free the salad?

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I've gotta say that I am even more appauled than you to hear this comment indirectly directed at me! To think, me, a teenager...my god what is the world coming to...

Well it depends on who writes what. When someone criticizes me for not hugging everyone I see just because of how happy I am to be alive I start to doubt their argument(s). Call me crazy.

Debatable. Men are evil, women are bad