I can see minute internal molecules/particles in air with my NAKED EYES. what I do?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Golden_eyes, May 27, 2008.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Y'know, if it were almost anybody else, I'd be comfortable assuming you're kidding.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Rest easy......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gebobs Registered Member

Perhaps Loparz is talking about the auras like those associated with retinal migraines. My wife, who had been having migraines for many years, had this several years ago. She thought she was having a stroke. The doctor assured her that it was just an retinal migraine aura and that she should expect the typical migraine attack to come. She was spot on and it was a doozy.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th-aura/multimedia/migraine-aura/vid-20084707

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hadn't seen this comment before.

I don't know a lot about migraines but I suspect you're taking this word too literally in the context of migraines.

I believe aura simply means a sensory deficit one gets before the onset of a migraine. It's not meant to refer to some woo field surrounding the body or anything.

"...medical professionals have believed aura to be caused due to blood vessels in the brain constricting. However, more recent explanations point to the hyperexcitability of brain cells causing changes to the brain’s chemistry, which in turn affects peoples’ ordinary senses and perceptions."
    http://www.migraine.org.uk/js/plugins/filemanager/files/downloads/What_is_migraine_aura.pdf

"Auras are usually visual but can also be sensory, motor or verbal disturbances. Visual auras are most common. A visual aura is like an electrical or chemical wave that moves across the visual cortex of your brain. ... As the activation spreads during an aura, a person loses normal visual function. ...

The best known visual aura is called a fortification spectrum because its pattern resembles the walls of a medieval fort. It may start as a small hole of light or sometimes as bright geometrical lines and shapes in your visual field.

This visual aura may expand into a sickle- or C-shaped object, with zigzag lines on the leading edge. As it moves, it may appear to grow. Auras aren't the same for everyone, so you might also experience bright spots or flashes. Auras are sometimes accompanied by a partial loss of vision referred to as a scotoma. Auras commonly last 10 to 30 minutes."
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...th-aura/multimedia/migraine-aura/vid-20084707

Last edited: May 10, 2018