I am a pathetic 26 year old virgin

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Cortex_Colossum, Feb 10, 2009.

1. John99 Banned Banned

usually if they have something going for themselves they would want to be with someone who has a career and stability. there are exceptions but i dont blame people for that and it is the smart thing to do.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Moderator Note

This thread has been split. I've attempted to give the OP back there original thread, while moving what can be called "Draqon's Thread Hijacking" to a different thread. Please keep this thread clear of Draqon paraphernalia.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

I agree with that, but what I'm saying is that you don't have to 'lure' women with money, like Draqon proposes. I don't care how rich you are, if you are a jack-ass or have mass emotional baggage, many women will not be 'lured', IMO. In fact, even using the term 'lure' sounds rather creepy and sort of like something a stalker or serial killer might do.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. frattman Registered Member

Some people have higher standards than others - that's not necessarily a bad thing if that's the case with you. You can hold out for the right one, but take some chances with the wrong ones in the meantime, it'll give you some much needed practice!

8. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

looks like you've won already,financially at least,getting laid aint such a big deal,if you have enough money.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

to find a true love that isnt only interested in you for your money will be much harder imo.
    btw theres nothing pathetic about being a virgin,think of it as remaining pure,

brings to mind this funny movie
    http://www.mysoju.com/stand-up/

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

About $50-$100 for 30 minutes.

10. thinking Banned Banned

try computer dating

why not ?

the odds of finding your soul mate by going to bars are so slim as to be ridiculous

or explore women in your hobbies

enjoy the search

11. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Assuming for the moment the rest of your post is valid, they are NOT leading NORMAL lives.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

But still functional, yes? They aren't depressed or upset?

Henry Rollins: Of course, I don't. It is just that I don't want a wife and I don't want kids. I'm 36 and if I met a woman of my own age and married her, I'd also be marrying her former life, her past. It might be OK for some people – I don't want to judge it or anything – but it's not for me. It would destroy my creativity.

Me and Rollins are a like in some ways. For one, we both recognize that marriage is a life time commitment. Some people just don't like to be committed to anything and enjoy total freedom. Selfish? Maybe... but as long as the guy didn't plant his seed in her and make her pregnant, they both enjoy the same freedom to leave anytime.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, so you are a dope fiend. Not cool.

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Phlog's right in this instance. Seriously if you want to try and find a women in your life, I'd really suggest that you stop any drugs that you do. While you might find that "Getting high" is the Social highpoint of your life, it tends to effect a persons reasoning, memory as well as increase the chances of mood swings.

Admittedly some will support smoking pot and state how it hasn't effected them, however they'll neglect to mention the myriad of details that usually comes with a relationship. Like for instance... how often they argue as opposed to those that don't get wasted and are in a relationship.

In fact to be honest I think if you did quit the drugs for a duration, you'd find yourself making decisions that you feel at the moment you can't make. In this instance you are asking a forum for their opinion on how to get you to pull your life together. This is something that you alone are going to have todo, but for you to do that you've got to work out what makes you currently live in the shadows of others and that will likely be because most of the time you are usually stoned.

At the end of the day though, you claim to be 26, that's old enough to make your own decisions so it's up to you to either take advice or shoot it down while lighting up another reefer.

15. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, Stryder but while your post has much truth to offer regarding drug use, it's a completely inappropriate response to the VERY limited information shared by our new member.
    Based on details disclosed in this thread, you have absolutely NO insight to the frequency and manner in which this person uses drugs.

But, hey, it's your nature, here, to be assuming and we love you for it. In this instance, however can we not hear the case before passing the judgment?

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

No it's not. It's salient and pertinent. The kid is a stoner loser, asking strangers for advice. Stryder gave the best advice he could, given the information he had, and it would not be responsible for him to condone drug use, so what else could he have said?

17. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Didn't sound like a long time pot head to me.

No matter, between your insults and reading about Draqon's life he's probably already slit his wrists. :bugeye:

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

26 and a virgin, bleating about it on a forum, makes him a self pitying loser. I wonder what's the cause of that?

19. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Brad Pitt Smokes pot.

That's not an endorsement of pot, it's gaping hole in your piss poor argument. Drugs alone have gotten more people laid than anything I can think of. Infact, I've seen men who are physically repulsive to look at bag three extremely beautiful girls at a time with nothing more than the implication of sharing a vile of cocaine with them.

Again, I'm suggesting that while Pot is not great for motivation or the self image, I highly doubt that it's the main cause of this man's inability to get laid. To use one reference to pot to degrade him and suggest that quitting is the magic bullet for success with the opposite sex is just ridiculous.It's like prescribing an asprine for cancer.

It sounds especially silly when you have NO CLUE to what extent it's even being used.

It's great to rail against Drugs, they're nasty and dangerous, but let's be honest with ourselves, shall we?

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The best way to meet women with whom you have something in common is to go out and do the things you like to do and talk to the women you meet there who are also doing those things. If you're standing next to a woman at a daffodil show or a book signing or a Star Trek convention or the cafe at an art museum or the ticket line for a movie and you start talking to her, you'll be talking naturally about something that interests both of you, rather than "hitting on her." Maybe you'll set off a spark and maybe you won't, but at least you'll have an enjoyable conversation, if only for a few minutes, and it will help you get over your awkward feelings about meeting women.

Talk to a woman you meet the same way you'd talk to a man in the same situation. You're not in high school any more, so you don't have to play those stupid games the kids used to play. It's quite possible to relate to a person of the opposite sex as a human being rather than as a person of the opposite sex. And a relationship like that can blossom into romance. My wife and I were "just" friends for a long time because we were both dating other people.

Everybody here wants to give you instructions on going to bars and playing the game. Yes, there are women who want you to play the game, but why bother with them, since playing the game isn't something you want to do? It's doubtful that you'd ever be happy with someone like that, so why waste your time on her?

Wherever you go, whatever you do, you're going to meet people who like to go to those places and do those things. If you go to bars, it is absolutely certain that you're going to meet people who like to go to bars and drink. Is that the kind of woman you want a relationship with?

At least go to a bar with live music, there will be a few people there who came for the music and you'll easily spot each other. Besides, you might walk into a bar where my band is playing and you'll help us get a return gig.

The problem many people have in this situation is that they don't actually have anything they like to do, so they won't ever meet people in the places where those things are done. This is a much deeper problem than being shy or awkward. This is being shallow.
    If smoking pot is part of who he is, then pretending to be somebody else isn't going to help, and in fact it's deceitful. We're not talking about heroin here, but a drug that's more benign than alcohol, safer than tobacco, more peaceful than caffeine, and less addictive than all three.

The last thing on earth this guy needs is to hook up with a woman who doesn't like pot and will spend the rest of his life bitching about it.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I agree. I would want to know up front if the guy I was interested in was involved in illegal activities. Especially if I have children.

22. draqon Banned Banned

well there are lots of girls in USA who smoke pot, ginormous amounts of them, so I am sure this pathetic 26 year old will find some panties to take off.

23. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Pay a hooker and get laid. :shrug: