Hypothetical Question

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by darksidZz, May 9, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed May 24, 2007.
  1. I would believe it

23.1%
  2. I wouldn't believe it

53.8%
  3. I'm not sure what I would do :(

23.1%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Just what my sick and dellusional friend Chris thinks, what a crock of shit.

Isn't that what a god is?

Weird :shrug:

Are you kidding? That's all he got credit for, nobody would've given 1 damn about the f'er otherwise.

What lies, you're as psycho as my friend Chris and his whore wife.

I ask questions to trap, then interrogate!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Nothing will convince me, there is always a scientific reason for an effect, thus Jesus himself follows certain laws of the universe which cannot be ignored, thus he is no god but a slave just like the rest of us, die Christians!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Christians are evil so that's why

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

None of that proves he wasn't the anointed son of God.
    Where does the Bible say he broke "the laws of the universe"?
    Why does it necessarily mean that of he didn't "break the laws of the universe", he can't be who he said he was?
    Leaving the silly parlor ticks aside (which were likely latter additions by the early church fathers, anway), by saying that there is no way for you to ever be convinced that Jesus was/is the anointed and holy son of God (regardless of what evidence you may be offered) then you are no different at all than believing Christinas who you think are so blind and closed-minded.

8. Positron Agony: Not all pain is gain Registered Senior Member

Oh dear DarksidZz, I didn't expect you to respond in such a hostile way....Or to respond at all....I havent even attacked you and you attack me with guns blazing. All you have done for me is affirm your ignorance. What one raven said was right. By closing your mind arent you just lowering yourself to the level of the institutionalist christian?

It seems to me you have an issue with this "Chris" Character that you have unfairly unleashed upon me. You just keep throwing your angry emotions out rather than trying to conrol them, We'll see when you collapse into a state of self despair and depression. Seen your case so many times before.

respond angrily and watch yourself. Watch yourself feel no better than you have. Know this, I will not yeild and give you any satisfaction.

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

This is precisely what I'd expect from someone the believes in Christ.

10. Positron Agony: Not all pain is gain Registered Senior Member

I suppose, but at least I dont maul people when they disagree with me. I dont care what you think, but when you attack me for what I do, then it becomes my problem.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I am not attacking you :shrug:

12. Positron Agony: Not all pain is gain Registered Senior Member

then i apologize for getting your err, previous language as an attack but when you insult my god, I take it as an insult.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Your god? oh brother..

14. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I get this distinct "feeling" that I am going to win the lottery this weekend. I also get the distinct feeling that the girl over there by the bar really does fancy me and wants to take me home and gimme good nookie.

Of what worth exactly are "feelings" to reality?

But it can be shown clearly that jesus isn't god and thus should not be worshipped in such manner.

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I would begin to worry that I was becoming Schizophrenic.

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

Miracles do not demonstrate divinity itself....this would only prove that supernatural things really do exist....what determines if the guy is Jesus or an incarnation of God would be if he has full knowledge of the truth....like other advanced beings (Jesus, Buddha)...

Also, you are clear example of what it means to have pure blind atheistic faith...."I won't believe in God or the Bible or anything no matter what"

17. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

And how, with you not having "full knowledge of the truth", would you determine that what he says is the full truth? How would you establish that this man indeed has full knowledge of the truth, whatever that might be?

To work out that jesus can't be god, one simply needs to read his words.

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What makes you presume that anything could change my mind? I'm a man of reason. Science is a belief system based on reason, so on that basis I categorize myself as a scientist. Religion is a belief system based on faith. I am not a man of faith. To ask me what it would take to make me religious is to ask what it would take to convert me from reason to faith. I suppose the answer would be senility or some other mental illness.
    It looks like this scenario has already been beaten to death. Our failure to understand something does not automatically "prove" that it is supernatural. All it "proves" is that we're not as smart as we think we are.

You need to read up on the "Cargo Cult," a phenomenon of the Stone Age tribes of New Guinea who were exposed to 20th century technology during World War II. They found all these crashed airplanes full of what appeared to be magical commodities. Their representatives were taken on an exhaustive tour of the mines, smelters, factories, and other plants where these artifacts were created, and they still went home believing that it was all done by "gods."
    We don't "know" that god is fake. That is going beyond science into pure arrogance. We don't "know" something is wrong until it is disproven, and religious belief systems are crafted so as not to be disprovable. That makes them kind of lame, but lame isn't the same as fake.
    You got yourself in hot water with this one and you deserved it. You need to improve the way you express yourself.

I have said something similar to this in many threads without getting flamed for it. The point I make is that monotheism is an impotent model of the human spirit because by definition it is one-dimensional: everything falls somewhere on a linear scale between good and evil. Whereas the human spirit has something like 23 dimensions, according to everyone from the ancient polytheists to Shakespeare to Jung to a TV soap operas. Compressing those 23 dimensions into one in essence suppresses a good part of every Christian's spirit. This forces many instincts and desires down into what Jung calls "the Shadow" where they rot and fester. When this happens to one person you get a little antisocial behavior and you get over it. When this happens to an entire community of hundreds of millions of people you get war, genocide, and the obliteration of entire civilizations. (Egypt, Aztec and Inca were all destroyed by the armies of monotheistic civilizations.)

Now this is what I call evil and nobody tries to deny it. But I'm not calling individual Christians evil. It's the way in which their religion has evolved that is evil. Perhaps they will yet find a way to fix it. If not, they seem ready to fight it out with the Muslims, who have the same problem with their own monotheistic religion. War being what it is, if this happens it's very likely that the winner will be the more evil of the two.

This is an idea worth discussing. What you're doing is nothing more than flaming, and you're getting flamed back for it.
    This is not atheistic faith. This is science.

To believe in something that has been proven is mathematics.

To believe in something for which there is a huge weight of evidence, but which could be disproven, is science.

To believe in something just because you think it's nice... that is faith. I have no objection to people building their lives on faith, but I do have an objection to people attempting to convince me that I should share their faith when faith is a purely personal matter.

I won't believe in a god until someone presents a huge weight of evidence for the existence of a god. So far there is virtually none. Gods show themselves to one person or a small group of people at a time, and even these highly suspicious phenomena conveniently stopped happening about the same time man invented recording technology. Most of the things that are attributed to divine intervention nowadays are pathetically simple stage magic. Those that have not yet been explained do not compel me to say "Oh wow, I guess there really is a god." That's the fallacy of the Cargo Cult. As I said, you guys should all read up on it.

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Wow that's amazing.

Interesting observation on the human psyche.

I see similar examples here on Sciforums....

20. John99 Banned Banned

You really havent been exposed to much.

Many people in modern times have come and gone claiming to be Christ (find a list yourself), and other biblical figures, none that i know of have been believed.

Believing in Christ is one thing, saying you know for sure that there is no other entity w\ far superior intellect, you can call 'it' GOD or somehting else, is an impossible claim and more people think it IS possible\probable than do not.

IN some way's the term God is more significant than the actual concept. Modern science lacks tha ability to answer too many question's and get's far too many thing completely wrong.

Recently a thread was made on IVF, we are living in time when population control should be important yet science has brought us this technique that is kind of primitive if you think about it long enough. And what about the birthing of six and eight babies at a time? Is that normal? You dont see this happening in nature do you?

And the thread was on a serious defect, if some kid was born with three balls they would call it evolution.

The main question to ask is how do you get the universe and the planets from NOTHING, just does'nt seem likely.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Not to mention the concept of purpose.

22. Singularity Banned Banned

Let me tell Ya about the real miracle GOD is supposed to do.

When James R closes my thread i will say i hope James R goes to hell for that evil did.

But thats the rule fo GODs world, in a better world if James R is wrongfully locks up threads then he should suffer just on doing that act and GOD should restore the thread after punishing James R.

But in this fucking gods world the innocent people suffer while the evil enjoy for their life times.

Let GOD change this and i promise i will pray that fucker :worship: .

23. John99 Banned Banned

^he he he....

From what i can tell thats true.

but he has a wife, edit:nevermind, pushing my luck.....

Last edited: May 12, 2007