Humans are robots

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Teddybot, May 22, 2009.

1. Cybernetics Registered Member

Mike47 you seem to have failed to read the whole thread completely, that is not what this thread is dicusing. the OP contains an explantaion of the idea so please at least make an atempt to read the OP in future.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I don't think many, if any, sane people would argue that physical particles do not follow cause and effect - that is not what is at issue here.
    What is at issue, is that we have barely scratched the surface of how the brain works, and we certainly do not have anything close to an understanding of how the mind works.

Do you think that thoughts (not discrete electrochemical reactions in the brain, but the results of those interactions) are matter?
    I don't.
    Does anyone know?
    Of course not.

As I said earlier - synergy.
    The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

What is racism?
    It is certainly not matter or energy (in any classical, scientific sense of the words) but it still does exist as an entity.
    It interrects with our perceptions. It has a very real effect on our lives. However, can you say with any real authority that it follows strict cause and effect principles? Of course not.

I hold the same is true for our thoughts.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

An i suspect ther are sane people who beleive that the mind an brane are somhow seperate but in spite of that i thank the brane will be figered out soom enuff.!!!

If not matter... what do you thank thouts are.???

Edit:::

You thank we have it... so what is you'r definiton of "free-will".???

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

You thank we have it... so what is you'r definiton of "free-will".???

Stryder???... anyone.???

8. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

pff,damn...did not read the whole thread.
    Thoughts are matter in fact,thoughts are made of brain cells,synapses etc,there are matter.
    Racism and every thought,and every action ,anything a human does is physics,u dont see the big picture.
    Stryder said this

"A simply example is a stylised woman deciding that she doesn't want to take her red handbag to a dinner because it doesn't match her black shoes. It's not following a physics logic, it's following a lifeforms folly in regards to taste."
    fail.

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is a "lifeforms folly" somptin which is seperate from the brane.???

10. Doreen Valued Senior Member

None of us are separate from branes - given that our universe is a 3-brane, or brains for that matter - given they tend to be involved in most things we do, if they exist that is.

I love how your post could be talking about neuroscience or physics.

It is a mystery. Or a pun. Or a spelling mistake, but a fortuitous one.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well at leas thers no evidence of it... that i know of... but i woud have guessed that you thout consciousness was a seperate "thang" from our branes... an was a-kin to the thang which allows our dreams to tell us what the future will be.!!!

12. siledre Registered Senior Member

I'm a lazy robot

13. Steven Genieus Registered Member

I dont beleive we are robots because we would of been programed not to know it that we are robots.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

But im programed to thank im a robot :shrug:

15. Steven Genieus Registered Member

that is a point, okay so we could be organic robots with variable thoughts to where we are robots.

16. Dredd Dredd Registered Senior Member

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Humans aren't robots, robots have a specific purpose or mission, humans have live lives where the parameters and the rules are dynamic

18. Doreen Valued Senior Member

A robot would not know this. Though it could be programmed to write it.

19. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I experience consciousness. I have no idea what people are referring to when they talk about brains, or branes for that matter.

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What do you thank consciousness is.???

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dout you know this for certan.!!!

22. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Can you link me to a robot capable of knowing that? (I assume it was the first sentence you were reacting to). I know of know robot where the makers claim it actually knows things. Hence.....

23. Doreen Valued Senior Member

No idea. But everything else we talk about is something we learned via consciousness. Even words like 'brain' refer to experiences we had or other people had. Experiences that occurred in consciousness. (very hard to get around sloppy wording when referring to consciousness, but that was the best I could do.)