Humanistic Behaviorism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Asexperia, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

You thought that by being a psychologist I would support homosexuality?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

To Aqueous:
    I apologize, it isn't my intention to offend somebody.

People are free to choose their sexual orientation and also to express their thoughts. That is democracy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

I don't have anything to prove. Don't think I've offended. You've gone to the personal.

There is a common trait among people, reject outright the opinion of others. Truth is relative, no one has the absolute truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Trait Theory of Personality: Gordon Allport

[video=youtube;ftRcWvHDhg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftRcWvHDhg0[/video]

GORDON W. ALLPORT

Born: November 11, 1897, Montezuma
    Died: October 9, 1967, Cambridge
    Education: Harvard University
    Books: The nature of prejudice, The individual and his religion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bells Staff Member

That homosexuality favours AIDS or that AIDS favours homosexuals (or homosexuality)?

Both are completely and utterly incorrect.

Quite the contrary, in fact.

Trooper and Seagypsy, this is something I am watching very very closely and I am ready to moderate the moment the need arises. I rather maintain that control here than risk this getting worse in another sub-forum where it may not be so closely monitored, if that makes sense?

9. Bells Staff Member

I think she was probably under the assumption that as an educated individual in your supposed field, you would understand homosexuality.

While we are free to express our thoughts, our sexual orientation is not one that comes about by choice.

Tell me, how did you decide that you would be attracted to the opposite sex? How did you make that conscious and deliberate decision? Or was it something that just came naturally to you without thought? And why do you assume this is somehow different for homosexuals?

Actually, this is not a democracy.

10. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Yes, that makes sense. I see your point, Bells.

Well, I’m done with him. Not up for discussing psychology with a psychologist who needs therapy himself. :crazy:

Enjoy your day, Bells.

[video=youtube;VW5-IErNxuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5-IErNxuM[/video]

11. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

I said it is a matter of genetics, hormonal. It's an instinctive impulse.

What is it? How do you call it?

12. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Over and out again.

13. Bells Staff Member

Well thus far you have gone from hormonal, to choice, to genetics and now, instinctive impulse.

Which is it for you?

This forum is not a democracy. Never has been.

14. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

It's an interaction of these factors.

Like all.

15. Bells Staff Member

I see.

Please explain how this is so.

I am sure you also have a mountain of psychological studies to back this up? Just link them and I shall read them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

It's a process, step by step:

1- Inheritance of genes.

2- Elaboration of hormones at puberty.

3- And then the instinct.

That's not necessary.

17. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

OK, that someone tell me why support homosexuality, maybe I'll change mi mind, try to convince me. With all respect.

18. Bells Staff Member

You believe that one somehow becomes homosexual because of these steps?

Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

I guess one should ask, why do you differ so much from the norm that exists within your profession?

Yes, it is.

For the exact same reason you would support heterosexuality. However, you are approaching this in a very bigoted fashion. It is not so much support as it is acceptance. Do you accept that to be homosexual is to be normal?

The feelings of attraction, the natural feelings that a heterosexual person may feel towards another of the opposite is as normal and the same as the exact same feelings a homosexual person may feel towards another of the same sex.

19. Gorlitz Iron Man Registered Senior Member

I don't really see how you can disciminate, you either agree that any sexuality is justified or you spend ages trying to look for a way to discriminate in favour of one over another. For an awful long time homosexuality was seen as wrong and harmful now it isn't and it's no longer considered acceptable to suggest it is. If you want something to criticize why don't you choose something acceptable that still has a bandwagon to jump aboard.

20. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Yes, but with two conditions: that they don't adopt children and they create their own social sphere.

4- The feeligns of attraction.

21. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Well, I don't want to have enemies.

Now:
    XII. - We can have sex,
    Without becoming exhausted.

You have to be more precise.

22. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Then why claim: "I reject homosexuality but not homosexual people."? Your two 'conditions' have nothing to do with your backdated claims towards abnormal behavior in sexuality, and the reason why we suppose you reject homosexuality. And, what's a 'social sphere'? You mean, like, the gay village, disco, and the YMCA?

And I'm sure gay people have felt the same way.

23. Gorlitz Iron Man Registered Senior Member

I just think there are plenty of other groups you could choose to single out for critism, homosexuals have had to suffer prejudice and even criminality for a long long time. Isn't it time they deserved a break, I mean surely if they had any choice over it they would have changed and wouldn't have spent decades being persecuted. I am mean ok some people may still think it's wrong, but why can't they keep their opinions to themselves it's not like it's hurting anyone so why do we have to judge them? I have some gay friends and they are happy so what's wrong with that? I say live and let live. That bandwagon's long gone so maybe time to get off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.