Human of the future

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by GRO$$, Sep 28, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No, because in a million years there probably won't be a human any more.
    Not in this way it won't...
    Oh no, really not.
    I wonder how and if life exists then, in a million years.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

And why not? One hundred years from now, assuming we don't destroy ourselves which I think is VERY unlikely, we'll have at least one colony on mars and maybe even one on Europa with technologies that we cannot begin to imagine. If we follow the same path through time and accelerate our technologies then we'll have conquered the known universe in a million years! Once you do that it is impossible for us to die out. There is no way whatsoever, unless the universe explodes inexplicably, which would REALLY suck.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Will we be considered "alive" in a million years? Or will we just be balls of energy (Babylon 5...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)? Would we now consider ourselves in the future alive?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

How about Spacial rift inversion....
    Instead of our sun reaching a critical mass and need more fuel and expanding, it sucks us into it's centre at such high speed that our energy gets spouted out it's back... or should I say down here right now... Next time it's sunny realise your futures smiling on you

Of course all those sorts of occurances would be well to far in the future to even worry about. In fact looking at that could add a whole new twist to the subject.

I know people mention that they are concerned that we wont survive as a specie because of warring, but who's to say we will survive long enough as individuals???? Tomorrow a bus could mow you down, or you could suddenly find yourself falling through the earth to the depths of a casym below...

I really hate it when you have some personal planning person ask you, "What do you see yourself doing in five years?", My answer should be, "I don't even know what I'm going to eat tonight."

(still say my pond scum beats an energy ball

)

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There we go again.
    Before Earth explodes or something else bad happens, we have a colony on Mars or whatever Planet humans choose...
    What bullshit.
    We, humans, will conquer Space and pollute it, the way we are used to.
    And if this Planet is destroyed also by the ever friendly, never hostile, humans, we go look for another Planet, why not...

Ridiculous......
    I hope all Universe explodes then!!!Pollutioners, destroyers, killers....That is what humans are nowadays.
    I suggest you start to look at your own life and then be honest.
    You really want these fighting, destroying humans, to colonise in Space? And go on destroying, fighting, polluting and so on?
    And don't tell me again about the sun which will melt all the mess we throw into Space. Enough is enough, even in Space...

And then again, who says we are alone in this Universe? This big, big Universe. All kind of Beings can live there.
    And you may call me an idiot, I don't care...

9. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

You are too pessimistic Banshee

I think well survive for a little while... im sure humans wil be around in 1000 years.

I think of it this way... violent people kill each other, therefore non-violent people survive more than violent people... therefore the world gets less violent.

Just my little theory. If you look at history youll have to agree though

We are much less violent than we were in the past... I am positiveI will see world peace within my lifetime... Maybe im too optimistic (people often say taht), but i consider optimism a good thing

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yes, slowly, ever so slowly all evil in the world is being rooted out. A thousand years ago mankind was controlled by the church and corrupt empires. Now democracies where people are the source of power are everywhere and will soon completely control the world. What comes next?

Pollution will soon not matter any more. When we spread the seed of our species across the galaxy we will never go extinct. The species of this world will be categorized and their dna will be taken so we can clone them in the future and ensure their survival as well.

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Thank you for making me laugh.

Maybe pessimistic, but realistic...
    What do you want more?
    If you want to change the World, start with yourself.

GRO$$, I will see you in a thousand years, ok?
    I hope we are still here in thousand years.
    And I am so wondering, how the Earth will look like.
    Aren't you?
    One big, polluted mess, yes!
    Haha. Sorry.

I will be serious now. Maybe we are here in thousand years, ok. And then what? You think we look different? Why? People look like this since the new born baby jezus came upon this world. (so they say)
    Only a little smaller. That is because of all the poisoned food we have to eat nowadays. That is why people grow taller and have more back problems.
    But ok. I will look for you over a thousand years GRO$$, you bet.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I wish they sold apprehension in a pill or something banshee, it looks like you could use a few pops.

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Oh Shrike, don't you worry.
    I know how to do that myself. Never heard of the good marijuana, grown here, in the Netherlands. Great to make you feel better.
    But any way, that is not what I mean. I look pessimistic to you and others. That is good. Maybe some of you start to think. And every single person who realizes we do wrong to the Earth is one again...
    So you see, I hope you see what I mean, because I mean this very serious. Humans are poisoning Earth with their chemicals and other garbage. And all their wars. Religious or not, it is all poison to Nature. All bombs and war weaponary are poison to the Earth and to Nature.
    Oh, why should you care about that?
    It will last your life...
    Well, maybe it does, and then, the rest may die?
    Oh no, I forgot. You colonize in Space, haha.
    Yeah, sure, dream on, haha.
    Talk to you later.
    Bye.

14. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

And whats wrong with dreaming?

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with dreaming GRO$$, nothing wrong with dreaming.
    Really...

16. kmguru Staff Member

As technology improves, pollution will be gone the way 78 rpm records...

Cars will run on electricity
    Electricity will come from fuel cells, fusion
    Chemicals will come from molecular synthesis a la replicator

In other words...the world of Star Trek where only pollution is human waste....and thoughts...

Only if we can move another 200 years without major incidents...

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think I'll stay away from the pot for now at least. Is it legal in the Netherlands to smoke it?

I heard an interesting theory about why we were put on Earth. Humans are the first species ever that have the power to keep any species on Earth alive forever, as well as the power to take it's life away. We have the ability right now to clone a passenger pigeon or a dodo bird or a few thousand more blue whales or minky whales. Polluting is the waste of the project and will be dealt with and, hopefully erased shortly.

And we will, in time be masters of the universe.

Feel free to make that your quote [anyone].

18. Edufer Tired warrior Registered Senior Member

banshee, banshee...

banshee have said: <font color=blue><B>And let's get real. Future human beings??? Let's see if there is a future. Maybe then, we have Future human beings. First let us take care of Nature. Nature is killed by us, humans. Nature can take revenge. It happened in Ancient Times. It will happen again.

We, humans, will conquer Space and pollute it, the way we are used to. And if this Planet is destroyed also by the ever friendly, never hostile, humans, we go look for another Planet, why not... </B></font>

Banshee: how about some optimism in your life? let me quote somebody that deserves to be heard:
    <I><font color=red><B>Dixie Lee Ray</B></font>, marine biologist, former governor of Washington State, U.S.A., ex Chairman of the <b>U.S. Atomic Energy Commission</b>, Assistant Secretary of State in the U.S. Bureau of Oceans, awarded the <b>United Nations Peace Prize</B>, voted <b>Woman of the Year</B> in 1973 by Ladies´ Home Journal.</I>

"<b>AS WE APPROACH</B> the twenty-first century, we’re given more than ever to reflecting upon what our society is all about, what our country means, what modern civilization has achieved, and, rnost of all, what the future promises to bring ... We can expect an endless supply of problems; some people have doubts about our science, our technology, and the way we use our knowledge. We have some hopes and many fears. We must wonder a little about our age. How old are we, anyway? "

"Human society has been around a long time, but recorded history goes back only about 6,000 years. The earth has been around between four and Five billion years, and every generation of human beings that lives on it thinks its problems are the worst and that hurnankind has never faced such difficulties before. <b>Most of us believe that unless we solve our problems now, all will be lost.</B> It’s sobering to dwell upon how long humans have survived in a frequently hostile environment. We don’t have claws, talons, or fangs. We have no barbs or poison glands to protect ourselves. We don’t even have any fur or feathers to keep us warm when the ambient temperature drops; indeed, in our birthday suits, we are ill-adapted to live anywhere, except in the rather warm tropics."

"Our eyesight is not so good as that of most birds; our hearing is less keen than that of almost all of the higher animals; and our sense of smell is nothing compared to that of most fish and mammals. We can be outrun on land and outswum in the seas. Yet, with all these difficulties, we’ve made it somehow. We have managed to penetrate every ecological niche, and we are able to survive in every environmental climate and condition anywhere on earth. No other species of higher life can do so. You don’t find polar bears swimming in a tropical sea; cactus does not grow in a rain forest. Plants and animals have their own ecological and environmental niches, and they are restricted to them. What, then, are our advantages?"

"First, <font color=red><b>we have a brain</B></font> – a brain the likes of which is not seen in any other higher animal. That brain is capable of abstract thought; that brain can solve problems. We have developed a means of communication through human language that so far exceeds cornmunication among other animals as to be in a completely different category. We are learning a good deal more about animal language and animal communication, but to compare even that of the higher primates or of whales and dolphins to the language capabilities of human beings is to overlook the enormous diversity of expression, the implications and nuances of words in the thousands of languages that exist among human beings. Abstract thought and language lead to systernatized thinking, which leads to learning, the highest activity human beings engage in."

"Learning and teaching, <font color=red><b>the buildup of knowledge</B></font>, the questioning of truth, the development of philosophical systems, the practical applications of ideas – <font color=red><B>these are the things that distinguish humans from all other living things.</B></font> When we join thoughts, speech, and learning to the peculiar capability to walk on two legs – thus freeing our arms – and the development of dextrous hands, we have a physical form that is tru1y remarkable in the animal kingdom. These gifts give us the ability to rnanufacture tools and gadgets of all kinds. They give us the ability to create engines and machines that utilize non-living energy, making the already muscle power of slaves and beasts of burden unnecessary in modern society."

"It is through our technology that we have been able to fly far away from earth to learn, in truth, how precious it is. It is no coincidence that our awakening to the special nature of our world and to its uniquely balanced environment and its limitations coincided with our first glimpse of earth from outer space, through the eyes of astronauts, television cameras, and photographic equipment. It was through technology that we saw ourselves as we really are, alone on one living, precious globe in space, a human family dependent on the resources of our minds and of our home planet, Earth. Considering what we humans have accomplished, what we’ve done to build the modern high-tech society in which we live, and how we’ve swarmed across the land and changed its face – at least in the temperate region – some critics appear to be fearful that we are now about to destroy nature itself. Are they right?"

"Without doubt, humans have been hard on the environment in many discrete places. Whenever mankind has cleared land to build a city or to farm or to manufacture something, the naturalness of nature has been changed. From a longer perspective, civilizations have come and gone since antiquity. Sometimes, in areas that were once inhabited and then abandoned, nature has taken over. On a shorter time scale, it has been demonstrated again and again that areas once despoi1ed by pollutants can return to being a healthy abode for many species. True, humans can be and have been destructive, but humans also learn. The ways to live in harmony with nature while maintaining a comfortable, even high-tech, lifestyle are far better understood today. And more and more they are being practiced. There is no reason to believe that, inevitably, everything will get worse. But activist environmentalists <B>charge that man has gone beyond having an effect on the immediate vicinity of his activities and is now damaging the entire planet."</B>

<font color=red><b>Think about it.</B></font>

There is more to it, and it continues a little bit more. If somebody wants to read the rest I will gladly post it shortly for you.

19. kmguru Staff Member

Shrike:

We will not be the masters of the universe. Our evolved versions will be. Intelligence probably stops at level 10.

Level 0: Monkeys...simian specis
    Level 1: Humans...humanoid
    Level 2: Ascends... similar to Telons in EFC
    Level 3: Brahmn...similar to intelligence in "Contact"
    Level 4: Guardian...similar to appearence as in the movie Sphere but more powerful in manipulating matter at a sub-atomic level

Our comprehension stops beyond Level 4.

20. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

What came before monkeys?

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Edufer, get of my back man.
    I don't need your comments every where I go.
    Yes, I make this as pessimistic as I can, because I want Earth to live on.

Humans will never be 'rulers of the Universe', because humans were on Earth lots of times later then animals did.
    We all come crawling out the sea. And humans are not on top of the ladder.
    The Whales are!!!!!
    So, quote me again Edufer and I am going to make big trouble.
    Not heard of freedom of speech?
    I shall talk as pessimistic as I want. I try to put some sense into your thick scull, can't you see. Then you are blind.
    I give up on you. Do not quote me again.
    You can talk to me, normal please. I hate this quoting, I am quoted enough by another member of the forums, who seems not to can write without quoting everybody.
    So I think one such quoting figure is enough.
    Please, stop it.

Yes Shrike, marijuana is free for sale and you may smoke it freely, even when you are shopping, but not in the stores, haha.
    If it was possible, I would send you some. But I am afraid they think it is Anthrax, so maybe we better forget that plan.
    But it is good quality

22. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Lol

Banshee... he was just pointing out that hethinks differently

I dont think anyone is trying to say your opinion is wrong, hes just showing his

hehe

23. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I don't care he thinks different, he has to let me be, who I am.
    It is not his to say if I am wrong or right. Because everybody has another opinion. That is good. That is how it has to be. I don't have problems with some one having another opinion, but please, don't quote me all the time and then say how wrong I am in the eyes of the ones who quote me. I am not wrong. I just have another opinion, they have to respect me as much as I have to respect them. Ok?
    If everybody understands that right, then there are no problems.
    By this I stop talking and stop my discussion to this thread.