Human of the future

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by GRO$$, Sep 28, 2001.

1. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Starcraft

Starcraft RULEZ!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No, Starcraft is no fun.
    Should it be like that?
    I don't think so.
    I really think humans will destroy this Nature and living Earth.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So what will remain after the cleaning up is done...?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

I like SC...

SC is a good game, it think its realistic....
    A large part of it was jacked from "Aliens 3", which was a GREAT movie...
    This is not the point

The point is that i think Shrike was right....
    In the future, instead of dying, our bodies will be placed inside of machines, which will provide a blood flow to our brains and digest the rest of our body, while using the brain as the controlling device...
    They will run on glucose/electricity probably, and allow us to actually survive in conditions unimaginable right now...
    Having to only protect the brain...
    Hm...
    Now if I wanted to do that, id be a neurobiologist, right.... I think I might want to do that

That should be fun

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

People, what do you want with all these machines?
    You all talk about people who will change in half man, half machine, or something like that.

Read: Midnight by Dean Koontz.

There are people fused to pc's
    Read it, creepy.
    People grow together with their pc's and in stead of blood, they change so much that the cables of the pc grow on the people and out the people.
    Read what happens, after this happened..
    It is no good at all...

But it can happen...

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I once had this idea for a piece of fiction, Of course I haven't implimented it.

The idea crossed from something I had seen in a film, one of the old films about "Jason and the Argonauts" I think or "The Odessey".

Anyway it depcited the Greek God's high on Mount Olympus deciding the fate of their chosen heroes, with the use of a clay figure and a board that represented the earth (well localised to the ancient greek world)

It game me the idea for this:

In the not too distant future, science groups develop quantum computers that interlink with parallel creation and global satellite mapping. From above they view the world, and down here they sit and plot like the ancient gods.

Each group is like a differing preportion of this ancient polythesism, Their chosen heroes walk the planet and do what they do, without the other groups necessarily knowing who is who. (Only on occasion does a great hero capture the attention of the other groups)

They control the world they see with their Pandora's box, they are never too sure how the events will pan out because of microscopic changes that occur with their interaction.

Although they play such a god-like role they too have figures upon their board, like a fractal of themselves, and they too have figures for the other groups. Of course the other group has a board too that they control, and they too see their competitors as figures on a board.

The whole idea was that the world is Boxes within Boxes, because each group has "Mapped and control's" their version of "reality".

I wish I could make that make more sense

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

By my means,we better stop this discussion about the 'future human beings' because just right now, people are getting killed in stupid wars every where.
    When the fighting stops and people finally 'see' what they have done....
    It is to late, as always.
    So let us wait and see what this terrorist-war brings us...
    More pain and misunderstanding I guess, but then again, you never know...

10. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

War

A half human/half machine would be VERY beneficial in war... Think about it... if the 2 or 3 controllers of lets say... a tank... take up about 2-3 cubic meters each to operate the tank. if replaced by little boxes with brains in them, a lot of the room could be eliminated, allowing for smaller and better protected tanks. The brains could come form people whos bodies died, so they wouldnt mind cuz they would be dead anyway...
    If ... no ... when something like this will be made possible, one can life immortally hooked up to the world through a machine... sounds scary, but so would have riding a mashine to work at 55mph on the highway each day to anyone 200 years ago... I am wondering: would something like this be availible within our lifetime, or is this another 200 years off?

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

GRO$$, read the book.
    I am sure you will love it.
    It is good, it can be possible.
    So think, maybe there are such man/machines already in experience.
    A lot of things that are invented and are really important, we don't hear of. That is classified information. So nobody knows what experiments are done and what is happening really inside all those secret labs.
    Even the Chupacabra is mentioned as being a failed and escaped experiment. I don't know if that is true. I read it on the Internet. It could be very well. Why not?
    I am not so sure if all those rotten inventions won't become our end...
    Some people want power and only power. They do everything to get power. And a lot of money of course. It is not for nothing, this sentence:

Money, so they say, is the root of all evil today...

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hey everyone!

This looks really quite interesting. I intend on checking it out later but I'm at school and time is short (so am I) so lemme get to the point.

Under free thoughts I posted the plot to a story. The thread's called "A story needs criticism." It deals with the evolution of humans technologically and physically into the future. It's scifi. Just thought you'd be interested.

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Here the item is: Human Of The Future.
    I do not know if we are really on topic now, but you never know what they are inventing now again.
    So it stays interesting to try and find out what kind of experiments, scientists do momentarily in secret labs. In the USA, in the Netherlands, in Iraq, in Lybie and all other countries.
    For it is no good I think.
    What good has come to us lately?
    Nothing.
    For years now, there is nothing new.
    They say...
    I do not believe it.
    There must be something, something they keep hidden for us.
    Why?

And as far as the human of the future concerns...
    I first have to see if we make it another 20 years or so.
    Then, I will be back, to talk about the human of the future.
    First wait, and see if there is a future for humans.

14. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

Yes it is

This is still about the human of the future...
    Its about how we will be after we survive the conflicts of the future

Lets just be optimistic and say we will, cuz if we don't, who cares? Noones going to bea round if we don't

Will we be the same after 1000 years? I dont think so

Wut do you think we will be like?

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I had a fun thought.. We as about "Humans of the Future" but we don't really know about the here and now...

For all we know we could live an existance in a world that is only made up of perception, this perception floats freely around our actually embodiment... The protozoac scum that life was supposedly evolved from...

Perhaps our true form is this slime, our understandings of a universe created by our superorganism interacting and creating flights of fantasy that others deem a reality.

While the world we percieve does what it does... our slime bubbles a little at one end to let a little trapped gas out.

Okay, I don't really believe that but it's a bit of ARMLESS fun.

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Let us stay closer then 20 years.
    Let us say, in 10 years, in stead of 20 years in the future.
    So we have to see first how it ends with this Terrorists War.
    If there is a solution for that, maybe we have a chance.
    If not, we are gone in a few years.
    A lot of us...

I don't know.
    It is just, there are so much wars going on, so much destruction and paranoia, so much pain and hurt...
    So very, very much pain and hurt...
    What about that?

Why can't we, humans, live in peace, next to eachother?
    At this moment I will wait with that 'human of the future'.
    What future?
    For who?

17. kmguru Staff Member

In order to win this terrorist war, a lot of people have to collaborate and think out of the box. I do not see that is happening anytime soon. May be in another 30 years when computers take over the day to day activities, they can prevent it. The other thought is that if we genetically modify ourselves such that in one or two generations we could crete a society that is more collaborative, thinks on a higher brain functions (top, front lobes) - then that may solve the problem.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

As long as people behave like they do now, they will not find out about their brain, having more functions then material things, anger towards their neighbours and other humans, paranoia about other people having more money and so on. And let we do not forget the willing to fight, about everything, the most unimportant things. Things for the lower part of the brain and the people who refuse to 'see'. For I think they know, they put it away, behind the thick brick walls they built into themselves for protection. So people think, for protection, self protection, sorry.
    They are afraid to show their real emotions, because they think other people can get a kind of power over them, if they 'know' who you 'are'. Really are. That is too scary for most people, so why change? This kind of living works well for them. They do not see they make themselves sick, by ignoring every emotion, and let nothing out. And they do not realize, they forget who they really are, themselves.
    Maybe, one day, when more people start to 'see'. Start to realize we have to stop, now, immediately, with all this fighting and so on.
    And so I can go on for hours.
    Until people do really 'see', there is no human of the future...

19. kmguru Staff Member

From where I live, people are buying guns and stocking up with ammo as if some country is going to invade us. I heard the doctors and government officials saying people should not store antibiotics at home because they will use them in panick. At first I thought, they think we are stupid. Then I saw a dozen people at the Wal-Mart gun counter. Then I thought - they are probably right...

It takes just a few stupid people to mess up the planet. Under bell curve, we have probably 35% stupid people out there. Another 60% thinking with their limbic brain.

Such is life....

20. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No, no, no, that is not the way.
    How can you say: "Such is life..."
    Don't you see how wrong it is?
    Stand up against those people and wake them up, tell them to stop because it is so useless and innocent people are going to be the victim of all those guns in the hands of people who don't know how to handle a weapon.

I am sorry, I babble again.
    You can not stop this, nobody can. That is so sad about this all.
    No stopping possible. How does it end? Does it end? How long is that going to take? How much people are going to die? How much people do things, they should not do, in their panic?
    Where is this going to end then?
    In the future.
    How far in the future?
    Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? In a 100 years? In 10 years?
    Earlier? Later?

I wish I knew, I do not know when the humans are going to stop misabusing Earth and her inhabitants. Including humans themselves.
    That is for the future to tell...
    Future?

21. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

My big question is this:

How will we, as a species, end? Will we survive until the Universe ends, somehow (the theory now is that it's permanently expanding)? Will we be invaded by another alien race? Will we all genetically evolve ourselves into something that cannot reproduce? Will we all transfer our brains into computers, then will the power go out? The possibilities are endless, and mindboggling. I think it'd be cool if we wound up like the type of government in Dune. In a gigantic universe a democracy would be hard pressed to keep order and make decisions, and in dune the people live in a Feudal society.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Maybe some of us survive...

Whatever may come down on us.
    Something is happening, not for the good.
    So I think Earth has had enough of us, silly killing machines.
    Maybe she wipes us all away with a Tsunami or a sudden volcano in the middle of a big city. The movie is already been made, then humans survived. As always, American movies have a happy end, weird. Not true too. How can some little humans stop a very, very big and scary volcano? Silly Americans...Haha (just a joke, for the ones who take all I say to serious).

Earth is sick, humans did that. So let the humans stop with that and try to think with the 60% of whatever % it is, they do not use normally of their brain. I know that it is difficult, but not impossible...
    Really, I mean it.
    What future are you talking about then?
    Well, I wait and see...

I hope you are right, that Earth lives, and humans too, in peace with eachother. Like in long, lost times, when everything was fine here on Earth...

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think it'll be a long, long time from now, when we can't even recognize the human of the future. They won't even call it a Homo anymore. They'll call it...something else. I have a latin-english dictionary at home, I'll flip through it and find a word for smart or really smart. But we cannot even imagine what we'll look like even a thousand years from now, much less a million.