Human Life and Sin

Discussion in 'Religion' started by kx000, Dec 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Judas did it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Really? Judas spoke The Word of God to the people? Was God OK with that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Judas did what?

The events in those texts were around 1300 years before Judas was alive. This is like saying Kemal Atatürk was instrumental in establishing a stable rule over England.

Either 1/You are troll. Thanks for wasting my time or...

2/You are so clueless regarding the Bible you have no idea on history/legends, time lines or characters in the Bible. i.e. you have no idea of what the Bible is or says.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If there is a Judas then evil infiltrated religion long ago, and it will be loyal to him.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sin is the flimsy invention of weak-willed and hypocritical men who needed an excuse to judge and condemn others who disagree with them. It is a dead fossil of a religion that controlled the people with fear and threat of eternal damnation. In reality there is no such thing as sin. There is no inner impulse to do evil things or to hurt other people. We are all just bipedal simians living out our lives the best we can. Sometimes we make bad choices, but this is no violation of some divine will that we remain infallible our whole lives.

Pinball1970 and DaveC426913 like this.
  9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

suffering was taken from the abyss, then sin… but only once mankind already existed. Like in Pandoras Box, or Adam and Eve.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Now you've introduced a new buzz word: the abyss.

Is there any rationale for any of what you said outside the testaments? I mean, if you're just reciting bits of the testaments, you should start a blog.
    You don't seem to have any questions, or anything you want to discuss; you seem to be just lecturing.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  11. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The abyss is nothingness, it can’t exist on its own. There must be life first, then Adam consumed the forbidden fruit bringing all sun and diseases into the world.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What I asked was: where did you get it from? Is it part of the testament or something?

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

kx000 just wants to preach.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

There is no estimate of the amount of suffering that religion has caused people over the ages. From the guilt and shame of sin, to the fear of divine judgement, to the hatred and intolerance it inspires towards outsiders, religion has failed miserably in providing humanity with anything like consoling answers to the mystery of existence. 2000 years and you'd think it would've come up with some valuable wisdom or knowledge that would make sense of our rather random and fleeting lives in this troubled world. But no, its only offering are fantastical fables from a book originally penned by goatherders and translated and redactated repeatedly over the centuries. The god it proposes is quite literally the profile of a belligerent, cruel, and impulsive tyrant who we must grovel before to escape the fate of eternal hellfire. And that we ingrain this mythology into our children and expect them to turn out fine is the most the tragic of ironies. Religion only makes them more insecure and dependent on what is thought of them, draining their natural reserves of confidence and daring and replacing it with false hope and hesitancy and habitual humilation. To hell with religion I say! Love and accept yourself for who you are.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Pinball1970 likes this.
  15. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

More meaningless, garbled, superstitious nonsense.
    You can get something good from religion if you try hard enough but this ain't it.
    I will leave you to preach to yourself, which is pretty much what you have been doing since post one.

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

No your just ignorant. The abyss is nothingness, even God could not create it, but mankind introduced temptation on itself, when one of Adams friends made an accusation against another caveman, thus creating evil, and suffering. In Greek mythology they have Pandoras Box, where all Diseases and sins are released on reality, and the Jews believe in the consumption of the forbidden fruit, knowledge of good and evil.

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No references, no citations, no discussion, no defense. Just preaching.

Sci-Fo takes a dim view of sermonizing without any good-faith intent to engage.

Requesting this thread be closed.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I referenced multiple religions on the topic in my last post.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Ba ha no. Listing things is not referencing them.

A reference is "The abyss is nothingness AND here is a trustworthy article that tells you about it so you can read further and know I didn't just make it up off the top of my head..."

You make many claims that you do not back up. For example,
    • (post 86) you keep mentioning the abyss, yet you provide no reference to any documentation about it.

• (post 81) apparently you think Judas did a bunch of nasty things, such as
      • kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him
      • attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them.
    Care to provide a reference to says Judas killed all those children and women?​

As far as we can assume, these are just things you made up. In fact, you call others ignorant while you seem to be ignorant

You probably didn't mean to imply that, but the problem is that you are spending too much time writing and not enough time reading. Your God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    Pinball1970 likes this.
  20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Clearly, kx000 only wants to preach.

I suggest, kx000, that you review our site Posting Guidelines, which are available in a sticky thread in the Site Feedback subforum. Please read the sections on preaching, evangelism and propaganda before you post again.

This thread is closed.

Pinball1970 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.