How's your IQ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ismu, Mar 14, 2002.

?

IQ please? (average)

1. < 100

14 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. 100 - 109

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. 110 - 119

16 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. 120 - 130

50 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. > 130

154 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just curious, really corious. Not for rating (I don't like rating).

Mine was 117 (average). Worst on language (101). Best on spatial/vision (127). I haven't take EQ test yet.

Come on guys and girls...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The last time I took an official IQ test was in 1969 when I was 17.

There was only one result given and mine was 128 at that time.

I've no idea how that might compare with your tests, if at all, and I wonder how I would do now, probably around 28 I suspect.

I do remember another student at the same test time had a score of 141, and those extra 13 points made a very noticebale difference.

At that time I was more than very competant at chess, and had been playing for years. I remember teaching my 141 friend, who after some 10 games beat me. I could never beat him again after that. I always remember feeling kinda depressed after that and largely lost interest in chess shortly after.

Sigh, my brain is just so slow.

Cris

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

Chris

Your 128 is excellent.

Mine was just about middle in average among my friends. Your friend who has 141 is (nearly?) genius.
    I think lots of ppl here got high score of IQ. That's my curiousity. Thanks for your post.

Next please...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

Mine was about 133, now that am submerged into a coma one simply cannot tell. It was tested during a course on IQ test development for bachelors program psychology. The main thing one learns is that IQ tells only that much. No wonder people now come up with Emotional IQ (EQ), football IQ (honestly I heard that one!), etc. What's next knitting IQ???

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I've done IQ tests twice. One was 121, the other was 151. Big difference. I suspect it depends on the questions, how suited they are to each individual or something.

9. LeoDV Obstinate idiot Registered Senior Member

More than 130.

Above average is actually 135 so you should have included that option...

10. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

I have never seen a difference that big.
    Apart from differences in tests (and there is a large range in quality) is the fact that people have moodswings, caffeine shortages, sleeping disorders, fall in love, etc. All these will affect the IQ score. Also, most tests are not at all reliable at a, say, 125+ score.

11. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

LeoVD,
    Above 100 is above verage. In fact: the IQ scores are normalized in such a way thet the average is always M=100 and the standard deviation SD=15.
    If society suddebly changes and people become less intelligent, the average score will still be 100.
    I think a 130+ is a good categoryt. that is roughly the top 2% IQ. (when you know we are talking about a Normal Distribution with M=100 and SD=15, you can calculate/look up that yourself)

12. LeoDV Obstinate idiot Registered Senior Member

Yes of course, I mis expressed myself.

What I meant is, (at least from what I've been told), the next symbolical 'step' when moving upward is 135.

Of course that's all very artificial, and IQ doesn't mean much of anything anyway.

13. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

I foprgot to mention:
    WELCOME LeoDV!

14. dizo Registered Member

I just tested mine at http://www.iqtest.com/ and it was 133. I didnt understand the questions that used american pennies and nickels. Every site with an IQ test gives me a different result.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Back in my school days it was 135 and now I've checked it on the link given by Dizo and it is 138.

My, my, I increase...

In 11 minutes!

*Thank you for recently taking the Self Discovery Workshop's IQ Test. Because of the Internet's ability to mishandle transmissions, we are reconfirming via email that your IQ Test score was: 138*

16. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

It is worth pointing out that practice at such tests does in fact improve your scores, not surprising huh?

But what does that mean? That you are becoming more intelligent? No of course not.

So I wonder about the reliability and comparability of these tests. And as expected we are each quoting our results, if we have them. And the inevitable effect will be to put each of us in classifications and assign labels. And that is probably not a good idea.

I would rate someone who has a lowish IQ but works hard and studies hard, much higher than someone who has a highish IQ and wastes their life doing nothing.

In terms of effectiveness in life it is more important to view what is accomplished rather than just potential.

I can usually tell the relative IQ of someone I meet. It is usually the speed at comprehending complex issues, and in my industry of computing, I see many such situations.

When all work equally hard then I do have great respect for those who use their higher intelligence and I have no problem looking to them for help.

I've also noticed that those who do have high IQs, tend to be very tolerant of others, and present a level of humility and modesty that I find very impressive.

I suspect that those who flaunt their alleged higher intelligence probably aren't very intelligent.

Probably of greater importance than your actual score is fully understanding what you can realistically achieve in life, and knowing your limitations.

The temptation when comparing scores is for someone to say, look I'm better than you. And there are too many other factors to consider befor such statements could be accurately judged.

Cris

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, I didn't know it was such a serious matter! That internet link is just an internet link.

Can't you see the fun of doing such a test after so many years? I thought it rather funny to see what the results would be. I was 16 way back when I had a IQ test.

Lighten up! It's just for fun you know...

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

never taken any really

maybe I'm too afraid of the results

Cheers!

19. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

145 in 7 minutes!!!! Woohoo, I didnt know, Iz be so smart

I always wondered what my IQ score was.

Groove on

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<b>"How's your IQ?"</b>

Fading fast. I've got to use it before it's all gone.

21. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Banshee,

I can't show a result. The test was 'two' hard. There was one too many options on each question.

Cris

22. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Hey, whats the highest score you can get????

23. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Bowser,

Is that like the low gasoline problem, where you should drive faster so you can get home before the gas runs out?

Cris