how to know that your boss is spying on your pc?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by DNA100, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

I phrased that poorly.

I meant 'all business that are sufficiently large' by "of any size" in that above post. Meaning I was ruling out small businesses.

Back before I retired I used to build and revamp networks and systems for small businesses. Many of them were indeed in the dark ages as to technology.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

I was under the impression that packet sniffing is also used a lot to prevent abuse of the company's network and hacking.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That would be "Packet Filtering", for the most part companies can usually try to adopt tight firewall settings, this of course forces any external connections through certain points which can then be filtered for traffic. As for packet sniffing, It's really dependent on what you are attempting to find out, I don't think it would use just to see how many hours you spent on Google I mean why go to the trouble of sniffing the content of the packet if you already know which site you were communicating with.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DNA100 Registered Senior Member

@nietzschefan
    @s0meguy
    thanks ,that was helpful.

however,when i made this thread i was not worried about any boss.
    i am using my home computer and home connection.so i guess network monitoring is very unlikely.although, my computer is often repaired and s/w loaded outside of my supervision.

i just want to know how you can make your pc free from any kind of spy tools.
    i read articles,and were told by my friends and one of my uncles that there are softwares that can spy on your computer,they can notice your every movement .what was more shocking was to hear that even formatting and reinstalling windows do not always remove those spywares.
    now it's not like i do so many illegal things to worry about.
    i just want to know that how i can be reasonably sure that my computer is running safely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.