How The Euro Will Destroy America's Power

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Proud_Syrian, Apr 24, 2003.

1. heflores Banned Banned

Unless USAID stops or the countries figure out another way of borrowing, the dollar will govern. The problem is that US lends money at very low interests compared to European banks and under the AID program, US controls the way the money is being dispensed. For example, US gives Syria 1 billion dollar, they tell Syria that 1 billion of those dollars have to be spent on building a wastewater treatment plant. The Syrians have to use outdated American parts at a very high price and American engineers, American technology, and American Training. US sets the price....So really the aid given by the US ends up benefitting completely the US and it's certianly no cash, so the true value of the aid given is much less than that shown on paper. Only Israel gets their aids in cash.

I think the key is for the Europeans to market their Euro for middle east AID the same way the US does with the dollar.....That's of course if America let's them without declaring war on them and pronouncing their presidents dictators.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Salty Registered Senior Member

Because Europeans arent?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SG-N Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. robsaunders Registered Member

Mr Coldrake and Mr Salty

(A) Like it matters whether the UK adopts the Euro anytime, soon or otherwise.

(B) The long-term, global issues involved here are about as affected by the Euro's early teething (which I am quite sure may continue even for a decade or more), as they are likely to be by your opinion.

Go read some history.....its quite an eye-opener.

:m: RS

8. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

If all the Arabs instead of protesting on the streets would trade their dollars for euro on a single day (let randomly pick one... ...9/11/2004 is ok?) than it would send major shockwaves through the already degraded economic system...

You know this means war, however!

:bugeye:

9. Salty Registered Senior Member

Re: Mr Coldrake and Mr Salty

Like what about history, how Europe has never been united?

10. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Re: Mr Coldrake and Mr Salty

Are you talking about the history of the Hundred Years War, The Thirty Years War, The Napoleonic Wars, World War I, or World War II or any other of those periods of European unity maybe?

11. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Mr Coldrake and Mr Salty

if you'lll look at history, you'll find out it was relatively very recent that our own country united and stole land from its rightful owners.

12. Salty Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Mr Coldrake and Mr Salty

With European help also.

13. No they are not, the Europeans understand us better than America, I guess the zionist jews dont control the European governments, but they certainly control the american political life.

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Why the heck do you say that?

15. Salty Registered Senior Member

You obviously don't know who created Israel then. Also who created borders where minorties that don't like each other are sharing a country? Who pushed nations to retard thier industry making it so they relly on a mother country? Not the USA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

As the dollar and the euro are both merely currency systems and represent two groups of highly diverse people only financially, it seems as if the drive for the dollar's downfall is more based on a blind, vengeful hatred of the American people than a true dislike for the money. If the money truly represents a 'satanic' way of thought, just let it rest.

If Iraq did not need to be conquested for a 'better' world, the dollar doesn't either.

17. spookz Banned Banned

i hardly think so. most people have romantic and idealistic notions of america. however once you take a more reasoned and critical look at america, you will find it is kinda shitty and hypocritical and cruel and greedy and whatnot

18. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Countries prefer U.S. dollars because they are stable, while euros are not. If OPEC started only accepting euros for oil they would run the risk of selling a billion euros worth of oil one day, only to have they relative buying power of their billion euros drop sharply the next day. That isn't a concern with dollars. It is unlikely that Britain will adopt the euro any time soon for the same reason. Most of the European countries that have adopted the euro already had unstable currencies, so there wasn't much of a down side to jumping on board. The British pound is much for stable than the euro. Politics aside, it would be a horrible decision from an economic standpoint for the British to switch over to the euro.

19. spookz Banned Banned

invest in euro. stability will ensue?

20. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

I agree, Nasor. I am not well-versed in economics and whatnot, but I read the newspaper and the Euro has been incredibly volatile ever since its inception.

Instead of pounding for the downfall of the dollar, opponents of American global dominance should instead focus on the federalization of Europe- that would give the Euro some measure of stability, although the transition would not be instant. In my opinion, if Great Britain adopted the Euro now, without European federalization, and the dollar shrinks as all of you have planned, the global economy would become shattered and frantic.

spookz- I certainly agree that American society today is not perfect, and far from progressive, but the question remains: what does the US's social system have to do with its monetary system? The world depends on the dollar because no other currency is dependable. Money is money: cold, emotionless, yet neccesary. The world trusts the dollar because it is the only currency that can be trusted, and is unquestionably the best.

This has nothing at all to do with the fact the Conservatives run our government.

21. spookz Banned Banned

Money is money: cold, emotionless, yet neccesary

take a look at trading. in the end it is humans that deal with cash

22. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Totally. But the value of the US dollar in terms of business is unrelated to how you view its morals.

23. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Heck. I personally say we should go back to the gold standard. Unprinted gold coins. Otherwise just get a standard international currency with a different name and printing in each country but equal worth.

Probabally not feasable but it would simplify things immensely.