How Much of Politics Do Americans Know?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by TruthSeeker, Jan 14, 2005.

?

Is the US government legitimate?

1. Yes (I'm american)

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No (I'm american)

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Duuuuh... I dunno. Duuuhhhh (I'm american)

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Yes (I'm not american)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. No (I'm not american)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Bleed Darkness will overcome Registered Senior Member

Well, though many people were/are against the war in Iraq, there were many more who were for it, as one can tell simply because George W. Bush was re-elected....but that's another topic....

Then you can buy into my theory...yeah, the US is legitimate, except for all those black ops divisions out there, break-offs of the CIA, if you will, that go through torturing people for information, assassination plot, etc.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m: (oh yeah, wait, and the cops, the one's who bust all the marijuana dealers, they keep the marijuana. SEE!? A marijuana leaf. :m:

he he...

Bleed

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. More people were against the war. It was not a democratic legitimate act.

In other words, the actual government....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bleed Darkness will overcome Registered Senior Member

You're right, more people were against the war, but overall, more people support Bush in general.

And yeah, the actual government is probably corrupt. I'm an American, but I've heard stories...hopefully they're just stories, but still...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I would argue that no matter what they say about themselves, all world governments are corrupt--it's just a matter of degree.

Regarding the current position of America in the world at large, as I see it, America has the problem that all solitary superpowers have. They have reached the stage where they're about to overreach themselves. There are serious plans to hammer Iran, and there are other plans to give Syria a going-over as well. There is such a problem as stretching yourself too thin. The same problem that ultimately brings down all empires will cause America to retreat from its current imperial adventure, I believe.

Besides, there's a very strong current of isolationaism running through the history of American culture. While they was expanding into the west, and kicking the snot out of Mexico in the 1840's, each other in the the 1860's, and the Indians at any time, the American state and people maintained a level of international solitude for over a century (1815-1917) to which many people would like to see them return. I suspect that the current American government/s seek enemies outside the country because the American state is so deeply divided that if they weren't fighting outsiders they'd be fighting each other. :bugeye:

8. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

this thread should have been,
    what do americans know
    Nothing (i am american)
    Nothing (i am not american)
    Nothing (i might be american)
    I live in america does that make me american?

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Huuumm.... that's actually good point.....

Oh well, too bad I didn't think about it...

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Huuuummm... like what...?

11. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Why am I not surprised that this thread is in the Cesspool?

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I don't know....
    Because moderators are biased?

Or anything that makes fun of americans is considered to be evil and nonsense....

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And, btw.... notice that there are more american who knows about politics than those who don't know! So, I was wrong after all!!!

14. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

yeah, america is great we are the best, go america go!
    whats the go with americans loving themselfs and thinking when they do something wrong it must be right, it is pretty funny that none of them have replied to this thread because all in all they know fuck all about there own government!

15. Jeremirroer probably smarter than you... Registered Senior Member

i'm from a little country called Bumfuck Ioncewasaho and we know nothing of this country "america" of which you speak?

Where is it?

16. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

a hole a big hole, some poeple call it HELL

17. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

honest poeple kill each othere there for no reason and say that tey are the best country in the world what a joke, it is more third world then some third world countries

18. Richard Head Banned Banned

we donts kill each otha we just protect our selfs whatsa da problem wit dat?

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Great "protection", eh?

Welcome, btw......

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

America.....? HAH!....
    the emperor with his big saggy arse out. doesn't even CARE no mo. dribbling Mcdonald's sauce down his chin and fartin. And this sad fuk wants to police the world

thing is about war. you HAVe to think this through for yourself. you cant be tribal. you gotta be POST tribal now. we HAVE to wake the fuk up YESTERday. we aren't alkin spears now. we are TALKIN mini-nukes and all kinds of weird evil shit we dont even KNOW about

you me ha e to step away.....pictue the Earth from space yah? can you see any boudaries?......no right. it's all in our silly heads

21. Richard Head Banned Banned

da bush man is in power yall, me nos all bout da politices

22. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

that people were against the war (even if it was most people) is irrelevent,the government is elected by the people to make the decisions.people vote for people who are most likely to make the decisions that they want made.i am very glad it is this way,if it wasnt we would still have the death penalty in england.a lot of the time the general public doesnt know enough about situations to make informed decisions.i wouldnt be happy if we went to war on a vote,and how big would the decision have to be for it to go to a public vote,or would we just vote on everything?