How Geeky Are You, Really?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by goofyfish, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

i got 32.8764%.....i guess thats good

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swooper Registered Member

40.43393%-major geek

This test didnt cover much. Lots of questions didnt even apply to me as i am not old enough. Know this- I AM THE KING OF GEEKS!!! BOW DOWN B4 MY GEEKINESS!!!W00T!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. janeelsa Registered Senior Member

I got 10.059 (does it mean I'm more geeky because I didn't just say 10%?) But there's a lot of stuff on there that I'm, like, I want to know that! Why don't I know that? And what the heck is a yurt? And how do you pronounce 'linux'? Is it like with an 'i' as in 'linus' or with an 'e' as in 'lean'? And.... I didn't even understand some of the questions! I'd rather be more geeky if it means having more knowledge. But why is that? Why why why?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mountainhare Banned Banned

I got a 24.26036% - Geek. I was rather disappointed. I believe that anything under 90% is a fail.

8. swooper Registered Member

in "linux" the "i" is pronounced as "in" and the "u" is pronounced as "under"

9. janeelsa Registered Senior Member

My thanks, your Majesty (she cursties), but dost thou know also what the word 'yurt' doth mean? Prithee, explain, if thou wouldst be so kind

10. swooper Registered Member

a yurt is a circular tent used by nomads in siberia. ok ok, I admit, I looked in the dictionary. Ive never wanted a yurt, But I've always wanted a house where the walls are made of circutry. Then I will have the fastest computer on the planet and I shall no longer be king of only the geeks, but the entire world!!! And this is my plan for global domination. when i take over, you will need to have a certain IQ b4 u can get a drivers lisence, and things will b smart.

11. fractal_choice Registered Senior Member

Geek

17.15976% - Geek

My geek friend keeps insisting that he has created the following:

meh
    bleh
    greetz

Has anyone heard of these terms before?

Thanks

12. Zero Banned Banned

Something around 13 percent, Geekish tendencies. Only because I am a stupid physics major...

13. malachite_mack Registered Member

17.55424% - Geek Good enough for me...

14. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

how can any of you have the patience to take that test? even bored as i am i can't take it without going crazy

15. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Calculating results for above user...
    Not a geek.
    Happy?

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I believe my title and signature speak for themselves.

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

74.35897% - Geek God

Dear LORD! The TV shows got me, and the movies got me. That stupid StarTrek movie rule got me (If you don't know it, then PM and I will tell you about it). That quiz is why Im the mod of SciFi. Although they should list a few more shows/movies on there. I could think of about 50... OH GOD IM GEEKING OUT!

The fact that I have a computer running MandrakeLinux doesn't help. No, it doesn't help at all.

18. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

22.68245% - Geek

19. xelius00 Registered Senior Member

10 point something. I have geekish tendencies.

20. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

You are confusing Us and Them, Wes.

The definitions that I accept as being enlightened and absolute (because it's convenient for me to do so at the moment) say that the difference between a geek and a nerd is that nerds are the way they are because they are hopeless and unable to be any different, whereas geeks are capable of being mainstream but just choose to be geeks.

Geeks read the Journal of Irreproducible Results, laugh at technical/scientific jokes, and always make sure the tolerance bands of resistors are on the same side of any boards they construct. Geeks like to get drunk and discuss obscure technical ideas.

When nerds drink, they often comment on how neat it would be to have a jet powered truck like Buckaroo Banzai. Nerds are hopelessly incapable of getting laid, so they blame it on their alleged geekyness, hoping that aligning themselves with such a cool group will provide a front for their hopeless nerdyness.

Wes. Friend. I think you should abandon the leadership of a lost group that openly expresses their fondness for UNIX.

Peace.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I'm feeling.. compelled...to become... oh christ!!!!!!!

Geek Overlord?

Nah, it just doesn't sound as cool. Besides, my title is really a gift for Allah's Jihad man.

This of course all leads to me having to dispute your definition in order to justify my assertion. Hmm... I would say that technically I'm a dork.

I'm into computers, science fiction, videogames and CAD software though.. so obviously I'm a geek. Now, you say geeks are such by choice, avoiding the mainstream given a distaste for it.

Hmm.. once geeked, is it possible to degeek? If you could would you be internally compelled to regeek? Can one transform from geek to nerd? I'd almost say that nerd - given your description - would be the pinnacle of the geekly transition. Nerd is in essence, all the way geek - and then some

Geek? Nerd? Come on now, they're both dorks right? Even if you're an involuntary nerd you're surely a dork eh? Certainly there's nothing dorkier than "getting drunk and discussing obscure technical ideas" eh?

I, wesmorris, transcend nerd and geeks and embody the true spirit of both in a culmination of dorkedness never before possible (thanks to PC's): Nerd Overlord

SURELY that makes me terrifically geeky... really!

:m:

22. Fen Registered Senior Member

DECIMAL???

All right, it has to be said. Why would a geek quiz give you the answer in decimal???

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

In case you didn't pass it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.