How did matter come into existence?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Zelicaon, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

Re: squirrel

I'll agree to that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Part of the reason for your nick?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

anyway, here's a little something from the gospel. 'by trusting, we understand that the universe was created thru a spoken word of god, so that what is seen did not come into being out of existing phenomena.'
    that piece of info is like touring the universe on a cadillac...with jesus as the chauffeur

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

God made it so.

Welcome.

8. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

Whatever works for you. Personally, I prefer to drive my own vehicle.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You really believe that none of the bible is true?
    You poor thing!

Please show an example.

Where did the energy come from to form these "virtual particles."

Trust is one aspect of faith and blind faith does not equal religion, i thought maybe the websters description of blind-faith would teach you something, but it seems you accept your foolish description no matter what. BLIND FAITH.

Good point.
    Matter, according to all bona-fide religions, is not created, but is formed. In the vedic literature, matter exists in 2 conditions;
    1) unmanifested
    2) manifested.

Love
    Jan Ardena.

10. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

edit: sorry! I don't know why I disagreed with you. I think I posted the wrong quote actually! You are right.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2003
  11. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

praise the lord for his mighty works that he hath given for the son's of man.
    shalom

12. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

There is no evidence that indicates that it had to have 'come from' anywhere.

~Raithere

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

So in what way is this speculation scientific?

Love

Jan Ardena.

14. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

It's not speculation, its called the First Law of Thermodynamics which states that energy is always conserved, it can neither be created nor destroyed. This fits all known observation.

~Raithere

15. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

The energy is "borrowed" from the quantum vacuum. A quantum field can never maintain a precise zero value. It contains energy fluctuations that are described by the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and demonstrated by the Casimir effect.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

hmmmmmm......i'm confused..

So what is creating the energy?

How can a vacuum be saturated with “quantum fields and become subject to fundamental fluctuations?
    And if something exists in a vacuum, how can it be called a “vacuum.”??

Love

Jan Ardena.

17. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

Re: hmmmmmm......i'm confused..

If by this you mean where did all the energy/matter come from in the first place, that is the trillion dollar question that is the subject of this thread. Several theories have already been discussed, but there is no firm answer at this point.

Honestly, I can't explain any further why it is that way.

Good question. It was originally called a vacuum before the discovery that the "vacuum" was not really empty at all, but was a frothing ocean of virtual particles coming into and out of existence. It seems that it just hasn't been renamed? *Shrugs*

18. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Re: hmmmmmm......i'm confused..

As far as we can tell; nothing. Energy has never been observed either coming into existence or leaving, it just is. Sometimes it is borrowed (which might account for the creation of our material Universe) but it must eventually return to the background state.

~Raithere

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Energy coming and going

Raithere, that is an excellent description of energy. I'd like to add that this also describes the mechanism of how our energy (soul/spirit) comes and goes between birth and death. Of course, there is no death to the spirit (energy), it just moves from where it was "borrowed" for the physical body back to the whole human interconnectedness. Ultimately, there is no death to energy, so there is no death to the soul.

20. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Re: Energy coming and going

Thanks. I have a thought for you to consider:
    What if matter/energy and soul/sprit are not really the separate things people assume them to be? What if we are simply expressions of energy?

~Raithere

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: Energy coming and going

I believe this to be true. We are energy/spirit first and foremost with a physical body. The whole interconnectedness with the entire human race is what I call the one "soul."

22. Jade Squirrel Impassioned Atheist Registered Senior Member

Re: Energy coming and going

Medicine*Woman,

Another question for you. Do you believe that the energy/spirit/soul limits itself to humanity? What would exclude this energy from being recycled in other animals, plants, or rocks?

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: Energy coming and going

Most definitely NOT! This energy encompasses everything from a grain of sand to god. The only difference is with the molecular rate of speed. Please don't ask me to explain this. Physics was my hardest subject in college. Everything vibrates at a different resonance, but everything is energy and everything is god. The human race has the highest mental capacity to do good for humankind.

Now I've just thought about other parts of this spiritual energy. What about the portions of the soul that linger after death? You've heard it said about pregnant women having that special "glow," well, that's spiritual energy!

Any comments?