How come there are barely any theist vs. theist discussions here?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by greenberg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

youre exactly RIGHT!!!
    IF they all believed in ONE god,why all the fighting?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, I really did, Kadark. We could have gone bowling or something.

Unfortunately, the doctrines of your religion are intolerant towards me and that would be forbidden. Not the bowling part, of course.

Shouldn't there then be only one set of beliefs and not three if there is in fact only one god and you all worship him?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Ah, like that. OK, I can see how that might be useful for the undecided.
    But we can see that on the news, though perhaps not with the exact religious groups you want. A history course in Christianity in Europe, with a focus on letters and statement and things like the Inquisition, Holy Wars and so on should do the trick.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Wtf are you talking about? What is a Hindi [besides the national language of India?]

http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=58358

10. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

11. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

And now a thread about theists is degenerating into theist vs. atheists. The atheists, as usual, simply lacking a belief in God.

12. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

But reading about the old things is not the same. I live now, and I am faced with proselytizers and offerers of all sorts of teachings now. You will have noticed how the contemporary religionists tend to distance themselves from the actions of their forefathers.

Additionally, there are some specific people, living, whom I would like to see what they are really made of.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hindi is the Mormon version of Hindu, I thought that was obvious...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(yes, it was a typo, you moron)

Now if that was your best argument, congratulations!

I noticed Kadark, The Ignorant, didn't dare to acknowledge that there are about 2-3 billion theists who are not Muslim, not Christian and not Jewish, thus they must be worhipping some kind of different gods, but hey you tell me!

P.S.: Why theists can't construct a logical argument?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hey, for the sake of argument, I am Scientologist! Are my alien-gods the same as Kadark's???

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Because they don't have one. All they have are smoke and mirrors.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

It certainly wasnt ALL that mattered to Mohammad.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are you sure?

18. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I have a suggestion. Start a thread with a specific topic that theists can weigh in on. Make the title clearly addressed to theists and if I can or it seems interesting I will join the discussion and we can see if theists can discuss amongst ourselves. You can prod us along at times and attempt to highlight differences.

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

There are radio and talk back shows dedicated to inter-religious dialogue, there are various conferences on both an international and national level dedicated to inter-religious dialogue, you can even do a PhD in the field of inter-religious dialogue .... yet sci is so close to the real truth of the situation ...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

But what gets accomplished? They sit together in the same room, and then for the sake of convenience and so that they could sit in the same room for a bit longer, they misrepresent their position and the positions of others, or focus on "what they have in common" - however small and irrelevant those common items might be to each religion. For example, both Christianity (even of the fire and brimstone kind) as well as Buddhism have in common that they both teach compassion. But the role compassion plays in Buddhism is a lot different than the role compassion plays in Christianity.

What those "interreligious dialogues" really accomplish is that they physically postpone an armed confrontation.
    From what I've seen, "interreligious dialogue" just make those who pursue it more morally relativistic, more liberal, more shallow, less reliable, and out comes some kind of Spiritual Universalism.

21. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Will do.

22. sniffy Banned Banned

If anyone wants to witness theists discussing theism wouldn't it be best to go to a multi-faith seminar or such? There are some out there. Probably on the internet too.....somewhere.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dunno, how many virgins do you get when you die?

Has your god ever killed nearly everyone on the planet 'cos they pissed him off?

Has your god ever levelled a city or two, just 'cos the occupants pissed him off?

Does your god just kill people, for pissing him off?

Has your god ever sent bears to kill some kids for taunting a bald man, ie, killed someone for pissing a bald man off?

I never heard these things about Klaatu, sorry, Xenu.