How artery blockages can be prevented?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by plakhapate, Jan 7, 2008.

1. plakhapate Banned Banned

Is it that anaerobic growth of bacteria cause the blockage in the artery?

If yes then some anti-biotic may help.

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

what a proposterous idea!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am sure there are larger objects to block the arteries, than bacteria...

Oh my! Oh my!...I was wrong it seems: http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=4613&RPID=10

bacteria do seem to cause artery blockages

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. plakhapate Banned Banned

If clearing the blockage of the arteries are difficult, is it possible to develop co-lateral arteries?

What needs to be done to develop co-lateral arteries?

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

...co-lateral arteries?!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

geee...so that they would get clogged too? I suppose only nanomachines can do that...you cant just introduce arteries into a body...

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's exactly right. And it's done by intensive exercise - ask anyone who has PAD (peripheral artery disease) what their doctor advised them to do.

9. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Partially wrong - it can be done in the arms and legs. See my response to his question.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Did you look carefully at how Linus Pauling's claims were allegedly disproven and read his counterclaims?

11. plakhapate Banned Banned

It is interesting to note that after Bypass Surgery I have to exercise intensively

to get collateral arteries developed.

What a fantastic natural arrangement of body !!!

No doctor has told me to exercise intensively .

However I have seen that my father was walking extensively even after second heart attack.

He survived six years after second heart attack.

The third and last heart attack was when he was at home (while resting).

Based on this knowledge I started doing more exercise and yogas after my
    Bypass Surgery.(Now 6 months are over)

Everybody was telling me to do very limited exercise.

But I got good results after doing the exercise.

In fact two days ago I felt like ants moving in my heart(good sensation).

Is it that collateral arteries are forming in my heart?

I also feel very energatic and enthusiastic.

I checked blood sugar and B.P also (found o.k.)

How to know whether new collateral arteries are formed?

Pls share if anybody has similar experience.

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

12. kmguru Staff Member

My blood pressure range is 150/90. So, I figure, the problem is plaques. For the last two months, I have been taking Lysine, Ginko, Metformin, Milk Thistle, Niacin etc. and cut out most sugar, oil from food, more vegetables and fruits, no soft drinks etc. Now the BP is 135/82. I have still a way to go. My dad died from heart attack, so I am trying to be careful. I do my normal exercises and light yoga.

13. krokah Registered Senior Member

Kmguru way to go! Dropping your blood pressure like that is a great start. Why are you taking Metformin? It raises lactic acid levels in the body. Are you Diabetic as well? I am sure you have spoken to a nutritional professional as part of your lifestyle. Again, I want to inform everyone of the benefits of omega vitamins found in flax brand. You can cosume it as an oil, powder, or cereal. It reduces artery build up as well as prevents it. Also, speak with your MD regarding a low dose of aspirin every day. Good luck.

14. kmguru Staff Member

I have done extensive research on Metformin. For the first 25 years of my life, I have lived on sugar products like a whole pound cake, twinkies etc with a glass of milk or half a cheese cake as my meal. My father had a similar diet and ended up as diabetic. So, it is a preventive measure and I am doing great. Several years ago, I had hypoglycemia and now it is gone. I no more drink Colas except once a month with two slices of pizza.

I think, abnormal glucose metabolism cause a lot of problems including AGE (Advanced Glycation Endproducts) Until ALT-711 or similar products are in the market, I will follow this path.

Yes, I do take Omega-3 pills when not eating Salmon. I like my DHA which helps my learning process when doing reseach in to new technologies.

Thank you.

15. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Statins can cause plaque regression. A diet high in antioxidants helps, too.

16. krokah Registered Senior Member

Those of you who are on statins should be getting blood work done every 6 months or so. Statins are liver toxic to certain individuals or at certain doses. Other than that they are a great way to reduce your serum lipids.

17. kmguru Staff Member

I take Red Yeast Rice stacked....my friend took Lipitor and had all types of problems so the doctor told him to take Beta-Sitosterol (which I take too).

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

He got a point, preventative measures can be taken but if you live long enough no matter what your chances of heart disease will be 100%. Maximum possible life span without replacing parts is 125 years.

19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Yeah, they have found fatty streaks (the beginning signs of atherosclerosis) on the blood vessels of fetuses and even healthy young men. You can actually have an artery partially occluded by a plaque and never notice. The problem starts when the plaque ruptures, and you get thrombus formation (ie. a blood clot).

20. plakhapate Banned Banned

Recently I read that watermelon seeds when dried,powdered and consumed

clear the artery blockage.

Is it true?

Has anybody experienced the same?

Pls share your experience.

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@gmail.com

21. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

But they've already got replacement hearts. By the time you kids reach 125 they'll have really good ones!

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Exactly!, but then why take preventative measures?

23. kmguru Staff Member

An ounce of dried watermelon seed kernels contains about 3 grams of zinc (or 25 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for a woman under 50), and 2 grams of iron (or 14 percent of the RDA).

So, could be.....