Homosexuality & Anterior hypothalamus

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by ArtofWar, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I shall restrict myself to examples from this thread.

Happeh writes: When something goes wrong, the people at the top always take the blame. Whether they actually did it or not, they are in charge, so they take responsibility.
    What is this? Irony? Sarcasm? Deeply held belief? It is not obvious from context or composition. Its brevity implies a pithiness that is never realised because its meaning is never explored nor demonstrated. Seems like a pseudo-esoteric outpouring to me.

Well, the first sentence is fine. But the second! Huh! Who said anything about male-female polarity representing the highest and most civilized form of sexuality. It is the primary form of sexuality. It is why sexuality exists you dumb ass. Calling it the ‘highest’ or the ‘most civilised’ completely misses the point of what sex is about. This strawman introduction bears the stamp of yet more high blown (out of the water) pseudo-esotericism.

That as a supposed put down of Leopold. An old trick: trying to imply a super-human quality for yourself; a separateness from humanity. Pseudo-esoteric again.

Pseudo-esoteric, start to finish. High school whimsy. Pre-pubescent fantasy. Take a bland conception, wrap it in some non-standard grammar. Mix it with a touch of irrelevance and shallow references to nothing in particular. A classic of the pseudo-esoteric.

It’s a public forum. Besides, you were really talking to yourself.

Strawman par excellence.
    The daily death toll from starvation is a reflection of the lack of political will and a failure of the distribution systems.
    Who is claiming male and female = life? Do your flies up sonny; your agenda is showing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I mean, my dear duendy, that physical existence has no meaning. at all.
    Not if you're going to be purely scientific about it.
    And let Ophiolite, in his wisdom, explain to me what my purpose is, beyond preserving my own flesh, because that is what his coveted science is apparently telling him, especially when he criticizes me for being pseudo-esoteric.

Let HIM, in his WISDOM, tell me what the meaning of MY life is, without being esoteric or mystical about it. I guarantee that it will be pretty mundane. Or does he have a surprise for me? I highly doubt that!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

It up to you to determine the meaning of your own life. Just don't blight ours with pseudo-esoteric rambling while you are seeking it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oh, please! The fact that male and female procreate, and then have children that they can not afford to take care of is suddenly NOT an issue of PROCREATION or SEXUALITY, but of POLITICS??? It is the way of nature.

Really, you're too much!!!

8. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Well, guys you have to understand that Giambatista is very bitter with life -- and that explains his hatred of life.

And who is responsible for this? It is the oppressive heterosexual system. Obviously the 'heterosexual' system accomodates only 'heterosexuals' and 'homosexuals'. Others have no choice but to live a life that does not hold anything for them. It's not nature that disallowed them a meaningful existence. It's the heterosexual society.

So perhaps we should after all ask what purpose does the heterosexual society serve after all?

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I take the absence of any other comment is tacit acknowledgement that you have been spouting pseudo-esoteric nonsense. Thank you for that.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

When animal species overpopulate themselves, does someone ever claim that it is simply a matter of politics? Really? Do they?

Or do they KILL them until they're back down to the quantity they should be???

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Here's Johnny........
    To reproduce. That's what life does. Never mind the quality, feel the width.

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Please, tell me how overpopulation is POLITICAL, and not BIOLOGICAL.

13. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I think this is really interesting.

I think science does owe him an explanation? Why should he live? What should he look forward to? What is the purpose of his life, if he doesn't want to procreate? If science believes he has no purpose then why should he respect life? Why shouldn't he be allowed to take his own life (though I'd prefer that he fights like a warrior)?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Feel the width? How bout, FEEL THE PAIN? How bout, FEEL THE HUNGER?

15. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Fight? What do you think I've been doing?

No. Don't expect a very good answer from Ophiolite. If it's purely scientific, it's not going to be very inspiring. That's my "psychic" prediction!

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Sorry. You don't win.

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

You cannot give me any meaning. Therefore, you are as impotent as just about anyone I've ever meant.
    Thank you for that!

18. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

By forcing everyone to reproduce? Is that really required? Especially in this age? When it brings such pain into this world? And makes such a lot of people redundant?

And the whole thing especially loses any sense at all, when the majority of 'heterosexual' sex is for non-procreative purposes. And the majority of 'heterosexual' men decide not to participate in the bringing up of children and more and more women are being forced to raise children on their own --- single handedly --- with only money and technology to help them.

Even if procreation is still so important why can it not take place along with male-male bonds? Considering most sexual activities are not 'procreative' even in the heterosexual arena?

Why should the society discourage bonds between masuline men, by marginalising, feminising and homosexualising such bonds and leaving no place for masculine men to fulfill their sexual needs for other men?

Why should the society 'kill' all male spaces and make them heterosexual spaces? Why should it destroy all social customs, spaces and opportunities that allowed men to bond sexually and emotionally with other men, even though such bonds have been deinstitutionalised and made 'redundant' by the society for thousands of years.

19. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

And the whole thing was so different in a traditional society when there was no concept of heterosexuality, and men generally believed that all men are capable of being sexually aroused by other men, and they wanted it to be taboo (a cultural response). But they'd allowed it to flourish abundantly as long as it was hidden. And as long as men married produced children and looked after them.

These non-heterosexual men indeed were better husbands and fathers, and the sacrifice that they made of their same sex needs and their freedom did serve some purpose.

Today its exuberant and redundant. We have technology that can do the reproduction. If anything men (and women) should be liberated from opposite sex marriages, not be further tied down with heterosexuality.

20. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

The humanity loses. Nature loses. And in the end no one wins. Not even women (the supposed final beneficiaries of the heterosexual ideology)

21. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

The biggest losers are of course men.

22. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oh.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Heterosexuality means NOTHING.
    NOTHING.
    NOTHING.
    NOTHING. When those who proclaim to be so do not even PROCREATE, like "natural" heterosexuality dictates.

They are empty. Ophiolite's words are empty.

He was SO SURE that I was not making any sense. And here he is exclaiming in his SCIENTIFICALLY informed way that human overpopulation is merely a POLITICAL problem. Shows how much HE knows, doesn't it.

23. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Science has taken the meaning of life away from people. It has replaced it with dry, hollow, lifeless, meaningless and often manufactured 'facts'.