History: Bush Was a Great President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 3, 2007.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Don't quote Leviticus

19: "When a woman has a discharge of blood which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening.
    20: And everything upon which she lies during her impurity shall be unclean; everything also upon which she sits shall be unclean.
    21: And whoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.
    22: And whoever touches anything upon which she sits shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening;
    23: whether it is the bed or anything upon which she sits, when he touches it he shall be unclean until the evening.
    24: And if any man lies with her, and her impurity is on him, he shall be unclean seven days; and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean.
    25: "If a woman has a discharge of blood for many days, not at the time of her impurity, or if she has a discharge beyond the time of her impurity, all the days of the discharge she shall continue in uncleanness; as in the days of her impurity, she shall be unclean.
    26: Every bed on which she lies, all the days of her discharge, shall be to her as the bed of her impurity; and everything on which she sits shall be unclean, as in the uncleanness of her impurity.
    27: And whoever touches these things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.
    28: But if she is cleansed of her discharge, she shall count for herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.

1: The LORD said to Moses,
    2: "Say to the people of Israel, If a woman conceives, and bears a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days; as at the time of her menstruation, she shall be unclean.
    3: And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
    4: Then she shall continue for thirty-three days in the blood of her purifying; she shall not touch any hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying are completed.
    5: But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her menstruation; and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying for sixty-six days.
    6: "And when the days of her purifying are completed, whether for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring to the priest at the door of the tent of meeting a lamb a year old for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering,
    7: and he shall offer it before the LORD, and make atonement for her; then she shall be clean from the flow of her blood. This is the law for her who bears a child, either male or female.
    8: And if she cannot afford a lamb, then she shall take two turtledoves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement for her, and she shall be clean

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

bill clinton was also a 2 term president.
    will his greatness stem from that, also?
    somehow i doubt your opinion is in the affirmative.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

No. Clinton will go down (pun intended) as a stain on the presidency. As an immoral whoremonger who couldn't control his adultry. As one of the biggest mistakes Americans made. As one who duped stupid Americans into voting for him. As one who got away with rape/murder/numerous other crimes. As a filthy abomination of a human being who had as much charisma as satan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

of course.
    heh...it seems the majority of americans today disagree with your point of view.

word to the wise: get out and socialize with people who DONT share your opinion, you will learn alot.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside

Maybe,...ah.... you should,...ah.... take your own advise?

9. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Something changed in the music that trickled from the telescreen. A cracked and jeering note, a yellow note, came into it. And then -- perhaps it was not happening, perhaps it was only a memory taking on the semblance of sound -- a voice was singing:

'Under the spreading chestnut tree

I sold you and you sold me --'

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/23/

10. Jeremyhfht Registered Senior Member

this is where translator bias comes in. The KJV says this:
    Nowhere does it say "homosexual", and for a very good reason. That word didn't exist in those days. The KJV translated it more directly than the NKJV. How surprising.

As for leviticus, I've a link that proves translation bias again:

See here: http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/toc.html

and: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh.htm

Religious Tolerance is one of the only religious websites I deeply respect for their in-depth research. As they're one of the least biased I've ever come acrossed. It's worth a read.

Actually, Clinton only committed the crime of adultery. Yet during his presidential years, he created a booming economy, a better education system, and improved our nation ten fold from prior presidential morons.

Try to get your facts straight.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hello "sandy".

You've certainly jumped in at full throttle. As a newbie to sciforums, I find that a little surprising, but I'm sure you are in fact new here.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Err... no there isn't. Most abortions happen before the foetus even has the capacity to feel pain. Look it up.

No "torture" is involved. Using emotive language to avoid the real issues is deceptive.

The bible never mentions homosexuality.

That isn't what it says.

I guess you don't eat shellfish, either, because that's also an abomination, according to Leviticus. And no wearing of polyester-wool blends! Mixing clothes of different cloths is also an abomination. Agreed?

Leviticus is in the Old Testament. So, homosexuality must be ok, then.

You don't really imagine the US is still primarily fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq, do you?

And yet, you espouse most of the tenets of classical liberalism. I suspect you don't actually know what it is.

Very few women kill their babies. A foetus, by the way, is not a "baby", and you falsely conflate issues by assuming that it is. It's equivalent to claiming that a 5 year old child is an adult. You're making a category error.

And yet, over half of all conceptions end in spontaneous abortion. God must cause that. Right?

No, it's because half the country (just over half) think like you, and are probably just as ill educated. Let's hope the pendulum has swung just far enough the other way next year. Probably the war in Iraq will help. Even nutty Christians don't like seeing members of their family killed in a pointless war that will never be won.

Want to put some money on that? Could be good for a laugh.

Who cares? Did it affect his ability to govern the country well? No - except for all the wasted time fronting up to witch-hunt committees fronted by people out for personal glorification.

That claim is libellous, unless you can support it. Who do you claim Clinton murdered, raped, etc.? Please give details.

My my. Such harsh words for somebody who ought to have no axe to grind now that your beloved Bush is President. You got the President you deserved. You ought to be celebrating, not whinging.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Of course I can explain. The Lord works in mysterious ways and to doubt him is blasphemy.

13. sandy Banned Banned

Clinton had so many scandals it makes my head spin. All the rapes, murders, adultry, selling out our country,etc... He is an abomination.

Homosexuality and baby-killing are abominations too. They're not only disgusting but morally reprehensible.

Bush will be in history books long after we are gone. He will be known as the decent, Christian, honorable man who tried to make the world a better place.
    Clinton will be in the dictionary next to "abomination."

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/prophecy/clintbodycnt.html

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I will quickly explain, then we can close this stupid thread.

W. easily the worst president in the last 100 years and probably makes the top 3 worst among all US presidents... He was never good at anything, so why would he good at the presidency? That's why he was put there by the powers, they knew he would be easily controlled.

He "won" the first election by the SCOTUS and "won" the second election by the Diebold machines, thus he was never really elected president by the people.

Case closed, where is my beer?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Clinton didn't murder, rape, or sell out our country. He did cheat on his wife, not unlike so many holier than thou Republican congressmen.

Bush didn't end abortion or homosexuality.

16. orcot Valued Senior Member

he didn't even go and spank cheney because of his lesbian daughter. What kind of a holy men could bush possibly be if he didn't even put her publicly on fire.

17. Roman Banned Banned

Remember when we found out that Bush ignored the memos warning of an imminent terrorist attack and instead spent most of his presidency cutting firewood?

I find it ironic that he says "Al-Qaeda's behind this. We know it" cause he did know it. He also chose not to do anything about it.

What a great guy!! I'm glad he's defending my country!!!

So you finally admit it!!

Nazi Communist bastard. Why do you hate America? Can you not stand our freedom?

18. sandy Banned Banned

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time composing/researching my briliant rebuttal. While I had another browser open reading a Clinton story, the site here threw me off. WTF? Is there a 5 minute limit on how long you can go without posting? Damn...

Clinton had so many rape/murder allegations against him it would make your head spin. Brodderick, Willey, and Wellstone were all lying about being raped/fondled huh?
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/780023/posts
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1645355/posts
    http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/strange.html

"Perhaps Hillary should talk to her husband who was accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick and was groping Kathleen Willey at the very moment Willey's husband was committing suicide." -Ann Coulter

Maybe if Clinton had accepted one of THREE offers of Bin Laden (one by the Sudan in 1996) an estimated 6,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now injured or dead would be alive today. Remember he promised to hunt down whoever was responsible for attacks against us in 93,95,96,98, and 2000?

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  19. Bells Staff Member

No.

Did you click the 'remember my password' box? I find that tends to keep me logged in for however long I am on this site or when I walk away from the computer and forget this page is still open.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, I would suggest you do not use freerepublic as a source.

It's almost as bad as using Stormfront as a source of information.

Ah yes, Coulter. The bigot who had even hard nosed Republicans running away from her after her "faggot" debacle. Yes, now she's a reliable and unbiased source of information.

So how is that hunt for Bin Laden going by the way? Caught him yet?

But then again, Republicans helped Bin Laden back in the day. So knowing him as well as you do, you should have found him by now.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Are you serious?
    In your own thread about how much Bush makes you wet, you've got to mention Clinton?
    Bush only looks good compared to Clinton?
    Let's ignore Bush's glaring deficiencies and focus on the presidency two, going on three terms ago?

21. sandy Banned Banned

I was responding to the multiple comments made to my posts.

Wow Norsefire. You're in Texas and support Syria

Syria sucks.

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Republicans
    * Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
    * Tom Delay: did not serve.
    * Roy Blunt: did not serve.
    * Bill Frist: did not serve.
    * Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
    * Rick Santorum: did not serve.
    * Trent Lott: did not serve.
    * Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
    * John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
    * Jeb Bush: did not serve.
    * Karl Rove: did not serve.
    * Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked Cleland's patriotism. (Can you belive it? Attacking a double Amputee who actually served, while he didn't)
    * Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
    * Vin Weber: did not serve.
    * Richard Perle: did not serve.
    * Douglas Feith: did not serve.
    * Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
    * Richard Shelby: did not serve.
    * Jon! Kyl: did not serve.
    * Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
    * Christopher Cox: did not serve.
    * Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
    * Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.
    * George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S. Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.
    * Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making movies.
    * B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.
    * Phil Gramm: did not serve.
    * John McCain: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross.
    * Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
    * John M. McHugh: did not serve.
    * JC Watts: did not serve.
    * Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL for 8 years.
    * Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.
    * Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
    * George Pataki: did not serve.
    * Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
    * John Engler: did not serve.
    * Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.

23. sandy Banned Banned

Then you should like all of them since you hate our military.