Hey, better late than never, Bush listens, NOW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Skater, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Skater Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Only time will tell my dear skater

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

On the eve of the Democratic takeover of Congress, Bush “wrote” an editorial that ran in today’s Wall Street Journal preemptively scolding Dems and telling them how Congress is supposed to work.
    www.therandirhodesshow.com

How dare he, what an ass.Here's the text. When he and the Republicans weilded near absolute power, there wasn't any talk about working together.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Gee, I don't know, Spider, I think they worked together quite well actually. They worked together to go to war in Iraq; they've worked together to continue to fund the war in Iraq. I'd say that was working together quite well, wouldn't you?

Baron Max

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So the Democrats didn't work with the rest of government and vote to go into Iraq a few years ago? And they didn't vote to continue funding the war?

My, oh, my, where have I been for the last four years??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

10. terryoh Registered Senior Member

Skater, Bush has no choice now. All politicians do it when they lose their majority. "Let's work together, let's compromise, blah blah..."

The Republicans do it and the Democrats do it.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Up your <word deleted> it sounds like. Bush did not want a 9.11 commission, he wouldn't testify under oath, he prevented formal investigation into the lies he told to bring us to war. Bush did not fund the war under the budget but under supplemental appropriations.

Moderators warning:

E. Language
    Excessive use of vulgar language will initially be edited. Posts that continue this trend will be deleted.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  12. Skater Banned Banned

That is true, John Kerry changed his mind to go with whatever the flow is...

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And Bush has no mind to change.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spidergoat, and as President doing his job he is not required to do so, it is in the law and Separation of Powers in the Constitution, or don't you know the Constitution?

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm familiar with it, which is more than I can say for Bush. He has prevented the congress from doing it's job, (rather he worked in collusion with likeminded Republicans to prevent Democrats from making Congress do it's job) which is oversight of the executive branch.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I see thing in the other direction it was the Democrats who did not have the majority and used ever trick of parliamentary procedure to stop and block and delay anything that they didn't agree with, the filibustering of the Supreme Court Nominees, is a good example of this, something that was suppose to be a majority vote now became a 2/3rds super majority. And no you can't be familiar with it if you don't understand the Separation of Powers that is built into the Constitution.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I do understand separation of powers, that means that Bush is Commander in Chief of the armed forces, and can lead the war effort. At the same time, it is the job of congress to provide oversight on such things as war profiteering, and wether the intelligence that took us to war was correct.

Since Democrats did indeed do the things you mention, I guess they were not working together with the Bush White House, were they? In fact, the Bush administration has seized power like never before in the history of the US. There is nothing wrong with using the procedures of Congress as checks on executive power, expecially when the Cons basically gave the Dems the finger as far as cooperating with anything.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And to my point of view the dem gave the finger to the Republicans for 40ty years after WWII, and basically told them to get lost when it came to policy making. And they gave the finger to the process when thy filibustered the judicial nominations, which has nothing to do with profiteering, and if you care to look many a dem is getting rich over military contracts, and Halliburton contracts. And their policies through the 50ty's and 60y's created many of the problems to day.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Filibustering is part of the process, and none of Bush's nominees were actually filibustered.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then what do you call what they did, and yes I know what the gang of 7 did, to avoid the show down, but it still left 3 of his nominees with out there due process, and the President without his first picks.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They aren't on trial, so they don't get due process. The system is designed to prevent radical ideologues from getting a bench.

22. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Dis you just moderate yourself there? I like it.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I was out of control!