Here we go again

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jpappl, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The blame, essentially, goes to the gov't and our publicized system. The teaching of religion would be a non-issue in a free market schooling system; we don't need government subsidizing inefficient education and disrupting the market. Leaving education to the free market is the best solution.

The main objection will be "what if nobody can afford it", and similar arguments. Private schools are especially expensive today (and that's less expensive, per capita, then public schools ) because of the government.

Free market education will mean better schools, and more competition; the demand will still be huge. Schools will want to cater to the large majority, and they'll want to make themselves affordable and give people financial options.

And if communities want to establish not-for-profit institutions, then that's absolutely fine and in fact we'll probably see more community involvement and community projects if we get the state out of the equation. Not to mention financial aid organizations, like the Negro College fund, as well as church charities, secular charities, etc

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yes how would they, they being the private schools that you are advocating.

Why would we have to sacrifice our freedom to have some guarantees. You are purposely using ridiculous arguments to cover for your ridiculous arguments.

For example, equating guaranteed funding for inner city schools with a guarantee of life after death. Don't get stupid here.

Ok, so if there is no demand because there is no money to create the demand then what. Then how do the poor kids get to school in another neightborhood, remember that was your idea.

If they don't want to pay your going to force them to pay ? Sounds like what we have now.

The reason we build in some guarantees of funding is for organization and planning. If there is no guarantee of funding, there is no way to organize because few would want to take the risk.

For example, you want to start a school. You will have to hire teachers, and other employees to run the school. You are NOT independently weathly to cover shortfalls in the system. People are relying on you to make sure their salaries are paid.

If the school expenses are not covered each month, you will go into debt. So you need to make sure via tuition fees and other source of funds that you will be able to cover it. If you want to make the school a success and want it to run for years and years, you will need to cover your expenses for years and years.

Where is the funding going to come from ? So lets say you are going to get 1/2 of it from tuition and the other half from private donations. What is the guarantee of the private donations ? Is it rock solid for 10 years. Is it solid for 1 year. After that time period you will need to find another donor. If you don't it dries up and you close up shop.

By guaranteeing the funding for the school it can plan, it can hire who it needs to cover additional students and other activities, it knows the money will be there.

There are drawbacks to every system, but I am claiming that if we don't publicly fund the inner city schools, the void will not be filled with private schools, and in the end, we will pay for it one way or the other.

Yes, and as I said before there are a lot things that gov't does not need to be involved in.

People gladly pay for material things and entertainment. People pay for things that help them personally or provide something for them.

But will people pay for schools for poor kids ?

Apparently you won't. Because it doesn't affect you. And you only feel you need to pay for that what you want.

Do you want clean water. You have to pay for that.
    Do you want a military to protect the borders, you have to pay for that.
    Do you want your food inspected, you have to pay for that.
    Do you want you fill in the blanks, you have to pay for that as well.

In the end you'll have 400 bills a month instead of it being paid by taxes. Brilliant.

Let's go back to your prior comment which I responded to, shall we. See below

So originally you said they should not have to worry about getting paid. They should just volunteer and be more successful just because of the free market.

Wow. Brilliant.

And here we are again. They don't get paid. That is your strategy so we don't have to worry about how were going to fund the damn place.

Right so only the rich and the upper middle class will have schools.

Most likely. Exactly. No guarantee of funding, like I said. They would just wither away.

So you have insulted me twice in the last post.

Please avoid the stupid comments please.

Nowhere in any of my posts have I indicated that the free market doesn't have value or that we should have gov't run everything.

Not once, I have clearly stated that each has it's place and there are somethings that the gov't can and does that the free market would not or may not or can not.

It sounds to me like you want to have all these things but don't want to have to pay for them.

And you looking for excuses to not have to.

What the hell does that have to do with anything.

You are starting to make desparate comments which indicates that you have run out of reasons to support your shortsighted vision or cure, and thus are resorting to personal attacks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.