"Healthcare isn't the only thing that's Communism"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganymede, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is the same constituency that's showing up to town halls today. Preaching the same fire and brimstone sermon about how America is turning into Communism.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Perhaps they are under they impression that the word 'communism' means 'not what I want'.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

You sure about that? The segregationists were a bunch of Democrats.

Nice attempt at playing the race-card, though.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

And your point being?

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I thought that was pretty obvious, Tiassa. The people showing up at town hall meetings and making a scene typically aren't Democrats.

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Exactly, whatever they don't want is labeled Communist. The Conservatives never fail to play the Communist card when their politicians aren't in power.

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

And many liberals play the "Fascist Card" when they aren't in power. Both sides do it, so what's your point?

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Their parents were - they switched to Republican after Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson turned the Democratic Party communist, with race-mixing and government telling everyone who they had to hire and go to school with and so forth.

Nixon's "southern strategy" for Republicans winning elections was to bring in those folks - it worked. And it brought us the Reagan Era, which just crashed the country - maybe we can pick up the pieces, eh?

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

The name of that image file is "Little_Rock_integration_protest". The schools in Little Rock, Arkansas, were integrated before Kennedy and Johnson were in the Oval Office. I have no idea what political party these peoples' parents belonged to, but supporting segregation in the 1950s was generally a platform of the Democrats.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Your point?

The KKK crowd in general were Democrats then, Republicans now. It's the same people - they just switched parties after Johnson betrayed them. They voted for W in 2000 and 2004.

14. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

"No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    -Jascha Heifetz

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Sorry, ice you have to prove that, this statement is nothing but partisan hyperbole, and slander.

This picture is long before Nixon ever took office, 1957 in fact, it is from the Little Rock protest, and even I am cognoscente of the fact that Nixon wasn't President until 1969 over a decade later.

It was, Govenor Orval Eugene Faubus, a Democrat who ordered the Arkansas National Guard, to to stop African American students from attending Little Rock Central High School.

It was a Republican President who stood up to the Democrats for desegregation at Little Rock, President President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

A Republican Freed the Slaves and a Republican gave them the Right to attend any school, an it was the Democrats who stood in the way, it was the Democrats who filled the Ranks of the KKK, and they are still Democrats.

History is that it was the Democrats who supported slavery, and the Republican were anti slavery, it is Republican who are for the right to attend school regardless of color, and the Democrats who are anti choice,

It was the Republicans who delivered Civil Rights in 1964 when President Johnson couldn't get enough vote in a Democrat Controlled Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Yes ice, real history, real facts, not partisan hyperbole.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Prove it my friend, the KKK is still a Democrat filled organization, it roots are Democrat from the South, and it is still that same ideology that permeates it's ranks today, a ideology that is the Antithesis of Conservatism, and the factual history of the Republican Party.

17. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Go to a white supremacist forum and ask the members what they think of George W. Bush.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

To be fair, I've browsed some white supremacist and KKK web sites over the years for curiosity's sake and, while I have no idea what political parties what these people actually belong to, they don't seem to be fans of the agendas of either the Republican or Democrat parties.

The KKK was originally a Democrat-filled organization, but they probably aren't now. After all, the Klan advocates discrimination against minorities and Democrats are more likely to support discrimination against white males.

19. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

You got it. It is not about communism or fascism or race or Democrats or Republicans or religion or ideology.

It is about mentality. Black and white thinking, anti-complexity/pro traditions people who passionately feel the urge towards "us versus them" hostile thinking make a handy angry mob that politicians or corporations can easily set against anybody who threatens their interests.

Black and white thinking, anti-complexity/pro traditions people who passionately feel the urge towards "us versus them" hostile thinking are the Limbaugh/Fox audience and were the anti-integration mob. Racism was a symptom of this mentality not these cause of this mentality. All over the world caveman culture has it's political parties and religious extremists sects that promote "us versus them" and oppose the imposition upon them of complex thinking, and facts and the inclusion of minorities and tolerance, and enforced kindness and justice "for them" and unclear gender roles and deviance from tradition.

I wish the cavemen could just figure out that they are not qualified to participate in politics and step aside and let the proponents of kindness and justice compete intellectually with the proponents of efficiency unrestrained competition and trickle down. Unfortunately the caveman keep being brought into the debate by forces that try to use or brought into the debate by their general opposition to change or towards or brought into the debate by their hostility towards the kind of people who would take their freedom by insisting that they must be kind. Cavemen don't like being told share their toys or being told not to hit.

Once the cavemen are in the debate the debate ceases to be intellectual and becomes a strictly emotional debate.

How many competing House resolutions on health care "reform" are there? Which resolutions should be studied and which should be ignored. I hate conference committees. Conference committees always seem to merge the worst part of Senate and House bills and drop out the better parts of Senate and House bills.

I hate the Massachusetts plan which was just a gift to the insurance industry, and a small segment of the working poor and maybe a slight gift to the previously insured at the expense of tax payers and the healthy young middle class to lower middle class uninsured who were forced to buy insurance that they did not want to buy and which may not cover them if they actually get sick.

My political instincts say that there will not be any significant changes to health care coming out of these bills. The Insurance/medical industry will probably squeeze a few gifts for themselves out of this mess but that is all that will happen. I think there is going to be a serious push for a Massachusetts style give away to the insurance industry but I think this will fail as neither the left nor the right will support this.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  20. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Because the demographics have changed. And Southern white Republicans were hardly for integration.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But it is still that same ideology that permeates the ranks of the KKK today, and are the Democrats really that interested in civil rights for the Blacks today? what have they done to bring that about since 1964, they are still treating blacks like they are on a Plantation today, the Democrats continue to insist that the Blacks aren't capable of taking care of themselves, it is apparent with a simple look at the welfare systems, and the quota systems forwarded by the Democrats.

The Democrat ideology is that with out the Democrats taking care of the Blacks, they would not be capable of taking care of themselves.

22. Doreen Valued Senior Member

When the KKK guys want to join one of the two main parties today, which one do they go to?

Southern dems were a racist party. Republicans were more in the direction of anti-racist, once in the past.

I am also quite sure the KKK saw themselves as conserving things like segregation, domination of whites etc.

Any time the Repulican Party, say back in the 1800s, struggled against racism, slavery, etc., they were not being conservative. They were fighting to change the system. Their was no integrated, non-racist past in the US to return to. They were not advocating traditional values. They were reformers, challenging past assumptions and traditions. And good for them. Then, that is.

23. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I know there were Democrats who opposed segregation and I'm sure there were Republicans who supported it. But, like it or not, segregation and Jim Crow laws were the political babies of the Democrats.