Have you ever noticed?...

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by electrafixtion, Mar 23, 2009.

1. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

I apologize for the inquisitive accusation J.

I read post number#482 by John99

...and then I read post# 496 by yourself in which it seemed like you were indicating you posted the first link.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jpappl Valued Senior Member

No problem.

I posted that same vid back on # 456 that is where the confusion came in.

Here is a new link to another triangle craft, take a look at the photo towards the bottom, look familiar ? Looks like a nightime version of the one that you linked to.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2363-UFO-...Os-crusing-low-over-Pennsylvania-and-Colorado

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

"Comments
    joneill says:
    They're real and are from civilizations on Venus and Mars that are much more advanced ours. They lower their vibrational speed from time to time, so that we can see them. They're like wise older brothers. Without their work of cleaning up nuclear waste that is carelessly spilled around the globe, the earth would be uninhabitable. Very soon, the world will know about our space brothers. Google "Benjamin Creme" for someone who knows very well what is going on. Though most won't believe it, you're encouraged to try to keep an open mind.
    May 18, 12:17 PM"

Yeah, right.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

So now they have 6 lights? Not 3, or 4, but 6?

Can I get a 7?

Anyone wanna give me 7 lights?

Excuse me if I sound irreverant, but if these are all supposed to be the same thing, how come the fine details seem to change from siting to siting?

8. jpappl Valued Senior Member

LOL. Keep an open mind is an understatement. I just provided the link, didn't claim it wouldn't attract a nut or two.

9. jpappl Valued Senior Member

To me the photo looks similar to the daytime video that is being discussed. That is why I added it.

The drawing is based on witness accounts which still describe 3 bright lights at the tips.

"The three white lights were at the three points of the triangle, and there were two or three red lights on its underside. The body of the object, they said, was black, and it was moving slowly in the sky traveling southeast."

10. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This is a fuzzy image. Be careful here. Enlarged images can use either pixel replication or pixel interpolation. Enlarging the image through interpolation uses averaging. Averaging is a low pass filter, which alters the original information in the picture. The small size of the image and its low intensity can be very misleading.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  11. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

And this makes it any less inconsistent how?

12. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Because from the apparent distance in the vid and in the photo it clearly shows what appear to be 3 white lights.

I was just making the distinction between 3 white lights and several smaller red ones in between as described by the witnesses and 6 or 7 white lights, which is not what was described and not in the vid/picture.

Maybe we can not see the smaller red lights in the vid/photo because of the quality of the vid/photo. Which is poor to say the least.

13. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

But they're not always white lights, and there aren't always three of them.

Equally, if the bright lights at the vertices of the triangle are supposed to be hydrogen/oxygen jet engines, why are they white when a hydrogen oxygen flame burns an almost invisible blue?

14. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Be careful here jpappl. This image has been altered by the 'zooming' effect. A low pass filter removes the high frequency parts of the signal. Edges disappear. Small lights may disappear. These are alterations beyond the original photo not recording anything.

15. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

I ran some edge detectors against the image just to see if there is anything there. All I observe was a little noise in the image. I didn't expect to see much since the low pass property of the averaging removes edges. The outline of whatever is associated with the lights is not there.

16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

If you mean the average ufo siting yes, I am only referring to the two we are looking at, the vid and the photo of the supposed triangular shaped craft with 3 white lights.

I never suggested what they are, lights, engines or reflections. I use the word "light" because that is how it appears. They could be something else. In fact, why would they be running bright lights in the daytime ? What else would create that appearance ?

Yes, well I don't disagree with you because it's a poor photo from what appears a good distance. They also state that when they looked at it, it looked like one bright light but when they took a photo of it it showed three.

17. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

No, I'm not, i'm talking about the average TR-3B sighting.
    Even the Belgium photo (if it's the one i'm tinking of) appears to show four lights, not three.

I didn't atribute you with saying that, now did I?
    However, it is one of the claims that have been made (I think by Fouche, but i'm not 100% sure on that) on behalf of the TR-3B

18. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Got it. Yes usually shown with 3 lights at the points and one in the center. Although as you said, some describe it differently. However, who's to say that if there is anything to any of this and there are new experimental advanced craft flying that they would all be the same, maybe there are various versions being tested.

Correct. I don't think anyone can say for sure if the TR-3B even exists and what is powering it if it does exist. Again, who's to say if any of the photos of these strange craft are real or not ? Is there a better explanation for the vid and photos ? Maybe. That's what is to be determined. Until then I don't think we should close the door or open doors that don't deal in reality.

19. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

On the dangers of putting too much stock in video footage or photographs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyisg9-Mwjw
    Do you think this is a conventional helicopter, or that it's using some sort of anti gravity technology?

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Very cool.

Definetly anti-gravity ! For sure, no other possible explanation.

In all serious, I agree, that is why I wouldn't bet the ranch on any photo or vid as proof of the extrodinary.

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

No, sometimes shown with three lights at the points and one in the center.
    I've seen 'photos' of it with no lights visible.
    I've also seen claims that it's capable of making itself invisible (and the only reason that it's visible in this photograph is because the particles in the chem-trails are sticking to it).

Actually, I feel I can safely say that the TR-3B did exist as an experimental rigid body airship, that was supposed to be a tactical recon platform.

Whether or not it still exists and has been retooled into something else is the question you're asking.

I suppose, in part, this all boils down to "Do you consider Rense.com a credible source for information" and I know at least one conspiracy theorist on this website that considers it credible enough to to cite in a debate on manditory vaccination.

Edgar Fouche talks about the TR-3B
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DODDNFP0Q

But I suppose what gets me the most about this whole thing is that people in this thread keep dancing around specific claims, presumably because they're contradictory.

22. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

23. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Awhile back I read they created a fabric that could bend light. Making a person standing in front of you invisible. The first thing that I thought of is what the military could use this for. Whether they have advanced it that far or not is again pretty extrodinary and most likely if true, something we won't be told about for years to come.

Yes.

Well I agree. The challenge is that it is a discussion about unknowns. So there is nothing left but speculation. If we knew exactly what there are or are not the speculation would be over until something new came around to speculate about. It's the curse and the beauty of our curious human minds.

I personally read, watch, keep and open mind and then cross reference as much as possible until I can reasonably in my mind exclude as fake, accept the prosaic explanation or leave it in the unknown category.

Last edited: May 19, 2009